• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only complaint so far:

Has anyone figured out how to adjust the game volume? I can see where we adjust subtitles and brightness. And almost every game lets you adjust the game volume. I don't see that here. Like seriously? Some of the music during the boss fights are bit intense... reminds me of the elevator scene in The Matrix. Would be nice to be able to turn the music lower.

Well, where to start.

I don't think terrible is the right word, but my god this game was massively overhyped.

Firstly it looks amazing, and the mechanics of it are really good.

But every mission is the same, deploy ghost somewhere, listen to how he can crack anything, alarm goes off. 3 waves of enemies. Might as well get odst out and play firefight.

The entire logic behind the game is to get better gear, it is actually quite addictive, repeat the same shitty missions over and over to try get a better gun or better helmet etc.

I'm sure I heard somewhere a while back they were building this as a 10 year franchise.

Good luck. The game is repetitive already

Well, where to start.

I don't think terrible is the right word, but my god this game was massively overhyped.

But every mission is the same, deploy ghost somewhere, listen to how he can crack anything, alarm goes off. 3 waves of enemies. Might as well get odst out and play firefight.

The entire logic behind the game is to get better gear, it is actually quite addictive, repeat the same shitty missions over and over to try get a better gun or better helmet etc.

I'm sure I heard somewhere a while back they were building this as a 10 year franchise.

Not at all an unfair criticism, but I think the painfully dull mission variety was made pretty clear from the Beta. I have a feeling when I finish the campaign, it's going to be like finishing the first quarter of a good book. I'm on board for the long haul to see what they want to do here, but I hope I end up being wrong about what I just said.

Trying to stay as spoiler free as possible. I did the mission in the Reef where its nothing but a cutscene. Mid-cutscene Destiny says I have no internet connection, which is wrong since I was in a party with a friend at the time and never disconnected, and it brought me to the main menu. I go back into game, and its counted that I've already played that mission with no way to re-view it, aside from possibly looking it up on Youtube where it wont be my character. *Sigh* ..

Edited by NonXiztence

Well, where to start.

Took the words out of my mouth.

This game feels like a Halo skin over the top of a crappy RPG. Did anyone actually Beta TEST this game or did they just play a Beta version? There are so many unpolished edges in this game; it feels half finished. It's the first XB1 game I've been disappointed with, and I'll certainly struggle to 100% it.

Took the words out of my mouth.

This game feels like a Halo skin over the top of a crappy RPG. Did anyone actually Beta TEST this game or did they just play a Beta version? There are so many unpolished edges in this game; it feels half finished. It's the first XB1 game I've been disappointed with, and I'll certainly struggle to 100% it.

Care to explain on the "unpolished edges" as I'm genuinely curious.

Shotguns, snipers, and fusion rifles need a nerf. (At least in pvp)

Fist of Havoc needs it's blast radius reduced, Arc Blade needs a buff

No doubt a hunter, lol, I don't think any of these weapons need a nerf, snipers only 1 shot if in the head, shotguns only 1 shot at very close range and well i never used or been killed by a fusion rifle but they don't seem very good at all.

I have however on many occasion insta killed by arc blade...

Care to explain on the "unpolished edges" as I'm genuinely curious.

I could be wrong - but the footfalls as you're running in first person seem out of sync with the gun sway. It's fine in third person, but seems off in first person.

Yellow subtitles are difficult to read (unless you look up into space).

I've had issues detecting other players online. I'm looking at a mate's character, but he's showing as offline in the "roster" section.

The weapon sights are all the same - at least for my basic level 8-10 Fusion, Scout and Assault rifles. They also look cartoony (which was great in Borderlands, but in a game that's supposed to be the be-all-and-end-all of graphics, it's not).

I've noticed way more than this in terms of RPG game play issues, and I suppose you could say the first point I made is the only real rough edge, so to speak, but it all screams of ineptitude at creating a top end RPG. In my mind, it's a basic RPG designed to get Bungie on multi-console and increase their profit stream, and to get FPS players into RPG's.

I only wish I had've played the beta now, as I probably wouldn't have purchased the game if I had (certainly not until it was on sale at least). I only hope they bring out a massive bunch of improvements in the near future.

Edit: forcing people to go onto their website to find out basic information that should be available in-game is bad form (i.e., grimoires, clans).

Edited by Wolvss

Shit is so convoluted in this game it's ridiculous.. It never explains how to obtain reputation, that you have to wait til level 18 to start getting marks, etc. there is absolutely no explanation of anything!! And don't even get me started about the storyline..

The missions are super repetitious, 75% of the pvp maps are TERRIBLE, especially for TDM. After playing for one day, I'm about to hit mars, and once I complete that story is over. Nice. Soooo where did the 500 million go to? It sure didn't go to the story line, script, and voice acting, that shit is atrocious...

/rant

Not to mention there is a new species/class/make up whatever fuckin name you want to almost every few missions. I'm constantly asking wait who? What? This is worse than halo 4, which I got quite lost halfway through the campaign

And this is what I was looking forward to all summer? Thank the heavens Shadow of Mordor comes out in 2 weeks

Edited by DMichaels86

Fireteam's can only have up to 3 players which was a deal breaker once all my friends were finally on to play coop. Ended up just telling them to play with eachother, and then I fucked off back to Diablo 3.

Lost sound when I booted the game up for the second time, and had to restart the game to get the sound working again.

Storyline, Voice Acting, and Missions aren't really all that great. I'm still enjoying it somewhat, but from the 4-5 hours I've played it's already getting repetitive.

After the Moon all my buddy and I would ask each other was...Do we activate something with the ghost THEN kill hordes? Or kill hordes THEN activate something? Seriously what a huge disappointment. Nice job Bungie. *claps*

The story never explains itself even at the very end nothing had any real meaning or point to it. A bunch of species murdered by my gun for what?

I'm not that far into the game, but by looking at what others are saying, this game seems very short. Everyone seems to have beaten it in a day or two.

My biggest issue so far is I have no idea what I'm doing and why. The game explains nothing and feels like it drops you into a game that's already been in progress for a few hours.

Simgle player games feels linear and hollow. Multiplayer feels it will never be anything special. I don't know what game was a bigger disappointment this or titanfall. Thank god we have releases like minecraft Halo collection and GTA (although the multiplayer was a little under underwhelming) that will keep me playing my Xbox one through this holiday season.

Edit: Is there any reason there hasn't been a critic review release on metacritic yet? Is it like oh man I we really should wait a couple days before we give this game a subpar score?

Edited by j9292

My biggest issue so far is I have no idea what I'm doing and why. The game explains nothing and feels like it drops you into a game that's already been in progress for a few hours.

Same here. There's a good amount of stuff that I have no idea what it is or how to go about getting certain things. I guess that will come in time after playing and browsing here for what other people are saying.

Simgle player games feels linear and hollow. Multiplayer feels it will never be anything special. I don't know what game was a bigger disappointment this or titanfall. Thank god we have releases like minecraft Halo collection and GTA (although the multiplayer was a little under underwhelming) that will keep me playing my Xbox one through this holiday season.

Edit: Is there any reason there hasn't been a critic review release on metacritic yet? Is it like oh man I we really should wait a couple days before we give this game a subpar score?

Bungie didn't want any reviews.

I finally got my game working last night (which was a bitch on its own) and played some of the story missions, bounties and free roam in Old Russia. I haven't done the strike mission or crucible yet, but haven't come across ANY other players, even in the tower. Has anyone else come across this and have a fix? I restarted twice so maybe I inadvertently make a choice to remove myself from everyone else, but the game world sure seems empty.