Is Microsoft Buying Part of Facebook?

BackerMan

Hottest tech rumor of the day: Microsoft is in talks to buy a chunk of Facebook.

Reports indicate Microsoft may spend between $300-million and $500-million to buy 5 per cent of the popular fake-friend aggregation site.

That means that the projected value of Facebook is more than 10 billion dollars. Not bad for a website/network without an appreciable revenue stream. Facebook has more than 52 million monthly users, and is second only to MySpace, although analysts report that Facebook is growing faster than MySpace.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070925.wrfacebook25/BNStory/Technology/home?cid=al_gam_mostemail

If Microsoft buy Facebook, would you dump myspace for facebook?

I've already dumped MySpace, it's gotten to the point where if I go more than an hour or two without being online, I've already gotten 10 spam messages/requests on MySpace.

Plus, Facebook is a lot more local. It's easier to meet people from your business/school.

Facebook > MySpace

EDIT: Plus FB has a great classifieds section, textbooks are easy as hell to find and they're crazy cheap. Some of the books were a 1/5th of the used price for my campus bookstore. Sure it's no Craig's List, but it's pretty good for a social network.

yea myspace is gay!!! everyone leaves those bullentins where there like you will die if not replyed. there so stupid!!! <<(i still do them though just incase:woop:)

^lol, I still use myspace. But, I may switch over soon to Facebook if I find people I know, some how my myspace account got phished, and I never even clicked on one of them fake ads that get spammed on everyones page. Shit's retarded, my friend left me a comment on mine, saying he appreciated the comment but he didn't want a macy's giftcard. Then I saw I posted it on like 3 others too.