not feeling it....

ajennice

No, no, this is good. This is input.

But yeah you're probably experiencing burnout. Very few games aren't affected by it...

Otherwise, had you played the first game before this? From what I understand some people found repetition to be an issue in the first. Not me, personally, but it'd make sense the sequel makes some of the same "missteps".

This game is fckin awesome. They fixed most of the problems from the first one and its now more of an rpg as well, even with a dialog wheel. I played for like 14hrs yesterday. Couldnt put it down. I really dont know how anyone couldnt like this game. IMO its much better than sleeping dogs, but I do prefer this genre over the other. I promise you will not be disappointed by this game

I think I get upset with the physical movement speed. I feel as if your run speed shpould be walk and your running speed should be alot faster than it is. Some areas take a shiotload of time to walk/runn across and it's a pisser.

Aside from that, it's prolly a bit of burn out. I just crawled out of Street Dogs and right into this. Should of played Price is Right for a day or two....LOL

As for pumpkin, he's fumed we have it early. He got about neck deep in my backdoor on another thread ( and looked like and ass in front of alot of readers...wespecially with his 4th grade grammer). He even used the "bro"... was old about 3 million uses and 4 years ago. Maybe he needs to get his trolling ass out of Fire Island and get some new lines.

wespecially with his 4th grade grammer

And to criticise someone else about their spelling.

It's usually people who don't appreciate video games that can't enjoy something great. Not only that, but I take it you never played the first or you simply rushed through it for bragging rights of some sort.

Then again, when you are playing offline and claiming things that aren't true, that also contributes to losing interest. Been there, done that. =]

From what I have seen and observed in-store over the weekend, Darksiders II is a job well done. Because of it, a lot of people will go back and pick up Darksiders.

Edited by iBuzz7S

I think I get upset with the physical movement speed. I feel as if your run speed shpould be walk and your running speed should be alot faster than it is. Some areas take a shiotload of time to walk/runn across and it's a pisser.

Aside from that, it's prolly a bit of burn out. I just crawled out of Street Dogs and right into this. Should of played Price is Right for a day or two....LOL

As for pumpkin, he's fumed we have it early. He got about neck deep in my backdoor on another thread ( and looked like and ass in front of alot of readers...wespecially with his 4th grade grammer). He even used the "bro"... was old about 3 million uses and 4 years ago. Maybe he needs to get his trolling ass out of Fire Island and get some new lines.

No, I'm really not. I don't get "fumed" about anything. Especially anything I find on these message boards. I'll get it when I get it.

And please. Tell me what the fuck the point of this thread is? You played for 7 hours straight. Smart move. Burned out. Figures. Then felt the need to post all about it in a new thread? Claiming that you're "not feeling it"?

Just a suggestion. If you're not feeling it. Maybe you shouldn't waste 7 hours straight playing it. Then create a vague thread complaining about it.

Say what you want. But you seem to me like just the kind of troll that shows up to brag about having a game before street date. Then complain that it's not that great. You say one thing, then contradict it in the very next sentence.

Feel free to complain about my 4th grade grammar all you want. Sticks and stones. Bro.

I agree the OP is vague but I do not see an issue with this thread... He's simply pointing out that the game is repetitive..

I've never played darksiders, but i have read that it was repetitive too, so i stayed away! The graphics were mediocre and the few youtube videos i watched showed the repetitiveness.

after about 7 hours of doing the same "quest/mission" i could see how you could be bored, but skyrim is the same way! Exploring is what makes RPG's fun, trying to find the best weapons and armor; so, i have to say Darksiders 2 looks like a good way to break-up this dry summer of gaming.

they did a great job fixing up most of the problems from the first, most notably the jumping off of ledges. I dont think the game is too repetitive, especially since they made it into an rpg style game where you have main quest and side quests, and the loot system is awesome. They even added in a dialog wheel and a place where you can trade equipment with other players online. And the game is really big on making you revisit areas and dungeons once you have certain equipment so you can unlock and explore more of the dungeon since the last time you where there to find new bosses and get more treasure.

