Playing Scrabble in UK problems

ponypo2001

Like others I'm sure,I hopped onto my US account today and downloaded the trial of Scrabble.It seems however,that even after downloading the USA version of Game Night,Scrabble does not appear on the games there.Have EA region locked Scrabble or am I just being thick.I've tried everything now but it will not show,not even on my USA account.

people who cant play scrabble cant get the achievements. that is correct. The problem is that xbox live will not let a game have a different set of achievements based on the regions. other games have similar issues but they solve it by having two different titles, one EUR and one USA or something. This of course means that people with USA cannot play people with a EUR. Therefore segregating the online community. so the choice the developers have is either people have a gap on thier achievement list, or people cant play thier friends abroad. the latter being the worst case i think.

Edited by XopsX

At the moment it is looking like you'll need an NTSC console to do it.I have one arriving on Friday but this really is not fair.I,and I'm sure others,really thought that having access to a US account would be all that was necessary.Looks like EA just want to wave their wand of power again by region branding.Not letting Euro players play with other countries and vice versa is their little power game.Remember Mercs 2? I so wish I didn't love the ol's GS cause I'd boycott EA in a flash.

Looks like EA just want to wave their wand of power again by region branding.Not letting Euro players play with other countries and vice versa is their little power game.Remember Mercs 2? I so wish I didn't love the ol's GS cause I'd boycott EA in a flash.

This time it isnt EA, its a mixture of the limitations of the xbox live system and hasbro only owning the rights to the games in some territories. EA made the deal with hasbro to make the games, and hasbro dont own the rights for scrabble world wide, only North America.

Thought I'd post just to confirm that the game only checks that it is running on an NTSC-U console. It doesn't check where your account is registered (you just need a US account to buy it in the first place).

It does suck however that you can log onto your US account on a PAL console and purchase it, only to find out that it doesn't appear ingame. If you don't have an NTSC-U console, dont waste 800 points trying!

english means in this case probably the language, not the country because i have ever heard about somebody living in english, only in england! <- SEE THE DIFFERENCE F-O-O-L-S

so united states means language aswell.

united states= american-english

english=english that people in UK speak

Actually I wanted to download Scrabble aswell from the US and A. What I think is, that you have to download the free version of Family Game Night (Base Version under Arcade Games) in USA region, so that Scrabble appears in the menu.

Well I don't like it, that for the EUs there are still 1400GS to get, but we will never be able to complete this collection. That sucks.

Well, hope they come out on disc.... (cheaper)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow I really have to get an NTSC Console to 100% this game. I am glad that I didnt download the full game on my US account as dont want to waste 800msp. Doesnt this break some kind of Achievement rules as only people with US Consoles can achieve all points but will still have to have those 200 unachieveable points on our gamercards!!

There are other ways around it if u just want the full 1,400 gs. i have a very trusted friend in the u.s that i have gamed with for like 3 years!!

i just asked him if he would get those achievements for me. We traded accounts for the day and he got me a few cheevos and we will probly do it again sometime in the future.

if you have a reliable friend in the u.s get them to do it for you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, interesting what people are saying here. How are you all buying this in the UK with US accounts anyway. I can understand free content like Aegis Wing and Yaris, but when I tried to get Buku Numeros with a Mexican account I either needed a Mexican credit card or a Mexican points card? So are you using US point cards to do this? Thanks and if anyone knows where to get Mexican point cards too, please tell me :)

• 4 weeks later...
This is just bullshit. EA should at least try and negotiate with Hasbro to release it in the UK, even if they take a share of the profits. FFS! Is there a reason why Sorry Sliders isnt out in the UK either?

Hasbro doesn't own the rights to Scrabble in the UK, Mattel does, and even if they were to release Scrabble in the UK, it then wouldn't be a part of Hasbro's Family Game Night.

Also, Sorry Sliders isn't out anywhere yet.