A message from Xbox LIVE..

Barad

How dare they get my hopes up with these godforsaken messages! :p

Well, you can always try looking forward to that possibility next time maybe?

I got the exact same thing last night, I wonder if it's some oddity in the service or something. Far as I know, I'd say my account is relatively safe.

I don't think it's an oddity; I remember people posting here a while back about having to have proofs and I guess Microsoft is finally informing everyone about it.

I hate these new security proofs. They are just trying to get more user info to sell to marketing. I had to create a new email account just to play on my 360, cause M$ can go screw thinking I'm gonna give them my phone number to sell to telemarketers. Total BS.:mad: Just had to vent...

I've added all 3 and it still keeps asking for them. W.T.F.

I had it about 4 days ago, linked up my phone with my xbox tag so it tells me if anybody logins from another console via my phone, and also allows me to recover my account whenever I want regardless of email addresses by using my phone.

Anyone who steals my shit, I'm getting it straight back. You've gotta steal my phone too fool, and we know most e-criminals are pussies who would never steal from you in real life if they knew you were aware of their presence and/or intentions.

I had it about 4 days ago, linked up my phone with my xbox tag so it tells me if anybody logins from another console via my phone, and also allows me to recover my account whenever I want regardless of email addresses by using my phone.

Well that's actually pretty useful. most everybody has a phone nowadays, and people who are smarter than their phones have them locked, microsoft may actually be learning! :)

Edited by Cann0nSen5ei

Just from a personal point i wont be doing this

Last month i had my account hacked and because all my details were on xbox, the hacker managed to get access to my xbox live account, my email and use my debit card, i had a torrid time changing my email, cancelling my debit card, total nightmare.

Xbox told me they would block the card but they still managed to use it so i had to phone the bank and get it cancelled.

I'll never put my debit card or anything on there agian, i'll just but points and membership from shops now, xbox were really no help at all to be honest and the worse of it is i know the person who hacked me but xbox "sorry there's nothing we can do"

Just my personal experiance

OK, I also got this message last weekend, and another one I couldn't read yesterday (I assume it's just a reminder) I only glanced at the message, but I think it gave me a short timeframe to do this. My internet went out Sun night, and hasn't been on since...if I can't get back on in that time am I going to lose access to my account? I have my email attached to it already, but that's all (I refuse to add any financial info). It's annoying I can't access these messages through XBox.com.

Sorry if this is a stupid question :(

OK, I also got this message last weekend, and another one I couldn't read yesterday (I assume it's just a reminder) I only glanced at the message, but I think it gave me a short timeframe to do this. My internet went out Sun night, and hasn't been on since...if I can't get back on in that time am I going to lose access to my account? I have my email attached to it already, but that's all (I refuse to add any financial info). It's annoying I can't access these messages through XBox.com.

Sorry if this is a stupid question :(

I got one yesterday that I couldn't read either! I was able to read it today though, and it's about Happy Wars. For others who can not read the message, this is what it says:

"A significant update to the game Happy Wars has been released. Matckmaking has been significantly improved, and the new update includes new content, new bonuses, and new game events. Launch the game for automatic delivery of the update."

Just from a personal point i wont be doing this

Last month i had my account hacked and because all my details were on xbox, the hacker managed to get access to my xbox live account, my email and use my debit card, i had a torrid time changing my email, cancelling my debit card, total nightmare.

Xbox told me they would block the card but they still managed to use it so i had to phone the bank and get it cancelled.

I'll never put my debit card or anything on there agian, i'll just but points and membership from shops now, xbox were really no help at all to be honest and the worse of it is i know the person who hacked me but xbox "sorry there's nothing we can do"

Just my personal experiance

You can't hack hard cash :D

hackers are pansies who hide behind monitors and won't face you in real life. :)

• 8 months later...

ON 8/24/2013 AT 4:10 AM

LIVE wrote:

You can read this message on your Xbox 360.

Message will expire in 29 days

I jut got one of these while checking live.xbox.com (I use that for pretty much everything.) and I understand from this thread it's probably about proofs or something but does anyone know why it says one thing on live.xbox.com and another on the actual system? Is there some reason?

but does anyone know why it says one thing on live.xbox.com and another on the actual system? Is there some reason?

First of all, that Zelda gif in your signature. :dance:

No idea why. Microsoft do some things weird. This is one of those weird things.

Have you reported anyone's profile recently? If so, that could be the message.