Negatives are that sometimes when your navigating walls, the movement is not really accurate. For some reason it feels like the controls invert themselves based on the camera angle and you end up not going where you want to go. Doesnt happen too often though. And I feel normal is waaay to easy. Wish I started on the hardest one

Edited by FLIPADELPHIIA

they did a great job fixing up most of the problems from the first, most notably the jumping off of ledges. I dont think the game is too repetitive, especially since they made it into an rpg style game where you have main quest and side quests, and the loot system is awesome. They even added in a dialog wheel and a place where you can trade equipment with other players online. And the game is really big on making you revisit areas and dungeons once you have certain equipment so you can unlock and explore more of the dungeon since the last time you where there to find new bosses and get more treasure.

Negatives are that sometimes when your navigating walls, the movement is not really accurate. For some reason it feels like the controls invert themselves based on the camera angle and you end up not going where you want to go. Doesnt happen too often though. And I feel normal is waaay to easy. Wish I started on the hardest one

How exactly does the item trading / gifting work in the game? That's pretty much all i need to know currently.

From what I've heard, that list is restricted to collector's edition items and preorder incentives. For obvious reasons. I've also heard that you can't feed these items into possessed weapons, either. Well... the few that aren't already possessed.

Nope you cant even drop or sell them. They will always remain in your inventory

some ppl are hard to please but if u look at pretty much any game its repetative, at the moment im playing dark souls been at it for 30 hrs and it as repetative as hell but im loving it, if u buy a shooter u shoot a lot of repetative shit if u buy a hack and slash guess wot??. Me i 1000 pointed DS1 and hope to 1000 point DS2 and DS1 is my best experience on the 360 to date and ive played over 300 games most of em to completion. So for me im really hyped by DS2 and a thread like this doesnt bother me were all different and moan a lot about stupid shit like this.

Nope you cant even drop or sell them. They will always remain in your inventory

A smart move. I can imagine the rage of idiot gamers everywhere, after realizing they've permanently lost said items because they decided to be stupid and sell them, otherwise. And really, with no cap on inventory size. It's not like it matters.

Though I think I heard it mentioned through a link on their facebook page that they were thinking of changing this down the line. I can't remember exactly. But they mentioned how much of a drag it is to only have certain weapons be useful to certain levels. So they were looking into ways to extend the usefulness of certain exclusive items. Which again, would be nice. Because in certain cases, it is a drag to have some of the best looking loot only be useful to level XX.

With plenty of DLC headed our way, I'm sure anything is possible. But honestly, as long as the loot in the Collector's edition has some longevity, I could care less about the rest. And even then, all bets are off when I get the abyssal armor.

some ppl are hard to please but if u look at pretty much any game its repetative, at the moment im playing dark souls been at it for 30 hrs and it as repetative as hell but im loving it, if u buy a shooter u shoot a lot of repetative shit if u buy a hack and slash guess wot??. Me i 1000 pointed DS1 and hope to 1000 point DS2 and DS1 is my best experience on the 360 to date and ive played over 300 games most of em to completion. So for me im really hyped by DS2 and a thread like this doesnt bother me were all different and moan a lot about stupid shit like this.

Yep. Opinions are assholes. Some are shitty.

To each his own. Everyone likes their own genres for reasons other might not.

But when you start a thread just for the sake of complaining about a game being too repetitive, but don't explain why. Well, you can see just why a thread like this is useless. Luckily, other more intelligent board members have elaborated the points that are worth elaborating.

