Hard mode easy as cake - Invincible glitch

T0b3

I think someone posted this before, but I'd like to confirm that it's still possible after yesterday's update.

For all who don't know about this: There is a glitch which allows you to gain permanent invincibility.

You'll still have to play until you reach Siren Alley. Once you're there, go and buy the "Scout" plasmid at any Gatherer's Garden. Next, find a Gene Bank and proceed as follows:

1. Access the Gene Bank and equip the scout plasmid, then quit out of the Gene Bank.

2. Stand right in front of the Gene Bank and press LT to activate the Scout plasmid.

3. RIGHT after you've pressed LT, press A to access the Gene Bank.

4. If you've seen your ghost before entering the Gene Bank, you're fine.

5. Now replace the Scout plasmid with any other.

6. Quit the Gene Bank.

7. End scout mode by shooting with the electric plasmid into the ghost.

8. Enjoy Invincibility!

Here is also a video to this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfd7QATPgRs&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Bioshock 2 Glitches- Invincibility Tutorial[/ame]

Credit goes to: xRedxHawkx

As I've stated before, I just wanted to confirm that this glitch still works, I tried it out yesterday.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this thing really comes in handy. Making the 2nd playthrough with this won't take long.

Unfortunately, this glitch is not "perfect". It stops working when you adopt/harvest little sisters, access a Gatherer's Garden or Gene Bank (After the glitching) or pick up a tonic/plasmid (Not sure about that).

Update: I did all of the above in several levels and still the glitch didn't deactivate. So I don't know what causes the glitch to stop but changing levels.

However, most of the time you can simply run through the levels, like I do. : )

Edited by T0b3

Haha neat glitch. I've just started playing on hard and am up to Paupers Drop. Im really emjoying the game so I'd like to do it the proud way. But it is awful tempting though lol

I also thought about ignoring this glitch and just keep playing. But then I realized that I won't get to see anything new but a crapload of spawnings in Vita-Chambers..

Using this glitch REAAAALLY saves a lot of time. I mean it. A crapload iof time. I think I needed 25+ hours for my first plathrough (Including all SP-achievements, listening to all audio diaries and spending a lot of time in the levels, looking at everything.

And my glitchy hard-mode run took like 5 hours.

Unfortunately, this glitch is not "perfect". It stops working when you adopt/harvest little sisters, access a Gatherer's Garden or Gene Bank (After the glitching) or pick up a tonic/plasmid (Not sure about that).

Just to confirm some of this: picking tonics and plasmids doesn't affect the glitch, nor does accessing any vending machines / Gather's Garden.

Update: I did all of the above in several levels and still the glitch didn't deactivate.

However it seems to cut out after adopting or harvesting a Little Sister and also stops when you change levels.

hmm might give it a try but seems it a bit buggy knowing my luck it wont work when i need it to

Yeah just a little tip, when you harvest / save the last little sister in an area make sure you save prior and find the closest Gene Bank, so you can run by and get the glitch working before the Big Sister comes. If it doesn't work then you just reload your save and try again.

reckon this will work to get the achievement where you have to take no damage during a gather? as long as you protect the little sister of course

EDIT: just to confirm this did work for me, but once you start the gather the glitch deactivates, i solved this by gathering next to a gene bank in siren alley, so i set up my mini turrets/trap rivets around the body, set down the little sister then ran over and activated the glitch, then all i had to do wad make sure she didnt take damage, hope this helped the few people who were stuck on this achievement like me :)

Edited by Woodles

Great find. Will be looking to finish the original 1000 + DLC next week once the DOTW Bioshock related things go cheap and may well use this if hard proves a little too hard, but if I can I will try to complete it without. But a nice find anyway, never understand how people find these glitches as they are always so random to do!

So I activated the glitch for curiousity sake once I reached sirion alley..... 2hours later finished my playthrough on hard. So my opinion? U won't like yourself for taking the easy way out but it does save a lot of time as the other dude stated.

Interesting point to note with this glitch aswell, it will still be activated even if you turn your console off. I saved my game and shut my console down to hop in the bath, and turned it back on to load my save and the glitch was still active, this saving even more time lol.

So I activated the glitch for curiousity sake once I reached sirion alley..... 2hours later finished my playthrough on hard. So my opinion? U won't like yourself for taking the easy way out but it does save a lot of time as the other dude stated.

I don't feel good about what I did, but I was already halfway through the game when I did it so it didn't make feel that bad. It saves many extra hours on a hard playthrough.

Interesting point to note with this glitch aswell, it will still be activated even if you turn your console off. I saved my game and shut my console down to hop in the bath, and turned it back on to load my save and the glitch was still active, this saving even more time lol.

I noticed this too. It is a very weird glitch. But extremely effective! ;)

I wouldn't really recommend this. It's nice for people who just want the achievements, but this game is actually great fun on hard mode. It's casual at best on any other modes, but it has a small semblance of difficulty on hard mode, which I enjoyed more than my first playthrough. Maximum enjoyment = Legit hard playthrough, IMO.

I wouldn't really recommend this. It's nice for people who just want the achievements, but this game is actually great fun on hard mode. It's casual at best on any other modes, but it has a small semblance of difficulty on hard mode, which I enjoyed more than my first playthrough. Maximum enjoyment = Legit hard playthrough, IMO.

:goodpost I couldn't agree more sir, plus yes you got the hard achievement, good job, but you also completely negate it's meaning for yourself and others now.

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried it a shitload of times but it just won't work for me. Also I deleted the patches but I still can't get the job done.

Whenever I activate Scout I either enter the Gene Bank too early or my body became a ghost already (making it impossible to enter the GB).

Any tips? The video is gone and I can't find a another one.

Edited by DandySNF