Epic Quest

fastman309

from Zen's forums:

"Epic Quest info will come this week, just as soon as we confirm our Feb release date with Microsoft. Thanks for your patience. Happy to see all the excitement for the table"

and a side note, hulk was teased a little, but not real info about the table, from Zen's twitter:

"Spending most of today writing about what’s next for Marvel Pinball. The words green and smash are being spoken over and over"

I am really liking this table. Up to level 5 or 6 or so, got all epic equipment save for a weapon.

The RPG elements are fun, but not game changing. As far as I can tell, your stats go up and the monsters get more difficult as you go up in level, so those balance out. And the loot makes you harder to kill and better in a fight. But as you play game to game it doesn't really feel too different.

This is fine, and I really like the table. Just my initial thoughts. Still haven't gotten more than 3 monsters dead at a time, and I can't figure out how to get extra balls other than in the princess multiball.

What do you guys think?

Finally just "beat" the table. Ended around 180 million. As far as advice goes, not too sure what to say. It's not too difficult a main game mode I didn't think.

I focused on hitting the cave first, as it was harder for me than the forest or mill shots. You can hit it with a captured ball in the left flipper with some practice.

By the time I'd killed everything in the cave, I'd also pretty much completed the mill and forest.

You can get monster trophies from traveling AND you can get the vampire and skeleton trophies if you kill enough bats and skeletons on their respective modes.

As far as monsters go... I never drank a health potion during a fight once. Maybe I just have decent gear, but there's 4 shots that'll give you more time before you get hit (forest ramp, shield ramp, both orbits), so getting killed was never a problem. Just get good and the shield-sword-shield-sword... combo and you'll take down monsters no problem. I also completely ignored elemental resistances, and I never really bothered to cast spells during combat; I saved them for the BATS and for the final boss.

The final boss is just another combat. I beat him using 1 spell and mostly the SMASH target, with a few counter strikes tossed in.

So far I've gotten an extra ball from the princess multiball, and lit extra ball after killing something like 30 bats in one mode. Not sure what else gets you extra balls yet, but I assume killing enough skeletons in the SWARM mode might do it. You also get a reward if you run the ball through the forest or mill AFTER you've killed all the monsters there. So far I've gotten xp, loot, and 100k points, in that order. Not sure what comes after that, but maybe an extra ball in there somewhere?

It's a fun table. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...