FAQs

This is a new feature on the forums. The staff are going around tidying the clutter and making sure x360a is the one stop shop for all your 360 needs.

The FAQ threads are where we need your help! What do you think are the most commonly asked questions about this game? Which threads keep popping up? What things do you wish you had been told when you first got this game?

Post in this thread and I'll edit the top post

Thanks for your help...

[iNCLUDE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS AS WELL]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

ok so i am much prefering playing this on the 360 than i did on the PC but i was wondering if anyone knows if you can use a USB keyboard and plug it into the 360 and whether its a specific keyboard or if any usb will work.

Failing that does anyone know when the qwerty plug into controller keyboards are out in the UK? trying to play this game without one is a nightmare as there arent really any benefits to playing on 360 like group voice chat

hmm,what du need ctrl and alt for exactly?

also i just spent 4 hours grinding then remembered you need a signet to get any crystals :D

also my local game said the new xbox keyboards still arent available :S

Ctrl and Alt cast your macros unless you plan on using your controller to cast macros.

Oh, you are in the UK, well they came out in the US on Sept. 4th :p

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

My friend and I were debating as to what game would define being a 10 (hard) difficulty, and we both agreed that AVATAR: The Last Airbender would define a 1 (easy) difficulty.

There are some very tough games out there, but my friend says that Final Fantasy XI is a 10.

I haven't played this game despite the many difficult titles I have completed. So...

Question: If you wrote a roadmap for this game, what would be your rating for the difficulty?

Answers:

(I haven't played this game, and probably won't for a long time, but I'm interested for everyone to share their opinion.)

Thanks everyone.

The game would easily be a 15. Not just for difficulty, but because of the time required to actually complete every single achievement. This game is by far the longest and hardest 1000 (Extra 250 really isn't that difficult) on the Xbox 360. The only way this game would fit on the 1-10 difficulty chart is if you set up a curve that would change all 10s to 8s or 7s.

Ah, and the servers are shutting down soon, making getting any points on this game impossible. :p

The game would easily be a 15. Not just for difficulty, but because of the time required to actually complete every single achievement. This game is by far the longest and hardest 1000 (Extra 250 really isn't that difficult) on the Xbox 360. The only way this game would fit on the 1-10 difficulty chart is if you set up a curve that would change all 10s to 8s or 7s.

Ah, and the servers are shutting down soon, making getting any points on this game impossible. :p

When are the servers shutting down? me and a friend were gonna buy this in a couple of hours :/

fuck sake

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yea this game isn't shutting down any time in the near future, theirs plenty of time to go out and start now and get every achievement, the problem is most people don't have that time, it's been said and I agree completely, this is the hardest game to achieve 100% on, without a doubt no other game holds a candle to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Q: Can I unlock FFXI's achievements if I completed their requirements while playing on the PC or Playstation 2?

A: Yes you can. The only carveat is the "Gold Ballistar" achievement: You can still do it with this, but the achievement has to be unlocked within a week of earning it (have to speak to the title changer NPC with the key item in your key item list) or you will have to do it again. Other than that, it doesn't matter what platform you use while playing. You only have to be on the xbox to get the achievements added to your gamertag.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently made a brand new character just for the Achievements on XBOX 360. Not know i could just talk to a Bard to get them.

BUT i Just unlocked the Support Job ability with the new character and you know what i got??? NOTHING!!! Why?

If anyone can help solve this "Unsolved Mystery" for me it would be greatly appreciated!