ODST Set for May Release

dakisbac

Included in the patch notes for today's content update:

Additionally, we’re excited about the progress of the Relic multiplayer map remake and the Campaign for Halo 3: ODST, both of which are on track to release within Halo: The Master Chief Collection next month with our next content update. Look for more details next month, including the final map name for the Relic remake, release date and more.

This means the new achievements should be available fairly soon as well assuming there are some.

Full patch notes are here for those who are interested.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for ODST achievements but I don't know if they'll actually include them since it's to be included in a content update as opposed to a separate download.

Unless they've finally decided to lock it behind a paywall for the people who aren't receiving it for free, that way the achievements would still be obtainable for everybody instead of exclusively for the MCC Beta Testers ;).

Ah, true. I forgot this was only available to a certain pool of the players. Makes it seem like there might not be achievements then...unless 343 ends up giving ODST to everyone which then makes them just look bad for promising exclusive compensation for those who were royally fucked during the first month of release.

Ah, true. I forgot this was only available to a certain pool of the players. Makes it seem like there might not be achievements then...unless 343 ends up giving ODST to everyone which then makes them just look bad for promising exclusive compensation for those who were royally fucked during the first month of release.

This is exclusive compensation for those of us who played MCC will MM was broken for the first month. Most likely it'll be payed DLC for everyone else. I can't imagine they'll make this impossible to obtain for people who didn't have the game for the first month.

IT more than likely will be paid DLC. I'm sure it won't be a ridiculous amount. Probably a meager $10 or something in that ball park. I don't see them charging the cost of traditional DLC like $15-$20. Looking forward to all the new achievements as well.

• 2 weeks later...
...the stormy shores of Relic and the devastated streets of New Mombasa found within ODST, and [REDACTED], which we’ll be sharing more about later this year.

We’ve got a few different things moving on the MCC front, including this month’s content update, which will include Relic and ODST. As we get closer to the update, we’ll have additional details about how these goodies will be available, as well as what else will be included. Lastly, we’re happy to announce today that Relic will be re-mastered as Remnant in Halo 2: Anniversary.

Wonder what the "redacted" could be? Maybe they're adding Firefight with matchmaking?

So I assume ODST is still slated for a May release at this point.

We have about two weeks left in the month, so I think we'll see it release late next week.

/source

Edited by BiggD

Really hoping those assholes don't add more achievements. And if they do, keep off of the damn MP. 2 TUs of MP achievement crap is enough.

Well ODST did not have Multiplayer unless you can't the Firefight which we aren't getting anyway.

I'm all for more achievements, I quite enjoyed ODST on the 360 and would easily play it again but if no achievements to get through the campaign I really don't think I would bother, rather playing something else and get achievements...

I've been checking for the new achievements on the achievement API a couple of times a day. I'll post them when I find them if someone doesn't beat me to it.

@Bigg: I'm down for co-op. Don't know if there is going to be another speed-run achievement but if there is I may wait until Eli or someone posts a guide to follow. I will be down for all of the miscellaneous stuff though, and multiplayer achievements if there are any.

I've been checking for the new achievements on the achievement API a couple of times a day. I'll post them when I find them if someone doesn't beat me to it.

@Bigg: I'm down for co-op. Don't know if there is going to be another speed-run achievement but if there is I may wait until Eli or someone posts a guide to follow. I will be down for all of the miscellaneous stuff though, and multiplayer achievements if there are any.

Thanks!!

And I have no idea how to speed run ODST either so I'll probably wait for Eli's videos too. Someone told me it's easier to speed run since the levels are so open and that means more room for clearance in firefights. But the open-world aspect of the "night time" aspect of the Campaign could be tricky.

Either way, we'll see what's in store for us and hopefully we can group up. I wanna knock whatever it comes with outta the way quick so I can get back to other games :p