A Guide to the Best Weapons and Armor (Includes "God" Armor)

Method

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thieves Guild merchants have 4000 gold each once you fully restore the guild to prominence.

So it's time for me to do the Thieves Guild guests.

Arcadia's maximum level she can train you to is 75. The master trainer for Alchemy is Babette of the Dark Brotherhood.

Is Babette a merchant? So all the money I pay her for training, I can get it back by selling her my potions?

The I will start the dark brotherhood quests after the thieves guild.

thanks man

Can't say it enough. Your guide is awesome.

My smithing is already at 100. My alchemy is 82 and next I will be doing my enchantment tree.

Edited by BSH 1975

Following this method, is it generally better to go with light armor rather than heavy armor? I went with the heavy armor smithing tree, but only because daedric weapons are awesome. It seems like dragon armor, once modified, would be good enough that it goes above the functional limit on armor. Is there a benefit to using heavy armor instead?

Since pretty much every armor type (light or heavy) can reach the 567 armor cap, the path you choose with regards to that is purely an aesthetic one. The weapons you can make are the only consideration that you should take into account since dragon doesn't have weapons and daedric are the best.

Can the god armor be obtained with patch 1.2? I didn't see anyone ask this but if it has been asked before sorry for the repeat I didn't see the answer.

P.S. Method thank you for the guide on alchemy, even if I can't do the god armor with patch 1.2 the alchemy guide was very useful.

Can the god armor be obtained with patch 1.2? I didn't see anyone ask this but if it has been asked before sorry for the repeat I didn't see the answer.

P.S. Method thank you for the guide on alchemy, even if I can't do the god armor with patch 1.2 the alchemy guide was very useful.

I did it with the 1.2 patch, so yes it can.

EDIT: used my "god crafting set" and created a fortify smithing potion, then used the potion to "sharpen" a bunch of daggers worth 1537249 each.

Useful little fact: Shopkeepers don't have to have the cash to buy an item for your speech skill to increase. I maxed out my speech skill with 1 sale.

Edited by SpinelesS

Hi, I've been using this guide to the letter and it is damned fantastic! However I have found that after getting all 3 skills to 100 and getting to step 5 and creating the Ultimate Crafting Gauntlets I went back to create more Fortify Enchantment potions to do the actual step 5 armour (couldn't be bothered to restock a million times to get the ingredients before, Arcadia really grates after about 10 hours or so) and for some reason my base Alchemy skill, with nothing in my active effects, no apparel on at all (just to be sure) was enabling me to create potions with +stupidlyhigh% to anything, now, this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, except that the Fortify Enchantment potions I made like this came out at being over +50,000% which of course broke the game and made my enchantments into minuses. I'm really hoping someone here can shed some light on this since I really don't want to go back and start from scratch, thanks in advance. EDIT: the actual plus I get for a Fortify Restoration potion with this stupidly high base skill is +5033225%, which is really not good, the Enchantment one, although I can't check right now, is similarly high.

Edited by Athelforth

Hey Method,

has anyone mentioned to you about the Falmer helmet and circlet glitch? forgive me if someone has, but I did not read through all 40 pages of the thread, lol.

Since you can wear a falmer helmet at the same time as a Circlet, you can have an additional item with +29% alchemy. you can increase your enchanting potion cap to 37% and smithing potions to 147%. It isn't as good as the God set obviously but if you want the maximum the game allows without making game breaking 900,000 damage weapons, this is it.

My Daedric Swords can do 557 (+29 Shock +25 Absorb health) damage, which I believe is max for one handed weapons.

Edited by Puppys

Hey Method,

has anyone mentioned to you about the Falmer helmet and circlet glitch? forgive me if someone has, but I did not read through all 40 pages of the thread, lol.

Since you can wear a falmer helmet at the same time as a Circlet, you can have an additional item with +29% alchemy. you can increase your enchanting potion cap to 37% and smithing potions to 147%. It isn't as good as the God set obviously but if you want the maximum the game allows without making game breaking 900,000 damage weapons, this is it.

My Daedric Swords can do 557 (+29 Shock +25 Absorb health) damage, which I believe is max for one handed weapons.

Is this Falmer helmet/circlet thing a glitch or intended? Reason I'm asking is that I don't want to put glitches in here as I'll have to edit it all again later. I know step 5 is a glitch (or at least I think it is) but if it's ever patched I can just delete the whole post.

If it's not a glitch, are there any easy places to get a Falmer helmet? I've tried to write this from the perspective of a "fresh" character and exploring Dwemner ruins could be rather difficult for a noob character. Thanks for the tip BTW :)

The Falmer helmet thing is definitely a glitch as it makes your head invisible (just the helmet shows) When used I can make +37% enchanting potions and +147% smithing potions. It makes all enchantments and weapon/armor improvements slightly better except +alchemy/smithing enchantments, which still seemed to be capped at 29%.

You probably could add it to the guide maybe as an interim step between 4 and 5. After step 4 you have the best weapons and armor available without using any glitches. But if people want to go a tiny bit further and get an extra couple % out of their weapons and armor then they have that choice also.

As you said, early on a Falmer helmet might be hard to come by. We could probably search for the easiest place to acquire one early on in the game, or just wait till step 4 is done then acquiring one won't be a problem.

