Ipod trouble, Please help.

HacksawDoomx187

Friday night, I was playing my Ipod through my stereo using the headphone jack while I played Left 4 Dead. The album it was playing ended, so I reached a checkpoint and then tried to change the song but once I selected one, it refused to play. After that, I tried using the reset trick where you hold the menu and center button until the screen fades away and the apple icon reappears. When the ipod came to and the menu appeared again, it said I had no songs, videos, photos, etc. However, it did say that I had 27.9 GB free out of 80 as it had said before:( I tried hooking it up to the computer. It said I had corrupt data and that I could restore the ipod erasing all data. I ejected it as I don't want to lose any data. My problem is that the majority of my songs are on a different computer which is sitting in my basement. Unfortunately, that computer is verrrry slow and rarely works properly. I have about 1/10 of my music on this computer. If I restore my ipod, chances are that I will lose all my music except for what is on my current computer [i was not able to transfer songs when I got this new computer, it was the only thing that would not transfer through the external harddrive I bought:(]. Does anyone know away I can fix this or a solution to my problem or am I just fucked:mad:

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: My apologies if this thread belongs in a different area.

Edited by HacksawDoomx187