Heart of Gold achievement guide

Nightmare792

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still cant find it...im so confused am i supposed to stand on the door side near Abe or on the other side of the steps? and what chapter did u do it on?

No, stand on the top step facing the door to Abe Hunter, then look to your right and there is a window there that you need to use Creeping Dark to get to (window is next to a A/C). In there you will find a guy in a chair with headphones on, kill him, devour his heart and your done. Also there is a construction outfit there too.

For the Heart of Gold achievement, you'll need to (for the most part) help people out in the subway. At different parts/chapters (if chapters is more appropriate than parts, someone correct me), you will get different side quests.

100% complete. Minus pics (till later)

Part 1

George Handel - The harmonica player on the stairs to Chinatown, in Canal Street. Basically, some guy called Compton Scarr doesn't like his music. Accept, tell him you'll sort it and go back down the stairs where Scarr should be. Simple enough, tell him to let George play. Go back up and you'll get a collectible from George.

Ingrid Pulankski - Ageing woman at Fulton, on the side that the train comes in on. She will want you to find her bracelet for her. I think its the exact same place in each game, but it can take some finding. Jump onto the tracks (be careful you don't get hit, it may take a few examinations to find) and run around near to the platform's edge till you see the message at the bottom telling you to pick it up. Go back to her for another collectible.

Charlane Warburton - woman who, oddly, wants to see you pick up four coins from the tracks. She is at Canal Street on the side that there is apparently no incoming trains. However, this may take a few attempts. If you don't get all four on your first try, go back to her and do it again. You have to get them all in one go. I found it helpful to just bash away at "A" just before she threw them, and then run onto the tracks as shes throwing them. I managed to usually catch one or two before they hit the rails. Go back to her and you will get another collectible.

Part 2

After you get chucked off the train, walk to the end of the platform (to the end that the train enters from, someone tell me if its not the platform you get chucked off onto) Dana Cutrone wants you to get her key back to her appartment from her boyfriend. Go to Chinatown, go straight down the street, down the alley in front of you and turn right. Fumble around inside that building and you'll find Dana's crib.

Jimmy the Grape will be kind of amazed that you're alive. Speak to him again and he will want you to whack a potential grass. Go to Grinder's and turn left twice. Inside you'll know where to go; the door with the goons outside. Taken them out how you will, a further two more inside and the snivelling wreck will be inside. You know what to do. Return the list to the Grape to net another collectable.

Back in Fulton, you should see Vinny Mortarello. He wants you to take out a few people.

- First up is a guy hanging around your Aunt Sarah's in Eastside. Go there and its behind (and to the right of) the exit of the subway. He will be by a lamppost at the end of the street, go take care of him. As you go back to the subway, a car will come down the street.

- Go back to Mortarello, who will tell you your next hit is a guy at Grinder's. He's got a few cops with TMPs around him, but I found that impaling him with the demon arm and dragging him off worked well, if you do it quickly.

- Back to Vinny, who will tell you the third one is back near your Aunt Sarah's. Go back there and go to behind and to the left of where you exit the subway. You can't miss it - its the car making noise. Silence the gang and go back to Mortarello.

- Fourth is in Chinatown. Exit the subway, go forward and left down an alleyway (between Orchid and Plum). Kill that scummy dealer and return to Vinny.

- Now this final one has seemed to be problematic to some people. You have to kill some guy that is watching Eddie over at Gun Hill. Some say they have killed Eddie and they can't access this guy therefore. I am not sure if this is true or not, some have said its not. Either way, hes not in the same building. Just before you go under and into the building that you need to enter to take the elevator, look to your right and there should be an open window a small way up. Use your creeping arm to enter and mutilate the guy. Return to Vinny for another collectible.

Go back to Handel and it will turn out that Scarr jacked his harmonica. Scarr is over in Lower Eastside with two other guys, as if you were going to Whitefish (the long way round). Don't worry, he won't talk.. just attack on sight. So get the hits in first and take Handel's Harmonica back to him. Before you do this though, you may wish to speak to..

