This game worth getting?

judd90

I ended up dishing out for the game, though I will admit I haven't opened it yet. Mostly because I have so many, already opened, games I'm currently working on to finish up for achievements before I dig into another. :locked

From what I've read of the reviews it is a really hard/frustrating RPG. None the less I have loved the gameplay videos I've seen of it so far (thus my purchase)

I was thinking about getting this but i have never heard much about it so i figured its just a crap game.

Am i wrong?

"Crap Game"? No. It's just not a Triple-A, Major Franchise, Multi-Million Dollar Advertised game. It's not a game for everyone, even fans of JRPG's. The blunt reality of this game is:

Story IS lame/crap. No arguing that.

Challenge is high. Especially starting out.

Customization is deep, no "set way" to build your characters.

Combat is very unique, interactive, awesomely fun!

This is a game more suited for true fans of JRPG's, who like more than the average "level up til I can kill 'em all" strategy. This game will push you at times, but when you get thru it, it all is so worth it. If the game had a great story (as any RPG should), it would be a AAA title for sure.

Hoping for a sequel!

When you say JRPG you mean Japanese yeah?

I got it anyway because it was cheap, ill play around with it when i finish with the few i'm playing now. I watched a few video's and read some reviews, it doesn't seem too bad. It just depends on who's rating it by the looks of things because theres different ratings getting thrown around.

it's a really great game once you know what to do ;-)

the fights are hard, especially in the beginning, and you have to learn everything by yourself, there is no real tutorial, just the arena.

so, it's best to head to the arena right in the beginning to learn how to fight.

story is totally crap, no one seems to get it.

but i liked the characters. and the absolutely unique battle system makes it a great game imho.

• 3 months later...

I received this game for the holidays, and have been playing it faithfully since. True - there are parts that you pull your hair out and the battle system is so different that I wouldn't recommend this to anyone new to JRPG's.

As far as the story - It's a bit sparse, but I still thought it was good.

This game was released at about the same time as Final Fantasy XIII, so it didn't get the media coverage it deserved. I think that's why this became a "lost gem".

Great game, and I would recommend you pick it up.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I thought it was going to be so-so but it actually turned out to be a pretty fun game. Battle system takes some time to get completly used to but I would say it is worth the money.

Figuring out the battle system is indeed a pain in the ass when you just got started, but yeah after a while it's a pretty cool game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got this game (PS3 edition) last week for 12 euros (new copy, shipping included). I was browsing around and saw the price and just couldn't resist.

I'm in chapter 4 now and while the game is enjoyable, there's no story at all. Not even a hint of one, my guys are just doing their thing. There's funny dialogue in there and a combat system that's already putting me to the test, so it's a good purchase anyway. So far I don't find it a triple A title and not worthy of $60, nor is it "RPG is redefined" as the game's poor grammar on the back suggests, but it's a solid RPG anyway.

Basically this is like every other current-gen Tri-Ace game out there: Solid but flawed in enough levels to make it annoying to play sometimes.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...