Dragonborn: Cultists Orders not showing

Brako Von Cruel

Hi,

Whilst its looking likely I will have to start a new character, I'm trying to get any help before I have to do so.

Basically I cannot get past the Dragonborn DLC initial quest. I bumped into some cultists very early on (possibly due to the legendary edition... I dunno) and since then I've bumped into no more.

At the minute my Dragonborn quest mark points to a dead cultists who has no orders on him but still the marker stays on him.

I've cleared the cache, reinstalled the DLC, boosted conjuring to try the dead thrall spell on him... nothing seems to work.

I've even tried going to the new island where you arrive by boat, and the there should be a guy near the Earth stone who triggers the next quest for the temple. Because I can't finish the initial Dragonborn quest, the guy on the second island isn't there.

Does anyone have any info, has this happened to you and if so did you find a resolve without having to start all over again. I really don't want to give up my 117hr level 53 character, and starting all over again will just ruin the RP experience.