Brutal Legend 2?

THE D ZASTA

I seem to be in the minority when I say that I really enjoyed this game and would like to see another. That being said I haven't heard much talks one way or the other on whether there will be a second one, anyone have any news?

They aren't doing another one.

EA pulled funding for Brutal Legend 2 which has led Double Fine to their new Arcade games. Double Fine have 5 total Arcade Games planned (Costume Quest, Stacking, Trenched and 2 currently unannounced games) after which (depending on profits) Brutal Legend 2 will reviewed again and, if support/funding is given, they will commence work on the project.

Tim and all of Double Fine want a sequel, as do I, and you THE D ZASTA. I always welcome more BL fans and I try to get as many sales for it as I can. The game is epic and awesome and the Demo was crap in terms of gameplay (plenty of character though). Brutal Legend was a victim of EA misleading customers with their advertising. After the C&C games received a poor console reception (I own all of the C&C games on the 360) EA conceded to the notion that "RTS games and consoles don't work together". Evidently this is bullshit which is only believed more out of superstition and the new breed of unintelligent FPS, CoD "core" gamers that know shit all about anything. Fearful of the reception of another RTS game, EA advertised it as a hack 'n slash game and the Demo only reflects that (intentionally so).

I was disappointed at the Demo and held off getting it until a few months ago because it was cheap (and METAALLL). I was astounded by the RTS elements and the whole game was awe-inspiring. It is officially the most-underrated game of all time and coming from me I hope that means something (gaming for 20+ years). A sequel WILL happen, though probably after the apocalypse in 2012 which will make things a bit more metal by my reckoning.

What these kids don't realise is that both metal and electronic music are core elements of gaming society, history and culture. Gaming wasn't always so popular and it was the social outcasts and misfits that made the industry what it is today. The mass-marketed bullshit like CoD is all business and no soul, but every once in a while, one game shows up that's a cultural "beacon of light" and Brutal Legend is one of those.

Fuck that termite who thinks there's not going to be a sequel, and if I get modded for this, fuck that too. I will die for metal, and so will any brother or sister to the cause.

THE D ZASTA, metal will never die. As Ozzy would say "Go fackin' nats!". ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
There's a facebook page for people that want a sequel called "We Want Brutal Legend 2". Is there any other thing I can do to show support? I really like this game and I would buy Brutal Legend 2 if they made it

The methods of support I've used (as an example): Outside of being vocal online and showing support that way (I do that as much as I can, within reason), I've picked up the DLC on live. The dlc gives some money back to DF, but also sends the message to EA that we want a sequel.

I've also spent money on BL stuff from Double Fine's site directly - the Pack of Brutality that's currently on sale is bloody awesome!

As the prices for the game continually get lower, I've also picked up an extra 5 or 6 copies and given them to friends / family that haven't tried it yet, but I'm running out of people I know who don't have the game already!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really liked the game, but I wouldn't want a Brutal Legends 2. I'd like for them to make a game that's like Brutal Legend, a spiritual successor, but any attempt to continue the story would feel awkward. Brutal Legend didn't have the best story, but it felt complete and a continuation would just be a hollow attempt to milk the series.

But if they had, say, Harsh Myth starring Freddie Griggs, I'd totally be up for that.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Good action game, RTS part of the game ruined the fun of it.

I wish they had taken a different approach with this game.

I disagree. The Stage Battles where weird at first, but once you learned the ins and outs it became pretty fun . The RTS aspect of this game is one of a kind.

Why is it all the really good games don't get sequels, but the crappy ones get millions of sequels?

Ain't that the truth.

I really liked the game, but I wouldn't want a Brutal Legends 2. I'd like for them to make a game that's like Brutal Legend, a spiritual successor, but any attempt to continue the story would feel awkward. Brutal Legend didn't have the best story, but it felt complete and a continuation would just be a hollow attempt to milk the series.

But if they had, say, Harsh Myth starring Freddie Griggs, I'd totally be up for that.

For the most part, I agree. The story from the first game completed itself and I don't see how they could make a sequel without stretching the story line. And anyway I would like another game as Awesome and Metal as this one, I don't see how they could do it without making a cookie cutter version of the first.