So...What's your favorite weapon?

CyanideSpirit

Both of the Angel weapons seem painfully weak to me ): I love Osiris but I feel like I'm never actually doing any damage with it. I'd have to say Rebellion is my favorite weapon, followed by Arbiter.

My favorite fun is definitely Revenant. I HATE Kablooey. So very very much.

My favorite fun is definitely Revenant. I HATE Kablooey. So very very much.

Kablooey can be fairly limited in its uses, and certainly isn't the weapon of choice for situations such as air juggles, but there's a particular tactic that I personally love using: set up Kablooey shots on a particular enemy (the more shots, the bigger and more damaging the explosion), get your combo going (note that you can switch to different firearms and Kablooey shots stuck to enemies won't disappear, although you'll need to switch back to detonate them), and when things are starting to get a bit hairy, get out of dodge with a level 2 demon evade for the damage boost, drag everyone in with Aquila's Buy In, and...KABLOOEY!!!

You can also throw in an optional Round Trip before detonation to keep some order to the carnage the detonation creates if you wish (although it isn't foolproof). It appears that you can't detonate your shots during a Tornado, unfortunately, and I imagine held moves such as Osiris' Prop/Shredder are in the same boat. It seems to work in the middle of Rebellion's Trillion Stabs though.

Kablooey is also really good for giving you an additional safety net if you're not confident with your demon evades, as you can plant shots on a troublesome enemy and then detonate them when they get in your face and are winding up for an attack, generally hitting another enemy or two as a bonus. It's also really good for knocking Tyrants out of their more powerful charge moves by planting a few shots on their backs, and will do the same to Ravagers, setting you up for some free hits (and a chance to launch them for an air combo, when it comes to Ravagers).

Edited by ashuraMGS2Sub
Erroneously stated Kablooey works for knocking Butchers out of moves, when Kablooey doesn't work at all on them.

I'm really liking Revenant >.>. There's just something so cathartic about helm breaker or million stabs canceled into a shotgun blast to the face.

I tend to default with Revenant, Aquila, and Arbiter.

===

I liked one of the above posters suggestions with Kablooey/Aquila, I'll have to try that. So far, my favorite Kablooey combo is the one shown on the loading screen:

...High Time tap->ShotxxEvade Roll Forward+Detonate->High Time

That just looks hilarious to me. Most the time it's for pure trolling though. Harpy+2 Darts+Waiting for them to fly over a pit... that never gets old.

Rebellion is always my go to. Aquila for angel weapons, enyx for demon weapons and revenant for guns. Want to like ebony and ivory but thy just seem good for keeping your chain up, revenant actually makes a difference in a fight.