The Hellfire Ring.

Drias

All of you coming in here that haven't played the PC version (Or PC players that haven't played in a while) are wondering what this ring is.

This ring is one of the most Legit OP Rings in a Diablo Game, Next to the Constrictor Ring (Which was taken out of D2).

Essentially, after you beat Hell, and progress into inferno, You can start farming for the parts for this ring. In order to make this ring, you'll need at least 2,086,000 Gold (134,000 Gold for Console). Each Act holds a Key Warden that, depending on Monster Level Difficulty, has a random drop rate for a Key, and Act 4's Key Warden holds the Blacksmithing plans to combine all 3 keys and a random key. These Keys can only be dropped when you have 5 stacks (3 Stacks for Console) of Nephalem Valor on. Without max stacks, keys and plans won't drop.

During Act 1, in the Fields of Misery, Odeg the Keywarden will drop the Key of Destruction.

During Act 2, in the Dahlgur Oasis, Sokahr the Keywarden will drop the Key of Hate.

During Act 3, on the Stonefort. Xah'Rith the Keywarden will drop the Key of Terror.

During Act 4, in the Silver Spire level 1, Nekaret the Keywarden will drop the Blacksmithing plans for the Infernal Machine and/or a random key depending on What level you play it on.

Once you get the keys, you must construct 3 infernal machines, which, like D2 Ubers, you can do it all in one game, and it'll go to the 3 different realms, which hold 2 bosses each, much more powerful than their inferno counter parts. Each Machine costs 12,000 gold to make (3,000 for Console), and once used, disappears.

Portal to The Realm of Discord will leave you fighting against King Leoric and Magdha. Once defeated, They will drop the Writhering Spine.

Portal to The Realm of Chaos will leave you fighting against Ghom and Rakanoth. Once defeated, They will drop the Devil's Fang.

Portal to The Realm of Turmoil will leave you fighting the Siege Breaker Beast and Zoltun Kulle. Once defeated, They will drop the Vengeful Eye.

Once you have this done, go to Act 2 and find Squirt the Peddler. She will sell you the plans for 100,000 Gold. The plans require your Jewelcrafter to be level 10 to learn the ways of crafting this beast of a ring. Once your Jewelcrafter learns it, you'll notice he has 4 different types of Hellfire rings to make. You can choose what primary stat you want your ring to have.

Hellfire Ring:

+170-200 (Choice: Str/Dex/Vit/Int)

+35% Experience

+4 Additional Random Properties

+%Chance of casting a ball of Hellfire at enemy

+170-200 (Random roll: Str/Dex/Vit/Int)

The Downside to this ring is it can only be equipped once, you can not make a Hellfire Ring of Vitality and a Hellfire Ring of Str/Dex/Int. If you do, you can give one to your Follower and they can use it. It is also account bound and can not be traded or sold, but can be salvaged.

Now this ring is pretty OP in its own right. But you want to know what is really OP about this ring?

It doesn't have a Level Requirement to wear it.

Difficulty drop rates for items to craft Hellfire Ring:

Easy - 5%

Medium - 20%

Hard - 40%

Master I - 60%

Master II - 70%

Master III - 80%

Master IV - 90%

Master V - 100%

Edited by Drias

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or make the ring with common resources...and then dupe it :rolleyes:

I know... I'm such a hypocrite, lol

I believe the pieces drop for everyone, and are account bound.

Can't be account bound, since the game isn't running on Blizzard B.net servers. Unless they're bonded to the character, like some legendary items.

Edited by KriugerisLT

Account bound as in non-tradeable. Don't know if you can drop pieces and people can pick them up either. We'll find out sooner or later. :dance:

Sorry that I need more clarification on this - but does that mean I can create the ring and then put it in my stash for another one of my own characters? Either way it sounds really great, never would have known without this thread. Thank you.

Sorry that I need more clarification on this - but does that mean I can create the ring and then put it in my stash for another one of my own characters? Either way it sounds really great, never would have known without this thread. Thank you.

The terms account bound to me would say yes you could place it in your stash for your other characters. But your Blacksmith and Jeweler are account wide as well, so you could just place the items in your stash then make it on a new character if you can share the ring in the stash.

i almost created this ring Twice on 360 now and i can Verify a few things.

-You need a minimum of 3 portals (3x each key) in "1" Go, if you Quit game the portal is gone.

- You can only Share it with your other Chars (Account Bound) by putting it in your stash.

I went in each Teleport 2 Times now and Played it with a Friend on Inferno (Master 1) with 3 Stacks of Nephilim.