And really, creating a thread to complain about a game that's garnering some ridiculous praise for improving on virtually every single fault gamers had with the original. Makes it pretty obvious that the OP didn't bother playing the original.

theres no carryweight but you can only hold a certain amount of items before you cant pick anymore of that type of item up anymore...I had most of the dlc weapons and armor as well and the weapons didnt last very long at all, and some of the armor had a level req on it. on my main im using possessed twin sythes and already doing 3k worth of damage with 100% critical chance, plus lots of other buffs, and my secondary is possessed claws that swing fast and do about 300 damage which is crazy on a fast weapon. Best thing to do for armor and weapons is collect as many vulgrim coins as you can and then buy one of the lottery packs he has, which pretty much gives you a random weapon, armor, or talisman every time you buy it. Theres 3 different types you can choose from, each for the rarity class of all items: green, blue, and purple (elite). So i you choose the elite lottery pack, you will get a random item that will be elite; choose green pack, you will get a random common weapon, ect. Even in the common pack, some of the stats where really good, and was always different. I just saved up a bunch of vulgrim coins and money and bough a lot of elite lottery and if I didnt get anything good id reload. thats how I got any possessed weapon. And then I would just feed all the rest of my items that I didnt need to that possessed weapon and max it out

Edited by FLIPADELPHIIA

theres no carryweight but you can only hold a certain amount of items before you cant pick anymore of that type of item up anymore...I had most of the dlc weapons and armor as well and the weapons didnt last very long at all, and some of the armor had a level req on it. on my main im using possessed twin sythes and already doing 3k worth of damage with 100% critical chance, plus lots of other buffs, and my secondary is possessed claws that swing fast and do about 300 damage which is crazy on a fast weapon. Best thing to do for armor and weapons is collect as many vulgrim coins as you can and then buy one of the lottery packs he has, which pretty much gives you a random weapon, armor, or talisman every time you buy it. Theres 3 different types you can choose from, each for the rarity class of all items: green, blue, and purple (elite). So i you choose the elite lottery pack, you will get a random item that will be elite; choose green pack, you will get a random common weapon, ect. Even in the common pack, some of the stats where really good, and was always different. I just saved up a bunch of vulgrim coins and money and bough a lot of elite lottery and if I didnt get anything good id reload. thats how I got any possessed weapon. And then I would just feed all the rest of my items that I didnt need to that possessed weapon and max it out

Thanks for the information Flip. That's a really useful tip. I make sure to remember this for next week. About the Collector's Edition and Pre-Order weapons, can you feed them to possessed weapons? I know you said they stay in your inventory and can't be sold. So I assume you can't use them to power up your possessed weapons either. I just thought I'd ask.

It's great to know that they are going to have a save anywhere system in the game. And let you reload saves. That's a very welcome addition. Do you happen to know how many save slots you can have? And if you create multiple characters do they each get their own set of save slots? Or is it all in one list? Thanks for answering any of those questions if you know the answers. I appreciate it. :)

That's a good tip. Reload your save if you get trash from the tickets lol. There are a total of 100 Vulgrim Coins you can get (per game of course). So this will come in handy :3.

no you cant feed any dlc weapons to possessed weapons...as with the saves, when you save, it always rewrites your old save. You dont ever choose a save slot when manually saving in the game. When you start a new game, you can choose a different save slot that one time, but once you save in game its an automatic overwrite save. The games autosave however does not over write your main save.

Edited by FLIPADELPHIIA

no you cant feed any dlc weapons to possessed weapons...as with the saves, when you save, it always rewrites your old save. You dont ever choose a save slot when manually saving in the game. When you start a new game, you can choose a different save slot that one time, but once you save in game its an automatic overwrite save. The games autosave however does not over write your main save.

Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad the game doesn't overwrite your manual save with an auto-save. That drove me nuts in Dragon's Dogma. :p

I also forgot to mention the addition of fast traveling in the game. You can fast travel to any place youve visited, and whats even cooler is that if your in a dungeon and you want to fast travel out of there and go get some supplies like health or whatever, you can do that and the game creates a fast travel point on the map from the exact location of where you fast traveled out of the dungeon. So you can fast travel out the dungeon, re up supplies, and then fast travel right back to that exact spot. This only works if your in a dungeon however. If your outside in the world, you can fast travel but there wont be a marker where you fast traveled from, which is not even a big deal

glad to see you enjoying it Flip. Looks like I'll be putting dark souls to the side next week with both Darksiders and Sleeping Dogs launching :) That and Guild Wars 2 in a couple weeks, going to be busy gaming. Hope I can get a good chunk done before Borderlands 2 lol.