Anyone need help with rail catch? I CAN HELP!

Ok SO pay attention :)

1) Edit all of the Houston Astros players, so that they are lefty. To save time, just edit their starting line up. Also edit Roy Oswalt, because he is the starter for them.

2) Next, edit all of the Astros so that their hitting stats are maxed out.

3) Go to the Cardinal's roster, and edit Adam Wainwrights pitching. All you have to do is add a 2 seam fastball to his rotation of pitches. Then go edit the pitch, making the speed bar 3/4 full, the control bar all the way full, and the movement 3/4 full.

4) Go to the exhibition gamefrom the menu. Be home team (Cardinals). Start Adam Wainwright. Play the Astros, AT FENWAY. Make sure there is no wind.

5) Turn on the cheat for both teams always hit pop flys, no errors, and super turbo. If you havent bought/unlocked these, then any cheat site will have them.

6) For every batter, pitch a 2 seam inside and a little high. If they keep it in the park, let them get on base.

7) If you rob a homerun in right field, you will get the achievement.

8) DO NOT hold down the pitch all the way, just save his stamina.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I found out that the advertisement board behind home plate says Kush Games. If you pitch the ball in between the k and the u thats perfect. If any one can confirm that this is just not in my game and its always there then i think this tip will help a lot also. Thanks itsmatt338 for this guide.

Edited by prophel91

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This post really gave me some hope but I can't get it to work for the life of me. I've spent the past two hours, pitching Wainwright until he gets injured or completely inaccurate, and then restarting. Haven't had a single ball go anywhere near a wall in foul territory. =[

• 2 months later...

THIS METHOD WORKS.

I've got a funny story about getting it though. I started adjusting the rosters and such at about 11 pm. At about 11:25 pm, I passed out. I woke up about 5 minutes ago and was like, "Man, I should try to know this achievement out and then go to sleep." So, two pitches later, ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! lol.

Note: I had to be at work at 7 this morning and didn't get to bed til late.

• 4 weeks later...

1) Edit all of the Houston Astros players, so that they are lefty. To save time, just edit their starting line up. Also edit Roy Oswalt, because he is the starter for them.

3) Go to the Cardinal's roster, and edit Adam Wainwrights pitching. All you have to do is add a 2 seam fastball to his rotation of pitches. Then go edit the pitch, making the speed bar 3/4 full, the control bar all the way full, and the movement 3/4 full.

4) Go to the exhibition gamefrom the menu. Be home team (Cardinals). Start Adam Wainwright. Play the Astros, AT FENWAY. Make sure there is no wind.

5) Turn on the cheat for both teams always hit pop flys, no errors, and super turbo. If you havent bought/unlocked these, then any cheat site will have them.

6) For every batter, pitch a 2 seam inside and a little high. If they keep it in the park, let them get on base.

This was what I did, though about halfway through the 2nd inning I had to sub Chris Carpenter in for Wainwright. About another 15 batters later I got it.

It was my 2nd time doing the rail lean, the first time it didn't unlock because I was a victim of the "there is no storage device installed" error and as such achievements were disabled. I then deleted my profile and roster, re-did the above editing, and used the cheat code "Black Sox" to get the required cheats. Then chugged away at it. I spent probably 1.5-2 hours last night, and then about an hour or so this morning before I finally got another shot at a rail lean.

And since this seems to be asked or not: no, it's not a foul territory fly ball, it's rather one that's fair and in both cases when I did it it was going out just to the right of the bullpen in right field at Fenway. And no, I didn't touch the right stick at all, just coasted in towards the blue catch circle (which was half in and half out) and the guy leaned over the wall to make the catch.

• 6 months later...

Holy crap. I finally got this little bastard.

Here's my custom settings after tweaking the sliders.

AI Batting:

contact 100

power 70

cheats:

batter up

no points

super turbo

edit astros:

all lefty

edit wainright:

add the 2 seam fb

game settings (then press lb):

pitcher fatigue off

the pitch:

2 seam fb, half power

definitely pitch to the < part of the K

the last thing i tried was pitch location. got it on the 2nd pitch.

• 3 months later...

This worked like a charm... after 30+ pitches, the batters start swatting away towards the right field area.

Also like prophel91 stated, the pitching sweetspot is between the K and U of the "kush games" billboard.

Alright I finally got it! I was having a hard time for a while so I put the sliders over like SithFloor posted....

AI Batting:

contact 100

power 70

Another thing that I did was put my RF speed all the way up and changed the outfield rotation to DEEP RIGHT.

Something to try if you are having a problem.

Thanks again mrbonelly hit me up if you need some help with something sometime! I will be getting 2k10 soon, I haven't even looked at the achievements but if their is anything online I will help ya out!

Never thought I would get this 1000!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tried this strategy for a good two hours now and nothing to show for it. I did rob several homers over the right field wall, but no achievement. :(

Also, the Astros only hit maybe two or three foul balls the entire time, none of which were catchable. I am following this guide to the T, but can't see to get it to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

got this 3 batters in following this method... after 5-6 hours of trying. my failure, however, wasnt because this method wasnt working, it was because i didnt know how to do a proper wall grab. the instuctional icon would pop up, i would push forward on the right stick and my guy would dive. it sucked. but i finally figured out that if you let up off left stick as you push forward on right, the computer takes over and performs the catch.

i discovered this at Yankee Stadium, then applied it to this method and 3 batters later, i was done.

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to say thank you.I've been trying to get this achievement for three years.Your method worked perfect.I also want to say it doesn't have to be a foul ball I caught it over the right field wall.

Edited by soflyinMS

• 1 year later...