addicting

Anyone else find this game completely addicting. I should have figured as much since I played the hell out of it on PC before switching to mac. Maybe I expected different because of it being on a console? I dunno, just wondering who else cannot really put this game down.

It was addicting as hell for me while I was working for the achievements. Now that I'm finished with all the achievements...I'm waiting on a couple of my buddies to finish up and we're going to try some multiplayer.

Yup. Definitely like a good book, once I get going it realy is tough to turn it off before the match is done. It is an especially frustrating game when working on ach. so I also recommend playing for "fun". The end game is kind of a buzz kill on account of the rediculous amount of time you have to spend microing units. All in all one of the best blind faith game purchases I've made in a long time.

I've had at least one Civ game installed on my computer at all times for well over 15 years now, I was definitely aware how addictive this game can be. I like this new one because it's a lot more "pick up and play"-able.

Five minute turns are nothing compared to games in the PC versions set to the largest map size that contained hundreds of cities.

I got all my achievements (except one city and 1000AD) just playing on Single -> Normal -> King-Deity. I got 1000 points on the 17th and this is still the game I'm playing all the time. Been a long time since I didn't ding that last achievement and the game was out of the 360 under 5 minutes later.

Edit: The only thing I really don't like about this version of Civ is how simple and idiotic the AI is. All 4 AI's pretty much gang up on you, and they'll go to war at the drop of a hat after demanding the most ridiculous things from you even if there's no hope they can win. They rely on eachother to overpower you and that just isn't right. I've played probably about 40 games through now, and I've seen the computer go to war with another computer MAYBE five times, and always only for a short period. (Probably to snipe an unguarded settler or w/e)

Edited by G315T

Yeah, I'm not a really big fan of the four on one myself. It would be entirely more realistic and not to mention enjoyable if the PC got at each more frequently leaving you to pick aside or remain neutral. I would also like to see more advanced diplomatic options like being able to build favor with another civ via donations and such.

It was addicting as hell for me while I was working for the achievements. Now that I'm finished with all the achievements...I'm waiting on a couple of my buddies to finish up and we're going to try some multiplayer.

I loved the single player and got all the 1000/1000. But im not a big fan of multiplayer in this game. Ive played 3-4 games and i think im done with it