Achievement Discussion

Someone was telling me that to get the online battle and kill achievements sooner, you need to remember to save your game data before you turn off Ace Combat, does anyone know if this is true?

im pretty sure it auto saves after each battle

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im guessing to unlock ace of aces you need all medals

i need 3 more

i need these ones

-use only a attacker(wich i did but for some reson i didn't get it i used the f-117a stealth looking bomber i thinking maybe because i used the 3rd color

- use only the gun to complete campaign

-not getting hit in campain

so im working on the gun one with an attacker to knock out 2

im guessing to unlock ace of aces you need all medals

i need 3 more

i need these ones

-use only a attacker(wich i did but for some reson i didn't get it i used the f-117a stealth looking bomber i thinking maybe because i used the 3rd color

- use only the gun to complete campaign

-not getting hit in campain

so im working on the gun one with an attacker to knock out 2

it has not been confirmed yet, but it is pretty much a certain that ace of aces mode will be DLC. If you notice you don't even have the choice for ace of aces on your campaign difficulty choices. It only shows up on the free flight mode.

Aces of Aces mode is that the mode higher than Expert?

If it is Im currently playing it on single player. But for me it just says Ace.

Not sure if thats the mode.

Just to verify the modes are easy,normal,hard,expert,ace right?

No, "Ace" and "Ace of Aces" are 2 different modes.

Aces of Aces mode is that the mode higher than Expert?

If it is Im currently playing it on single player. But for me it just says Ace.

Not sure if thats the mode.

Just to verify the modes are easy,normal,hard,expert,ace right?

yeah, ace and ace of aces is a different mode, looks like Drivont beat me to that answer :)...

There is speculation though nothing confirmed as of yet, but it seems to be the case, that ace of aces mode will be DLC. The dev team stated they will be makeing a DLC difficulty level that would be the hardest of them all. Also if you notice, the only place that you can even choose ace of aces mode is in freeflight, though it is ghosted, which i believe is either a bug, as it wasn't suppose to be even shown, or what it has become, a well placed ghosted difficulty level that will get people talking and generate its own hype till the DLC is ready.

Yeah it was a machine gun kill medal, I think I got it on the first level because I didn't know how to switch lock on targets.

It turns out that MOST of the medals cannot be attained on easy. There are a few that can, however, be attained on easy. I am going to update the Medals thread and the achievement guide as soon as I find out more specifically which ones can be attained on easy, and which ones cannot.

I believe the confusion regarding this came about because kills won't count towards achievements if you don't save.

very possible, we both seen that discussed in here. So yes, to reiterate Drivont, make sure to save after you are done playing online because the system does not autosave like it does in the campaign.

And Fen, sorry cant help, not quite sure why the achievement isn't unlocking. Just wanted to let you know we didn't miss that comment, just doesn't seem like anyone knows the answer for ya. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
I ran through expert mode only using the C-44 but I didn't get any service medals for only using a certain type of plane. I'm sure it's an attacker type, Or can you not use the C-44 to get the only use certain planes service medals?

the 44 is a fighter... so if you already have the fighter medal, then you can't get it again

• 3 weeks later...
thnx again iskoot but i got all colors achievemnt but not all secrets also i have AL medals:confused:

The only way to get this, as you can see from the achievement guide, is to unlock everything, which includes the Colors, medals, as well as planes. They all go hand in hand as stated in the last thread you created and posted to. The only way for the above mentioned to occure would be to obviously beat the game, on multiple run throughs, and/or free missions. Since you don't have your gamertag available to see noone can verify you have done all the required criteria. PM me your gamertag so I can see what you have and see if you are missing anything on the achievements.

NOTE: This post was continued from another thread...

Hi urAssasin my gamertrag is trailertrash87 thx

Hey trailer, I was just looking at your ach's for AC6, and to be honest with you I have no clue what you are missing... Try playing a normal level campaign game level. Not from free mission, but a normal "new sp" game level. If this achievement is anything like some of the other unlockables, you may only get it after you play a mission.... But other then that, I really can't help you. You seem to have all the pre-req's for this ach, however you obviously don't have it. Let me know if this works.:confused::confused::confused:

About the only thing I can think of is maybe you've unlocked the SP-scheme for the CFA-44 but didn't purchase it afterward? About having to play another mission: yesterday I went for my last medal which was all S's in Hard and I just needed to get an S in one mission. After playing that mission in free-mission mode, I immediately got both the medal and the achievement. Also, I had every paint for every plane (not including the downloaded ones...) as well as every weapon for every plane purchased and sitting in the hangar at the time. Not saying that if you didn't buy it, that that's it though...

About the possibility of it being a glitch: I was thinking that maybe you don't have a Live account and therefore haven't downloaded a free update - it fixed a mission-6 glitch I was experiencing, though it was listed as a general update. I was thinking that, but then I've heard of people getting that achievement without having Live, so...

Just a couple shots in the dark...:confused: