Guess I'll be the one to say it... Generally, when someone has to make mention that they're not something, there's a possibility that they actually are.

For example: "I could never be cruel, I'm just not that way." You likely torture animals, and laugh at old people whilst listening to Metallica.

60% of the time, my statistics are correct 100% of the time.

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dirty130

• xhunterrrr

• BiggD

• TVthePunisher

So, like many people my age, I've been disappointed with Star Wars since the release of Episode I. I went and saw the Clone Wars intro "movie" in theaters and wasn't impressed so I never gave the series a chance.

Been watching them on Netflix and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. It's a pretty entertaining series. If Anakin in the prequels had been more like Anakin in the series the prequels might have been half decent (especially if they just skipped the whole 8 year old Ani shit).

One thing I've found interesting is how they have given the Clones some individualism in the show. Part of me likes the decision but part of me feels that it makes it less believable that they would follow the order to kill the Jedi in episode III. Can you actually imagine Cody or Rex turning on Kenobi or Skywalker?

Guess I'll be the one to say it... Generally, when someone has to make mention that they're not something, there's a possibility that they actually are.

For example: "I could never be cruel, I'm just not that way." You likely torture animals, and laugh at old people whilst listening to Metallica.

You didn't need to include this.

Why do you assume just because I like Metallica that I torture animals and laugh at old people getting hurt.

http://i.imgur.com/ldyC93A.jpg

I don't want to upset the established order but there is a difference between being a good person and letting others walk all over you. I always used to believe in the whole 'do good things and good things will happen' but after the year I had last year I think you need to draw a line somewhere and look out for number one.

I hear you on this. Despite what I do, doesn't seem like good things are coming my way...I could save a bus filled with children and probably be shot the next day .__.; it seems like my "Good Deed-O-Meter" is broken. That or doing good deeds only matters as far as how others perceive me and how I feel about myself.

Maybe I'm just bitter but the whole idea of karma and 'everything happens for a reason' is complete nonsense. As long as you do what makes you happy and realize and accept the consequences of your actions nothing can stop you. Take what you want in life.

I'm not saying become a complete bastard but you won't get anywhere if you spend all you time helping/looking out for others.

I'm getting to that bitter point myself. Though I can't help but feel everything is happening for a reason at times...though honestly I may just be examining the events and tracing them back to something that occurred years ago. So and so occurred due to what happened on said date and all the events following that are related to the incident. Where as if something else happened, perhaps a different line of events would have occurred.

I may just be stuck in a reaction path...or maybe I'm off it and I can do something else now. I don't want to be a bastard, hell my pesky conscience keeps that in check...but I do want more out of life. There are many paths to getting rich...and a few require me to be more of an asshole that I'm comfortable with. If my conscience wasn't in the way, I'd be there. This thing is like a wall that puts itself up in my mind every time I think about doing something, trying to block the thought and me actually going through with it. Resisting it usually leads to a deep heart pounding feeling...but sometimes I can't fight it.

You get points for trying though!

I find it a small challenge to be a 'good person' also. In most situations or conversations, my first thoughts are usually negative or aggressive and I need to dig a little deeper to find a more positive or friendly reply/reaction to give back. Sometimes I'm ashamed of my initial negative thoughts on day to day things and topics, but find like anything, the more I 'practice' at being nicer, the better I get.

To be honest, I think it's simply easier to be negative and a bit of a schmuck. Once you're in the habit of it, I think it can be hard to break. At the end of the day, I think the positive minded person eases through life compared to those that are more negative and tend to get hung up on every little thing.

I simply ask myself "will this affect me in 5 years?" If the answer is no, I try to let it go.

Or like an idiot, take it to another level and usually regret it. :rolleyes:

/Rant

At this point in my life, I'm a "nice person" with a negative outlook. A lot of the "saints" didn't care that they lived in the shit...as long as they did good things. I'm not that way. I want to do good things but I also want to be at a high level, rich ya know. I don't want to keep living at the bottom of the barrel.

I do what you do though, practice being nice to keep shit in check. A lot of the time I have this nagging urge to punch people in the face while talking to them, for no reason other than to do it. Well, sometimes there's a reason...they could be annoying as hell and I always envision going through with it but I don't..for my own safety (not that they'd harm me but the drama that would ensue is more than I can handle).

Here here.

I spent a lot of time putting others first, and in the end I found that my own happiness does not depend upon the happiness of other people. Sure I always put my mrs and kids happiness first, but other than those three people I really couldn't care less about anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a prick (generally) and I do try to be polite and nice in social situations. But if making other people happy is going to make me unhappy, then I won't do it.

