Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition getting 1.8 Update!

It's been made 100% clear that updates will be absolutely free.

Actually, Notch has said he's been given a limited number of free updates by Microsoft, and even that took a lot of negotiating on Mojang's part. After that... well, who knows?

To acknowledge any possible future request, source - clicky here

Edit: Oh crap, didn't notice ETKC's post - even though it was directly below -__-. Oh well, now theres a double confirmation, of sorts xD

Edited by ash356

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't they just direct port the PC version? :confused:

They DID give us a direct port. When they started porting Minecarft over, the PC version was exactly like this, clay bug and all. The PC has just continually been updated since then, which they couldn't do to the Xbox version without continually delaying its launch.

Let's call it development lag :p They'll get it caught up (or very close) eventually.

after watching video's on youtube of pc minecraft, i really want some of the new features. i think we'll be waiting a while though as according to their twitter, the first patch they'll release is just bug fixes

Nope we are on 1.6.6, 1.7.3 will be next followed by 1.8. I'd love to see them skip 1.9 and go directly to 1.0 full release. That'd be awesome :p

That's fucking gay. That means we'll have to wait another month or two after the next update hits to finally play creative mode, and there's still no word on when that is even going to happen... That's so stupid....:(

• 3 weeks later...

So we would have to create a new world after every update in order to use anything added so is there any point in actually playing this untill it is fully updated to 1.0 as having to start over after every update is f***ing pointless imo.

I have started a few new worlds for clay and can find clay fairly easy now but is it just me or are maps with clay lacking in diamond.

So we would have to create a new world after every update in order to use anything added so is there any point in actually playing this untill it is fully updated to 1.0 as having to start over after every update is f***ing pointless imo.

I have started a few new worlds for clay and can find clay fairly easy now but is it just me or are maps with clay lacking in diamond.

thats the pain of playing something like this on a console. It will never stop either because 1.0 is old now and the updates after that would require new worlds on this

Finite world size = new map for features that require newly generated chunks.

• 1 month later...
Actually, Notch has said he's been given a limited number of free updates by Microsoft, and even that took a lot of negotiating on Mojang's part. After that... well, who knows?

To acknowledge any possible future request, source - clicky here

Edit: Oh crap, didn't notice ETKC's post - even though it was directly below -__-. Oh well, now theres a double confirmation, of sorts xD

Yeah, of course Microsoft will take it in their hands just to make a little more money. It seems so unfair because Mojang only wants us to pay one time and that is for the game, not the updates. That sucks....

Edited by Whiskey the Fox
Grammar

Yeah, of course Microsoft will take it in their hands just to make a little more money. It seems so unfair because Mojang only wants us to pay one time and that is for the game, not the updates. That sucks....

I know it does suck but Microsoft is the one hosting all the files and is using their bandwidth, and that shit ain't cheap to source free files out to 60 million users. I understand microsofts stance because also they will be hosting the files for years to come and free won't always work. Price reductions down the line sure but free for everything is not possible.

If Mojang hosted their own servers then they could make as many free updates as they wanted but then again, they probably don't have that kind of money kicking around.

Edited by lornesbored

damn if they made me re-pay for minecraft on the next gen console, well obviously I wouldn't do it because minecraft isn't worth a double purchase. I didn't even wanna buy it again for my iPad so why would I buy it again for another console.

I'm sure if it is compatible with the new box they will make the download free.

damn if they made me re-pay for minecraft on the next gen console, well obviously I wouldn't do it because minecraft isn't worth a double purchase. I didn't even wanna buy it again for my iPad so why would I buy it again for another console.

I'm sure if it is compatible with the new box they will make the download free.

That may be, however, I was playing Burnout: Revenge on the original xbox and it wasn't compatible with the 360, so they made a 360 version which I had to purchase AGAIN. Still have both copies because the original was better than the 360 version.