Platinum Combo Ratings

I only need two more medals to 1000 this game. I need the platinum medal for combos one Electro, Carnage or Mysterio. I have gotten a 100 hit combo on the Msterio level and a 34 hit combo on the Electro level, both only end up giving me about 15000 when I need 19000. I haven't tried the Carnage level again yet. Is there an easy way to raise my combo rating and does anyone now how high a combo you need for the platinums in these levels? Theres only one place I can think to get a higher combo than the 34 in the Electro level but it's based on luck and I don't want to have to play the entire level if I don't get it high enough.

the best thing to do is use that move "eight legged fury" for higher combo rating

Agreed. It should also go without saying that you shouldn't stick to one combo the entire time. Make use of the crowd clearing moves and the charge attack within a hit string.

By the way, OP, you don't need to get Platinum medals on Mysterio's level. You need only get Platinum rank for the first 12 levels.

Yeah i'm having trouble with the combo on carnage also. I also need 2 more levels completed and have sandman(time), juggernaut(time), and carnage(combo) to get it. Thinking sandman and carnage would be the easier two, but those damn sand demons are tough, they block almost everything. I found out the combo counter only goes to x999!! lol Did at the beginning of the carnage level and only finished with like 14000 something.

Any help would be great!!

As said above, the Eight Legged Fury move is like a guaranteed platinum on combos. I was going for the time platinum on Sandman, avoiding all combat I could, and using 8 Legged on all the smaller sand demons for a 1-combo kill. I ended up blowing the time by 10 seconds, but nabbed the combo platinum without even trying to mix things up, and only fighting about 20-25 enemies.

I had trouble with the whole airborne thing at first too, but it's just:

• Hold Y for sweeping attack that launches enemy AND brings Spidey up with them for a second.
  • Immediately punch in X, X, Y, X

Spidey will bring the enemy back to the ground before going into a cool visual where he's seemingly in stop motion due to speed. It's unmistakeable if you do it right.

This only works on light enemies, maybe medium too, but the big guys can't be launched. Just Y the hell out of them.

1k'd it some minutes ago, Platinum wasn't that hard, i managed to get 2-3 Platinums at my first try on each level.

Noir levels are easy, just do your thing and when you have to fight use Eight Legged Fury and mash Y for big enemies.

Others: Skip all the fights you can and use Eight Legged as often as possible, y for bigger enemies and Y+B for masses (Carnage).

I skipped Electro because of all the One Hit enemies. Platinum Combo on Carnage is easy if you ELF all enemies with rifles and those little red bastards, when you have to fight.

Spiderman 2099s Special Move is veeeery useful. Use it for suicide enemies, when you want to kill the big guys within a short time (mash Y and make them shoot themselves) or you free fall. Its easy to finish the Mysterio section within 1-2min.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this is late, but for Electro, you cannot rely on eight legged fury. I got 23059 combo score on that level by doing the following:

- NEVER EVER EVER PRESS RB FOR RAGE.

- For one hit kill enemies, mix it up. Maybe press X for three, Y for three, jump then press Y, press Y+B, and then press X + A, and everything in between. i did this throughout the level.

- The first two battles against Electro are your chance to use heavy combos. I was mashing XXYYY or YYY or a mixture of the two with a little Y + B in the middle.

- Never once did I use the eight legged fury OR Rage, and had 4059 combo score to spare.

• 3 months later...

i have but only one issue with the eight legged fury. it doesn't work what so ever on electrode's level. being that all the enemy's (besides the large purple enemys) die in 1 hit. i only end up with about 17,900 evey time and make it to the 20:00min mark every time, how ever if you even land on the 20:00 mark for any reason you wont get the medal needed fpr the chevo. any help with combo ideas and better timing please let me know . and thanks again

• 5 months later...

Halle-freakin-luah !

I got Platinum Combo on Carnage after waiting 3 months to get back to it.

19,212 ... barely enough.

Hate that level.

It seems variety of combos is what you need. Not number of combos.

And I did Platinum everything on the hardest levels first:

-Mysterio

-Carnage

-Electro

Let's hope the rest of the game is a breeze.

UPDATE:

Doctor Octopus was a challenge.

But YES, the other earlier levels were a cinch compared to Carnage.

SPIDER-MAN: SHATTERED DIMENSIONS 1000G, Mar 7th 2012

Edited by E vee dub

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I know this is late, but for Electro, you cannot rely on eight legged fury. I got 23059 combo score on that level by doing the following:

- NEVER EVER EVER PRESS RB FOR RAGE.

This guy has a point. I found that most levels were easy to get the combo rating high using the eight legged-fury attack for most of the level. However the ULTIMATE Spider-Man levels seemed to be so much harder, they're the ones where I had to vary my attacks to get the rating up and even then it was often only just over the 1900 mark. I think using RAGE probably lowers your rating somehow, I'm guessing because you're usually spamming the x or y buttons.