I won't appease a prick, so making people happy has never really made me unhappy. But it hasn't helped me to be that much more happier overall...I'm still not in a point of my life where I'm content with anything. Not rich, no good job, no career or future concrete enough...no girl and drama's kept at arms length by choosing to use the right words.

There's a massive shitstorm over the horizon but it's being kept there by playing it correctly, not doing the wrong shit. Though I'm tempted to let it hit the fan cause...it may be the only way to get out of here. Surrounded by a shitstorm in the middle of a desert, passed the storm is salvation...while safe inside of your shelter, life is better if you pass through that shit. But the shit is so godawful, so horrid...almost feel like you'd drown trying to pass it.

Anyway, about the whole nice person thing. It takes a monumental amount of strength to keep it up. Especially when you get repeatedly shat on. I do find pleasure in being nice though, so I never stop and it's not exclusive.

The internet is where I let the rage flow more freely >:]

Well as I told Wolve, it's easy for me to be nice to people that deserve it. But I wouldn't be nice to assholes...as the days go on, my tolerance for general dicks in public is thinning. I'm becoming more vocal, or like a teapot ready to boil over. This is why I can't work a job in customer service, I don't care about the guidelines in place or the holy fucking word of "The Customer is Always Right", because they aren't...when their attitudes are so goddamn terrible that a human's natural response would be to defend themselves.

I'm not the type of person to "Grin and Bare it"...no. But I do agree that rage is easier to express on the internet...words out of my own mouth are not as powerful as the ones I can type into a keyboard (see my Rants for truth).

;>_> so saying that I'm not a cruel person makes me a potential serial killer? Honestly my initial statement that I'm not cruel comes with the fact that I'm doing something that might be frowned upon but with good intentions...in regards to someone who is about to destroy their lives if they pursue this further. I care about the person due to a connection, one I can't specifically state at this time but...at the same time this involvement with them is holding me back.

--------------------

Sigh...at times I think it wouldn't be so bad to be a prick if it meant getting rich, then going back to being nice later. Spend a few years stepping on people to make things right in the future...while I wouldn't initially want to do this at first, it may be the only way for me to get ahead. But damn do I hate having enemies...last thing I want is a knife in my back going down that path.

http://i.imgur.com/ldyC93A.jpg

This missed out the part where they generally won't give any music that isn't metal the time of day and judge people on appearance just as much as people judge them.

"WAH WHY WON'T PEOPLE ACCEPT ME FOR THE WAY I AM?"

Five minutes later.

"Look at that stupid fucking hipster/chav, I bet he listens to shit music like Foals/N-Dubz."

Also, half of that shit could describe anyone on the planet, not just metalheads.

0/10 stupid image.

This missed out the part where they generally won't give any music that isn't metal the time of day and judge people on appearance just as much as people judge them.

Five minutes later.

"Look at that stupid fucking hipster/chav, I bet he listens to shit music like Foals/N-Dubz."

Also, half of that shit could describe anyone on the planet, not just metalheads.

0/10 stupid image.

We have a winner.

I like dem odds!

New job attained. Still keeping hope alive for a better one tho!

Hey, congratulations on the new job! So, you're shouting beers next weekend, since Pender has this weekend covered, right? RIGHT??

So, like many people my age, I've been disappointed with Star Wars since the release of Episode I.

I've been disappointed with just about everything that starts with Star. The original Startship Troopers being an exception. Mmm.. Denise Richards pre-Charlie Sheen. Mmmm..

http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/denise-richards-bikini1.jpg

*Mind boggles

*Motorboat noise

*Passes out

Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.

Elephants, horses and giraffes blush when urinating at the piss trough with Jard.

I do what you do though, practice being nice to keep shit in check. A lot of the time I have this nagging urge to punch people in the face while talking to them, for no reason other than to do it. Well, sometimes there's a reason...they could be annoying as hell and I always envision going through with it but I don't..for my own safety (not that they'd harm me but the drama that would ensue is more than I can handle).

Most times putting your fist in someone's face just leads to more trouble. Usually with the law. Or so I hear.

Five minutes later.

0/10 stupid image.

Tom wins the internet again.

---

My Co-Op partner for Sniper Elite 3 contacted me last night saying he's up at the hospital with a family member who's just had a heart attack. All the best to him and his family.

It's so fucking cold outside. I'm running up the street and daylight hasn't officially broken yet, but all the kookaburras are in the trees laughing at me like dicks! Why am I doing this?? I get back to the house and need to pee, but have to shake some pepper onto my dick to make it sneeze and quickly grab it with the tweezes because I have such a killer shrink from the cold right now! :p

Five minutes later.