Terence Willis. He will be sitting on a box at the train's entrance end of the platform at Canal Street. He wants you to wipe out some people over at Whitefish. You know what to do... come back and his reward is to help you with..

Lucas Hellinger (round the corner). You cant win the game without Terence's help. Talk to Terence who will then tell you to distract him and chalk a cup. Select "Distract" when you talk to Lucas and then simply choose the marked cup when he asks you where the ball is under. Simple.

Over at Fulton, a guy called Mitch Duval is hanging out by the locked gate at the end of the platform, train-side. Just go through the tunnels after talking to him, as if you were going to the Turkish baths to snatch the case. His brother can't be talked to, hes lost it. Beware of the traps on the way and kill him (Use creeping dark to destroy the power going into the water, demon arm to disarm all the chain-traps along the way, the arm again to pull a box over the grate by the door with chains in front of it and creeping arm again to open the locked door from the grate overhead.) Smash the padlocks to either side of the center door by Deval and use one of the crates to hop up on top (use the arm to get it in place). Then just use the black hole to open the blocking exit. On your way back, talk to his brother who gives you another collectible.

Back in the WWI village, on your way back to the trenches, you will go back down a ladder and out of some short sewer system. This is nowhere obscure but its easy to miss the guy since theres a lot of tommies that look the same. Anyway this one is Charlie Hazelgrove, who wants you to give a message to Rose over in Fulton Street station. You can't finish this till after you're back, but this is the last time you'll be in the village so do it now.

Part 3

Find Rose for another collectible over in Fulton Street station (should be around the area Vinny is/was in). For the whole game she remains asleep there until you wake her.

Little Petey is also in Fulton Street. Go find him around and deliver a letter to Mickey Famiano (by a vending machine in a dark red hat) over at Canal Street. Receipt of the letter gives you another collectible.

Go back to Canal Street and up the stairs towards Trinity Church. Enzo wants you to switch cases with Frankie "Noses" Tieri on the platform by an information booth. Take the case, go find Noses, switch them and go back for your collectible.

Alfred Blackmoore is near the exit to Chinatown. Turns out that Dana is wanted out of her house - seems a bit harsh since you just helped her back in. Anyway, kick her out and go back for your collectible.

Finally, go back to Trinity Cemetary and talk to the hobo, Frank Rottenberg, there. He got kicked out after the cops went in. Just get your creeper arm and go inside the toilets. The insulin is on the table by his bed. There you have it! 100%!

Any questions? Ask!

Ill add pictures later.

- Fourth is in Chinatown (If I remember correctly). Exit the subway, go forward and left down an alleyway (again, this one is hazy, can someone reconfirm?). Kill that scummy dealer and return to Vinny.

Just to clarify it IS Chinatown, it IS first left and then follow the alleyway around. Orchid and Plum alleyway if you want to be really accurate :D

Alfred Blackmoore is near the exit to Chinatown. Turns out that Dana is wanted out of her house - seems a bit harsh since you just helped her back in. Anyway, kick her out and go back for your collectible.

I can't find this guy and he's the last one I need for the 'Heart of Gold' achievement. "Near the exit"... in the subway station our outside? Where is this guy? Maybe I've killed him accidentaly during the game? :p

Finally, go back to Trinity Cemetary and talk to the hobo, Frank Rottenberg, there. He got kicked out after the cops went in. Just get your creeper arm and go inside the toilets. The insulin is on the table by his bed. There you have it! 100%!

I cannot find this guy i looked all over i think i might have gone too far in this chapter and i can't go inside the cemetary will i have to finish the game and go back?

Don't worry. Just finish your game and then reload the chapter 4 or 5 checkpoint (I forget which is the one after the second underworld).

if he killed the guy in chapter 1 then that won't help because the chapter 4 or 5 checkpoints will still have him dead. no way around that, he'll have to play from chapter one on again