So this is going to be a proper FULL Bowling game?

RichXbox360

As opposed to the Wii Sports clone on Kinect Sports (which I'm getting on Day 1 for the achievements).

I love Bowling, and have been waiting since I played the Bowling section on Grandslam's THe Flintstones in 1988 for a good Bowling game, that ultra-crap Flintstones Bowling on the Playstation a few years back doesn't count.

Also, if I bought this on import, would it work on a UK Xbox 360? Amazon.com are doing pre-orders for $49.95 (About £28 at current exchange rate I think).

Edited by AOS Puck

• 1 month later...

A buddy of mine and I were talking about this last night while playing bowling on kinect sports. It could be a really great game if it has the following:

-Multiplayer over XBL (a must IMO)

-Bowling leagues (where your team competes against others over XBL)

-Customization (Balls, shirts, ect. that are usable with the above 2 options)

bowling leagues would be an outstanding feature.

From amazon

"•Kid-friendly Bumper Bowling option prevents gutter balls and extends the fun for audiences of all ages

•Full support for the Xbox 360 Kinect sensor (sold separately)

•Realistic bowling with accurate ball and pin physics, lane oil effects, and a career mode allowing you to work your way from an amateur to a true professional Brunswick pro champion

•10 highly detailed bowling environments, each with unique lane characteristics; 5 game-play options including Exhibition, Skins and Tournament modes

Unique League Play feature allows players to join teams and compete in multiplayer mode"

So maybe it's in there....That really would add a lot of replay value to this

• 4 weeks later...
From amazon

Kid-friendly Bumper Bowling option prevents gutter balls and extends the fun for audiences of all ages

•Realistic bowling with accurate ball and pin physics, lane oil effects, and a career mode allowing you to work your way from an amateur to a true professional Brunswick pro champion

•10 highly detailed bowling environments, each with unique lane characteristics; 5 game-play options including Exhibition, Skins and Tournament modes

Unique League Play feature allows players to join teams and compete in multiplayer mode"

Sold! Sold! And Sold! I know I don't really need the Bumpers up having Bowled for over 20 years, but the option to use Bumpers rocks!

From amazon

"•Kid-friendly Bumper Bowling option prevents gutter balls and extends the fun for audiences of all ages

•Unique League Play feature allows players to join teams and compete in multiplayer mode"

That makes me happy.

Real life bowling alleys don't even pay enough attention to this happy to see this really.

At first I thought this would just be another grindy 1000AP to go on the shelf and collect dust afterwards.

After reading through, it looks like it'll have some replayability and will be a hit at parties with a Kinect. (Waiting for the holiday season to be over to get one. Too high in demand ATM)

• 1 month later...

Well I would love all the features you guys are talking about.

But lets be realistic.

A full bowling league online is over doing it. As bowling is not the most popular sport.

I do hope there will be online though.

As for purchasing this game I hope a trailer comes out soon.

Because I really want to buy kinnect sports.

If I would see this to be a better purchase it would be awsome.

But as I have no info on the game and no videos...

My prediction is I will most likely buy kinnect sports.

This does look amazing though. The idea of it that is.

But lets be realistic.

A full bowling league online is over doing it. As bowling is not the most popular sport.

There are videos on Youtube of the PS3 Move version, and the game itself looks good, I just hate PS Move.

But lets be realistic.

Bowling leagues might not be all that hot in Canada, but you'd be surprised how popular it is in the U.S. And why not get them both? Kinect Sports is a blast and is worth the money. BPB has a lot of cool features that will make it worthwhile in my opinion. You are wise to wait for videos / a demo, though, if you have reservations. Actually, Crave Entertainment's website has videos. Here is the official site: http://cravegames.com/games/Brunswick_Bowling/index.html ...

• 2 weeks later...