Have you ever shot a gun of any kind in real life?

Cooljoe

Have you ever shot a gun in real life? If so, is it in this game?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever shot a gun in real life? If so, is it in this game?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon Military guys this is our bragging rights section! lol

Did 6 years in army ( got out in Oct 2010 ). Ive shot M16 ( with underslung M203 ), M4, M249, M240B, M60, AT-4, M9A1 Baretta, and a Glock. Thats about it. Ive played with AUG's, Scar, and ACR but never shot them.

oh and I personally own a AR-15 ( M4 equiv. ) , with tact. light, and green laser point, 4x scope, bi-pod and a forward grip

I'm working on 4 years right now. I've had contact with most of the Non-Russian weapons, only actually fired a handful though.

Really? I've been out for a few years, but we got lots of play time with russian guns (especially ak/pkm variants), my unit often played OPFOR for other units during training, and besides if/when you get sent to the sandbox AKs are literally everywhere. I'm sure this varies greatly from unit to unit, when it comes to getting good kit, Rangers really do lead the way ;)!

Really? I've been out for a few years, but we got lots of play time with russian guns (especially ak/pkm variants), my unit often played OPFOR for other units during training, and besides if/when you get sent to the sandbox AKs are literally everywhere. I'm sure this varies greatly from unit to unit, when it comes to getting good kit, Rangers really do lead the way ;)!

Basic Training was the only time I saw any Russian weapons. Never got to touch or fire any though. Spent more time learning about all of the Russian vehicles. While I'll probably never be a Ranger, I did grow up next to Camp Merrill, which inspired me to join the military.

Basic Training was the only time I saw any Russian weapons. Never got to touch or fire any though. Spent more time learning about all of the Russian vehicles. While I'll probably never be a Ranger, I did grow up next to Camp Merrill, which inspired me to join the military.

I spent some time in the 325th Airborne Infantry Reg before I Ranger'd up, in prep for our first deployment (OIF 1) we got a whole day to finger bang AKs PKMs etc. Later on when training our allies I got a lot more intimate with them. Really it's only the "obscure" stuff in BF3 that I haven't had some trigger time with (KH2002, PDW-R, A-91, and most of the chinese stuff).

Yes, but mainly just rifles and shotguns. I have yet to shoot a handgun.

However, I plan on getting my FOID card very soon. I really want to purchase a handgun.

Same here, I have downloaded the FOID card PDF application multiple times but never sent it in. I haven't shot a handgun yet either, but many rifles, machine guns, and shotguns through the years.

I know this is kinda off-topic, but have you gone to the new firing range that opened up in Lombard just recently? I plan on going soon now that they have reservations and I won't have to be up super early just to get a spot on the weekend.

I'm a deer hunter and have grown up around guns. My weapon of choice is my grandfathers old Remington Model 740 .280 hunting rifle. Its got a beautiful hand carved red cherry stock. Really it should be cleaned up and hung on the mantle but with almost 60 years of hunting behind it I can't bear to make it a show piece. I've already bagged two that I've got on the walls so even though its heavy as hell I still drag it out with me every year.