Help, I can't seem to craft the +29% alchemy potion. It seems to level off at 27% for me.

Does it only work for PC or maybe I need to use an amulet instead of a necklace?

In addition, when I check my active effects, 3 of my 4 fortify alchemy items says silver ring instead of 1 for ring, 1 for necklace, 1 gloves, and 1 for helm.

Edited by mmk197

(Falmer Helmet and Circlet Glitch) Well it certainly isn't intended for the game, but I thought if this is a guide the the best weapons and armor, you should add it... it might be hard to come by early on in the game, but assuming a player will be doing a ton of stuff in this game further down the line from this initial boost of sorts, he/she will eventually get that far and upgrade to better armor/weapons in the process.

I'd like to mention that Giant's Toes are definitely a glitched item, as they should not provide nearly as much XP and gold-per-potion as they do. I was at 95 alchemy last night, and went out and killed 15 giants. Since I had well over 100 Wheat, I just combined Giant's Toes and Wheat and made 15 potions (technically more since I had the alchemist blessing that potentially doubles your output at random). Those 15 toes alone were enough to level me through the last 5 levels.

Based on the chart found below, Luna Moth Wings are technically the most prized ingredient, as they are used in at least 50 of the highest value potions. That said, Giant's Toes are much more common and simply dwarf the XP output produced by Luna Moth Wing pots.

http://keke.itarium.ch/uploads/alch_values.txt

The guy in this article appears to concur with me in saying that Giant's Toes are glitched:

Thanks for the guide Method... super useful. I followed it pretty much to the T. One thing I'd like to point out that was confusing/frustrating for me at first were that some of the alchemy ingredients you listed aren't available to buy from Arcadia until you have the Merchant perk in the Speech tree. They are:

Bear claws

Eye of Sabre Cat

Large Antlers

Also, I would recommend the user holding out for the banish enchantment instead of paralyze or absorb health simply due to the more money involved in selling the daggers (~2000g vs ~500g) If the user can make it through the alchemy stage, I think they can wait for a banish to pop up. Might want to add also that the description of banish is: "Summoned Daedra up to level x are sent back to Oblivion." As a new player to the game, I wasn't sure if this was banish or not.

Thanks again man...

EDIT: Arcadia will sell almost every ingredient in the game, including pearls, large/small antlers, and saber cat tooth, but only after the Merchant perk is invested in.

Edited by exostar

no offence, but i dont get why people want to cheapen the gaming experience.

nothing against you method, but i wont be using this.

i like wandering around & figuring out stuff myself.

RPGs were made to take ALOT of TIME. i find them the most rewarding style of game out there.

plus theres nothing like the feeling you get when you do this stuff yourself. the whole sense of " WOW that was friggin awesome"! is lost on curent gamers today.

but i just might be showing my age now lol. i like doing it myself & going WOW!

been playing for 40+ yrs. never have i seen people so eager to beat games fast than this gen of gamers.

well have a great weekend! spent 429 hrs on oblivion. wonder how much of my life this will suck out lmao. cheers!

plus theres nothing like the feeling you get when you do this stuff yourself. the whole sense of " WOW that was friggin awesome"! is lost on curent gamers today.

but i just might be showing my age now lol. i like doing it myself & going WOW!

been playing for 40+ yrs. never have i seen people so eager to beat games fast than this gen of gamers.

This part here shows how hard you are missing the point. It takes hours to do this and you could literally get the same effect by dropping down your difficulty to novice. I doubt many, if any, people are going through all this hassle just to make the game easier when it's already pretty easy. But keep on riding that high horse, broseph!

Sidenote: I just now learned today that you can rename items when you enchant them. I have now regressed to being five years old and am now wearing a full set of Poop Armor.

ok so started making my crafting set only to hit a really big snag. I have the extra effect perk for enchanting, yet my gloves, ring and necklaces with 29% to alchemy will not show up during enchanting so i can't add the 2nd effect which is smithing to them.

Everyone got any ideas why.

You can only add the second enchant at the same time you add the first. You have to make some new gear and then add the 2 enchants at once.

You can only add the second enchant at the same time you add the first. You have to make some new gear and then add the 2 enchants at once.

ah bummer didn't know that. good job i got plenty cash to buy new gear lol.

thanks for the info.

*EDIT - ok so got my crafting armour done :D and have a quick question cos the stats to me are a little wierd.

So i made a Glass Sword normal damage is 23. Drank 130% smithy potion upgraded to legendary damage is now 112. However just for test i made a Glass Greatsword normal damage is 23 same as glass sword, now using the potion again you would have thought the legendary damage would be 112, but its not it comes out at 74 for some odd reason lol.

Edited by Adamsy
Another question added

no offence, but i dont get why people want to cheapen the gaming experience.

nothing against you method, but i wont be using this.

i like wandering around & figuring out stuff myself.

I would have to agree with you, however, I am using this guide as a tool in my daily adventures. I am on the lookout for the specific ingredients and collect as many as I can, even when purchasing. I grab my own souls instead of buying collected ones. Takes longer my way but Method really set the groundwork for me. Thanks dude!