Teen Killed At Internet Addict Boot Camp

Teh BeZ

As a manipulative child when I was younger, I know that it is also seriously easy to bypass these things without your parents knowledge and learn their passwords, ect.

well thats when you take the computer

I know there is always going to be that kid who can bypass everything, but at least the parents would have tried everything possible

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats when you take the computer

I know there is always going to be that kid who can bypass everything, but at least the parents would have tried everything possible

I love how you have such simplistic views on this.

It's not easy to just take the computer. Espcially when 98% of all homework assignments must be typed out via computer, and most homework research has to be done via internet. Yeah, there are libraries and such, but it's easier and much more time efficent at home.

Again, we don't know how this kid was. I know I've read some stories where kids go suicidal if they don't have their internet. They yell, and curse, and don't calm down.

We don't know what they tried and what they didn't.

The point is, I don't think it's a fail to try and get your child some help, discipline and physical fitness.

Thorne yes you are right we dont know and I didnt mean they were wrong for sending him to camp..But in the end they did fail as parents, he failed as a son, and the camp people failed at life

I think more kids in china will stop using the Internet after reading this. It might stop Internet addiction.

I doubt it, a bunch of people get addicted to lots of things and die some way or another and yet there are always addicts

BTW what are the kids in China looking at anyways, inst a lot of it blocked or censored?

How exactly do these camps work? They attempt to break your addiction by making you do army training-esque tasks... I don't see how that would help.

What would happen? You'd get in to your house, see the PC and suddenly waves of horrific memories of the camp would come back to you... all those times your fat ass had to bumble around the track. Your flabby arms had to help you climb that wall. Your obese body had to crawl through the wet mud, where you then became a chocolate Michelin Man.

You'd then dart from the room (Hopefully camp would have burnt off a few of those stones holding you down) faster than you could say "cream cake", never to return to the PC again... war flashes, only you've never been to war.

Hmmm... maybe it could work.

If he'd of been addicted to games instead of the internet, maybe he'd of lived. Not only because he wouldn't of been in the camp but he could of also entered *Down, X, Right, Left, Right, R1, Right, Down, Up, Triangle* and he'd of been granted infinite health.

Makes you mostly bulletproof, and fire, punches and melee attacks don't hurt you anymore. You can still be hurt by explosions, falling, getting run over, and drowning though.

Also, this news makes me sad, so I'm going to cheer myself up by not moving to China where I won't have to endure such a camp of brutality and awesome, awesome ninjas! What? Oh, wrong movie, sorry.

(Not all people who are addicted to the internet are fat... but most of them are... how do I know this? I am a supercomputer, bow before me and fear my wrath and... who wants cookies?)

What amazes me is the fact that the parents could send him away in the first place. I would of told em to f**k that idea and stopped using the internet so much.

If they could force him to attend a camp for his problem then why couldn't they force him to calm down on the internet.

I really do believe it's lazy parenting.

But at the end of the day the parents can't and shouldn't blame themselves for his death. Thats just the camps bad asses going to far.

Human beings didn't evolve so they can sit hours on end at a chair wasting away in front of a screen. ;)

The Human race has always been about giving us less things to do. Almost everything that has been invented has been, to make things faster and more convenient.

It's a sad thing to happen everyone is addicted to something, force is not the way to deal with it.

All I can say is "Chinas one crazy place"!

My friend, the world is a crazy place. Reality: Everyone interprets life differently. If we asked for a perfect world how do we unite our views under one common cause?

Back on topic: Speechless.

After arriving at the funeral directors to identify his son's body, he saw "blood all over his face" and "wounds on his wrists from where he had been restrained by handcuffs".

Um...What did the trainers do? Force him onto a bed against his will and f*** the living s*** out of him. It's obvious the heartless b******s were up to something. That's just cruel. Why would anyone do that? (Don't answer; rhetorical)

Anyone who works at a camp and has the job of being a nasty bastard to make everyone scared is as fucked up as the individual he is dealing with.

Plus my wife just said ' If you can't control your own and have to pass on your failures to others then you failed as a parent '

You must have good taste; you've married a very intelligent and observant woman. :p

There is a term used in medicine called 'LATROGENESIS' this means any kind of medical treatment or therapy which in fact has a negative effect due to ignorance or mistreatment on the behalf of the healthcare provider.

Unfortunately this is a huge issue in today's healthcare system, and is becoming increasingly more apparent as this news article illustrates. Like V Thorne said, it more often happens in nursing homes, but lately I've come across several reports of this kind of abuse happening in facilities claiming to cure 'internet addiction' - rather disturbing fare given how much we all use the net. I certainly wouldn't enjoy being taken into mandatory custody and admitted to one of these facilities at all, which is what happens in these instances.