0/10 stupid image.

Most people who are really into metal only bathe like once every 3 days and only wear black band shirts. Also, they're all antisocial assholes who think they're better than everyone else.

Also hey I'm back from having two days off so can someone summarize what I missed in a haiku?

Most people who are really into metal only bathe like once every 3 days and only wear black band shirts. Also, they're all antisocial assholes who think they're better than everyone else.

I'm sorry, but that is a load of stereotypical bullshit. I listen to metal, and so do several of my friends. None of us are unhygienic, none of us are antisocial, and none of us a arrogant. Maybe you shouldn't go making blanket statements based of very little evidence and have no way of proving. :rock

I'm sorry, but that is a load of stereotypical bullshit. I listen to metal, and so do several of my friends. None of us are unhygienic, none of us are antisocial, and none of us a arrogant. Maybe you shouldn't go making blanket statements based of very little evidence and have no way of proving. :rock

whats youre favorite metal band mine is Linkin Park

Had a nice birthday yesterday. Spent most of the afternoon kayaking with my girlfriend and kayaked with her some more this morning. She surprised me with an Xbox One a few hours ago too so that was nice of her. I went out and bought the usual accessories along with Black Flag, Ground Zeroes, and The New Order. I'll download Super Time Force and Valiant Hearts later. Might preorder Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive too.

I'm tempted to buy a PS4 tomorrow for The Last of Us Remastered but I don't see myself playing much else on it for a while other than Resogun or Transistor. Transistor I can manage on PC so I'll hold off on a PS4 for a while longer.

Buy the Sony Gold Wireless headset. It's great for the money and works with the Xbox One, although you still need the headset adapter.

Saw this comment yesterday and kept it in mind when I was getting some accessories. Good call. I'm digging the headset.

Settle down killer. I'm pretty sure he wasn't serious.

Dirty, love your new sig pic. It reminds me of back in the day when my brother and I used to hustle people at SFII in the arcades. Zangief in the hands of someone that was really good at that game was oppressively good. If you knew what you were doing you could consistently "perfect" against solid players.

People had no idea just how far his grab range actually was, or that you could grab people out of the air. I used to laugh at the nubs that thought they could "cheap" me with Chun-Li's air moves. Two rounds later when they hadn't even hit me once it made taking their money that much more satisfying.

Edited by bigbear.

Had a nice birthday yesterday. Spent most of the afternoon kayaking with my girlfriend and kayaked with her some more this morning. She surprised me with an Xbox One a few hours ago too so that was nice of her. I went out and bought the usual accessories along with Black Flag, Ground Zeroes, and The New Order. I'll download Super Time Force and Valiant Hearts later. Might preorder Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive too.

I'm tempted to buy a PS4 tomorrow for The Last of Us Remastered but I don't see myself playing much else on it for a while other than Resogun or Transistor. Transistor I can manage on PC so I'll hold off on a PS4 for a while longer.

Happy Birthday for yesterday and enjoy Wolfenstein! She's a great blaster! Personally, I don't think TLoU Remastered is worth a console purchase. I'm still waiting for a PS4 exclusive that warrants a console purchase actually.

http://media.giphy.com/media/2IxbfIvribMFG/giphy.gif

You searched for 25 minutes for that.. And won!

Stinkin Park http://emoji.fileformat.info/gemoji/trollface.png

What the fuck did you just fucking say about Linkin Park, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

She surprised me with an Xbox One a few hours ago too so that was nice of her.

Finally, now you can play Halo 2 Remastered and see how awful Backwash really is.

@Ty…

Nothing much

Has happened

Here.

A thousand thanks to you, and a thousand beatings to whoever taught you what a haiku is.

Edited by Ty-Rex

whats youre favorite metal band mine is Linkin Park

Probably a tie between Linkin Park, A7X, and a new band I found called Ra (and Shinedown if they are considered a metal band).

Happy belated birthday. Lucky you, getting to go kayaking. What I wouldn't do to be out kayaking right now instead of being stuck at my house. :(

Settle down killer. I'm pretty sure he wasn't serious.

:biglaugh Who you calling a killer, I couldn't even hurt a fly. I'm scrawny as shit.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about Linkin Park, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111113100133/creepypasta/images/9/9b/Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a completely unrelated note, you know what really infuriates me... how the company that made my computer put the page up and page down keys right next to the arrow keys. I don't know how many times I have accidentally scrolled down to the bottom of the page when I'm trying to move my cursor up one line. It is a really stupid design in my book. :rant:

Edited by datmanydocris