Got 5 Drops out of 6

Hope this helps

if anyone is interested, i make a Video with all Steps on the Consoles.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBt_EW_ZER4]Diablo 3 - Uberbosses and Hellfire Ring - How to Guide - HD - YouTube[/ame]

And here is my german Guide with Pics:

http://www.insidegames-forum.ch/showthread.php?t=21586

and as last, all Uberbosses (simple on Inferno normal to show the Bosses)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG8mSWPFRUQ]Diablo 3 - All Uberbosses - King Leoric & Maghda - Ghom & Rakanoth - Siege Breaker & Zoltun Kulle - YouTube[/ame]

Regards

I have a feeling I'm going to be crafting a bunch of these until I get a great one for each class.

I have a lvl23 ring that does:

1 Socket

4-8 Damage

60 Dexterity

18 Vitality

6% Attack Speed

45% Critical Hit Damage

And something else I can't remember at this time.

Needless to say, it's a very nice ring for a level 23. I'd like something similar in a Hellfire ring, considering you can put it on a level 1. a level 1 with a ring with ilvl 63 stats on it? Make it a cake walk.

Hey, another question here. One key away so I'm about to try this!

How possible is it to kill the ubers solo? Everything I have read is about them on MP10. So I guess I should be asking, is it worth killing the ubers on normal? My guess is that I can handle it, but is the drop chance of the item reduced? Don't want to waste an infernal machine!

Thanks.

Hey, another question here. One key away so I'm about to try this!

How possible is it to kill the ubers solo? Everything I have read is about them on MP10. So I guess I should be asking, is it worth killing the ubers on normal? My guess is that I can handle it, but is the drop chance of the item reduced? Don't want to waste an infernal machine!

Thanks.

I ran keys on Master V on my Barb with no problem. Elites and Kewywardens had tons of health but it was completely doable. I got nine keys, made three infernal machines, and opened the first portal. It was siegebreaker and ZK. And they pretty much owned me. I tried several times and was able to kill siegebreaker twice after a lot of running around and waiting for WotB to cooldown, but ZK just did too much damage.

I got another set of keys and then backed it down to Master III. The other two sets of ubers were easy. Then I got ZK and Siegebreaker again. It was harder than the rest but completely doablo. All three times, the organ dropped.

I farmed three more sets of keys on Master V, then did the ubers again on Master III. Organs dropped again all three times.

I ran keys on Master V on my Barb with no problem. Elites and Kewywardens had tons of health but it was completely doable. I got nine keys, made three infernal machines, and opened the first portal. It was siegebreaker and ZK. And they pretty much owned me. I tried several times and was able to kill siegebreaker twice after a lot of running around and waiting for WotB to cooldown, but ZK just did too much damage.

I got another set of keys and then backed it down to Master III. The other two sets of ubers were easy. Then I got ZK and Siegebreaker again. It was harder than the rest but completely doablo. All three times, the organ dropped.

I farmed three more sets of keys on Master V, then did the ubers again on Master III. Organs dropped again all three times.

I have the opposite issue in that boss fight, I have a tough time with the siege breaking with my Wizard because his reflect damage makes me almost kill myself instantly lol.

The ring I made is pretty great for leveling up faster, but not that great for my level 60 characters.

Question about the Uberbosses, can it be done on any setting? Because I don't think I could do them on Monster Level V. I can beat King Leoric and Magdha on Monster Level II, Ghom, I can't kill him fastest enough before he floods the room with his poison attack, Siege Breaker Beast, I can do that, Zoltun Kulle his teleporting is annoying as hell and because of that I can't beat him. Rakanoth isn't that bad, because he just sit there firing ice attacks at you.

Question about the Uberbosses, can it be done on any setting? Because I don't think I could do them on Monster Level V. I can beat King Leoric and Magdha on Monster Level II, Ghom, I can't kill him fastest enough before he floods the room with his poison attack, Siege Breaker Beast, I can do that, Zoltun Kulle his teleporting is annoying as hell and because of that I can't beat him. Rakanoth isn't that bad, because he just sit there firing ice attacks at you.

You can do them on any difficulty. The only difference difficulty effects is the drop percent increase. I have noticed that on master level I the keywardens have dropped keys every single time 5 times in a row. So I am going to run one of the portals in hopes that I can get the same kind of luck.

The Downside to this ring is it can only be equipped once, you can not make a Hellfire Ring of Vitality and a Hellfire Ring of Str/Dex/Int.

I need clarification before I go through all this work. Do you mean that you can only equip one, or it can only be equipped once? Like can I make one for INT and use it to level up a wiz and a witch dr? I cant find anything else that says you can only equip it once, but most info is written for PC.

Also, can someone please explain to me what MP10 is? I only see MP1-5. Is MP10 diablo3 cool kids slang for inferno on MP5 with 4 people? I can see how that would need abbreviating.