Patch?

MasterSparky

It looks like with PC patch #9 done, Codemasters have finally completed a 360 & PS3 patch and have sent them off to MS and Sony. The patch was completed by Codemasters on the 23rd, and they expect it to go live on 360 "early next week".

Official Console Patch Update at Codemasters forums

Good news is this should include the fix for the Equipment May Be The Same achievement glitch meaning it will now work in career mode, not just co-op (fixed way back in patch 3).

It will also hopefully fix the strange lag desync problems in multiplayer games (Patch 9: "Made some improvements to the online game so car positions should be more accurate and less twitchy at high speeds.")

Also, it makes Parc Fermé rules optional online so you can tweak your car setup during qualifying or load one at all if you join the session mid-quali for the race (Patch 8: "Added an option to turn the Parc Ferme rules on or off in online Custom Race, Co-Op and LAN games.")

I just hope it fixes the dumb penalties, I got a penalty for an illegal over take when the nearest car was 5 seconds behind me.

And don't get me started on the weather, every race of my first season so far has been in pouring rain, Valencia was the worst though, every other car on the track started on slick tyres even though it was pouring with rain, and every car on the track except me, spun on the first corner.

F1 2011 still had plenty of dumb penalties, so expect to see fewer but there will still be many annoying penalties where it feels like you made no mistake.

The amount of wet weather was fixed way way back in PC patch #2 (We’ve addressed the issue with the frequency of wet weather races.) and apparently the game choosing the wrong tyres was fixed back in PC patch #6 (Cars will no longer start the race on the wrong tyres.)

I've learned to enjoy the twitchier handling of F1 2012 (thanks to the loss of the blown exhaust systems that dominated 2011) but thanks to all these lag issues I've given up playing it online with randoms. Hopefully the patch will bring the netcode back to at least 2011 level...

One problem I think with the penalties is how you will almost always be penalised when you are the car behind and hardly ever when you are in front. It's an amusing loophole to exploit in career - I like to see how many cars I can get to retire - but online it is a nightmare.

When I am catching someone and am clearly faster, they just weave from side to side, so my odds of getting past without incurring a penalty are miniscule.:mad: