How many times did you die in Episode 4?

How many times did you die in this episode?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How many times did you die in this episode?

• Not a single time! I am pro!
    • 1 to 3 times
    • 4 to 6 times
    • 7 to 10 times
    • More than 10 times! I am bad!
    • I dont know?? I was too into the story to remember!

Dying seems to remove me from the game. I enjoy the rush of trying to survive, but sometimes if you dont pay very close attention to figure out exactly what the game wants you to do, you die.

I died probably around 8-12 times in this one...mostly when going up through the armory to get thru the walkers.

it was somewhere around 10 i think? that part with the staircase was kinda silly. though when i got that shotgun in my hands, i really just wanted to stand there and kill tons of zombies. but i forgot this isnt Resident Evil, Lee is really slow at pumping it and the shot doesnt spread out like a shotgun either, so you cant take out multiple ones at once. once i stopped screwing around, i died a few times trying to get my foot out of the boards, cause you have to look up and check all the time since you cant hear them coming.

To be completely honest I didn't die at all, I've played these episodes enough to realize you need to be fully alert no matter what is going on.

Pretty much when an action is happening and I see that crosshair on screen I know I'm going to have to be ready to aim and press that button, so I use my left hand to move the right joy stick and my right for the action button, works like a charm.

I died twice but neither time was to a walker.

First time was Vernon shooting Lee in the head, was calm and rational with him but it wouldn't register me taking the gun from him so headshot.

Second was for not grabbing Molly's hand. Thought the whole scene was automatic but noticed at the last second you had to grab her hand...clicked too late.

Is it bad that I love reading how people screw up? Probably yeah.

Died purposefully in the sewers after I clicked A on the zombie and shot it instead of killing it with Hilda.

I don't think I died any other times. The stairscase didn't really throw me for a loop but I was almost geek food until I realized I could look up and blast some walkers.

it was somewhere around 10 i think? that part with the staircase was kinda silly. though when i got that shotgun in my hands, i really just wanted to stand there and kill tons of zombies. but i forgot this isnt Resident Evil, Lee is really slow at pumping it and the shot doesnt spread out like a shotgun either, so you cant take out multiple ones at once. once i stopped screwing around, i died a few times trying to get my foot out of the boards, cause you have to look up and check all the time since you cant hear them coming.

To be completely honest I didn't die at all, I've played these episodes enough to realize you need to be fully alert no matter what is going on.

Pretty much when an action is happening and I see that crosshair on screen I know I'm going to have to be ready to aim and press that button, so I use my left hand to move the right joy stick and my right for the action button, works like a charm.

Yeah I was using a similar control method, until I realized you can use the dpad instead of the axby buttons for actions. Makes the game so much easier. You can hold the controller normally and I think you can react quicker since you have to move you finger less.

Died purposefully in the sewers after I clicked A on the zombie and shot it instead of killing it with Hilda.

I did the same thing haha! But it seems like the choice between shooting the zombie or killing it with Hilda didn't really matter in the long run. Not like you ran out of ammo or anything.

First time was Vernon shooting Lee in the head, was calm and rational with him but it wouldn't register me taking the gun from him so headshot.

Really? I wasn't aware that this could happen! I calmly took the gun from him and he did nothing.

Really? I wasn't aware that this could happen! I calmly took the gun from him and he did nothing.

If you take too long to calmly take the gun away he shoots you. Lee just stood there the first time I tried because it wouldn't register the fact I was telling him to do so. My second attempt worked fine so either the game glitched the first attempt or my controller just really wanted Lee to die.

Glad to see everyone else found the stairway part as annoying as I did. I dled about five times there. With everyone having the same thing happen I'd say it boils down to bad design for that moment in the game.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it bad design. An increase in difficulty doesn't necessarily mean it was designed poorly.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it bad design. An increase in difficulty doesn't necessarily mean it was designed poorly.

I don't think it was difficult so much as confusing and kind of bumbly. I felt the same way about the part where you were crouched in the sewer tunnels but that mostly had to do with the camera angles. I would love to know who decided the cursor movement should be mapped to the right stick and not even have the option to change it, I find that akward too. Tiny gripes is all.

I died 3 times....

The first time was intentional (In the sewers), as I accidentally used the handgun, and wanted to use the pick-axe thingy...thankfully it let me re-do that part.

The other two times were on the stairs...I finally just shot all the damned "geeks" and managed to pull my leg free. Man, do those zombies love to go straight for your stomach...yechhh

I died 3 times....

The first time was intentional (In the sewers), as I accidentally used the handgun, and wanted to use the pick-axe thingy...thankfully it let me re-do that part.

The other two times were on the stairs...I finally just shot all the damned "geeks" and managed to pull my leg free. Man, do those zombies love to go straight for your stomach...yechhh

I did the exact same thing and was also happy I got a second chance.