Co-Op RPGs/Dungeon Crawlers

WordofHate

While more of an RPG than a Dungeon Crawler, Dungeon Defenders is a tremendous Xbox Live Arcade Title. It is only 1200 MS Points, has 4-player local and Xbox Live co-op, definately has huge amount of time that could be played on it, and is fun to play with friends and experiment with the different classes.

Also, if you want a more modern RPG, Borderlands is also a personal favorite of mine too. I would recommend both of those to any RPG lover, any time.

Dungeon Siege 3 can be played entirely with co-op and even up to 4 players.

True but its such a poor title, I bought it trade-in for £5 and felt over charged. Square/Enix totally killed a great franchise, it felt like a ps2 game and should have been released cheap via arcade not full price retail.

Crimson Alliance is the only other 4 player co-op dungeon crawler I know of on the 360. Torchlight II is meant to be co-op and coming soon and big possibility Blizzard will port Diablo III to consoles, that will be the choice 4 player action role-player if we get it.

The newish game Lord of The Rings: War for the North is a pretty fun 3 player RPG. Ive heard a lot of people hating on it with things such as you are just playing as not-Aragorn, not-Legolas, and not-Gimli. xD but its fair and fun. Nobody gets to hog all the loot because chests let everyone loot them and its a cool addition to the series. Im kinda mad though cause they dont even have the achievements for it on here! Like whats up with that!? Know where I can ask about that? Cause i'd like for them to get a guide for it on here, or even acknowledge that it exists!

• 2 weeks later...

Sacred 2 is awesome, I recently picked up the CE and have been trying to convince my mates to buy it so we can play online. Level cap of 200, a fair loot and xp system, decent size world, tons of side quests, and mounts, everything a good dungeon crawler needs. Reminds me of Diablo. Definitely look into that one.

I also recently got Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom another 4 player co-op rpg, which is not too bad but I have not played it online or very much at all for that matter.

Dungeon Defenders can be an extremely addictive game, especially when playing with friends, but gets very repetitive and requires hours of playtime to level up and to unlock achievements.

The leveling system is very basic, the loot and xp system does not get shared equally, there is tons of loot, but it is mostly crap, and once you get a decent weapon you don't ever need to change it. I still recommend it for having fun with friends, but not if you are after a deep rpg, or a dungeon crawler where you need to explore the world.

• 1 month later...
What is a dungeon crawler? A game where the majority of levels is set inside a dungeon?

I'll go with Gears of War2 then.

Borderlands.

lmao        

Annnnnnnyhow, Sacred 2 is probably the best Dungeon Crawler type on the 360. It's definitely not a quick 1000 though, but still quite fun.

Edited by Gackt