Ration Seals Question???

Syrinx

Ok I haven't played though the whole game yet but I am yet to get a single ration seal. I am playing co op and haven't played on my own yet, I am from the uk on a European console. Does anyone know why, I mean do I have to pick something up in the game or play though it on my own or complete it first? I really have no clue.

Thanks for any help given

You have to use the scavenger bot when the radar is a pulsing blue circle to indicate a resource rich area. Follow the arrows on the radar to lead you to those areas, there's also an audio cue to listen for. I know when I first started using them I would just put them down anywhere. Hope that helps.

You have to use the scavenger bot when the radar is a pulsing blue circle to indicate a resource rich area. Follow the arrows on the radar to lead you to those areas, there's also an audio cue to listen for. I know when I first started using them I would just put them down anywhere. Hope that helps.

That is only useful for two things: getting an achievement and getting a little extra resources. You can get ration seals no matter where you drop the bot. As a matter of fact, a lot of people have reported getting even more ration seals than usual when dropping the bot in non-resource rich areas.....but less actual resources.

Also, you can only place one bot per 11seconds... And only two in the same room.

So place a bot, wait, place a bot... Then walk into the next or previous room, let the door close and place a bot. Then wait 10 minutes (5 if you have the time-dlc) and then reap your rewards at a bench. Do it 10-20 times while watching a movie on your computer and you'll have plenty of ration seals with very little effort.

Also, you can only place one bot per 11seconds... And only two in the same room.

So place a bot, wait, place a bot... Then walk into the next or previous room, let the door close and place a bot. Then wait 10 minutes (5 if you have the time-dlc) and then reap your rewards at a bench. Do it 10-20 times while watching a movie on your computer and you'll have plenty of ration seals with very little effort.

Why grind this when it comes naturally from playing through the game? You get an audio clue when you're close to a resource-rich area, I don't see the problem or the need to waste time like this.

I have a quick question. I'm playing a 2nd play through on New Game Plus, and I've lost one of my scavenger bots due to one of the many glitches in this game, but more importantly, all the former resource spots are gone.

There are no pings at all, and whenever I bring up the search function on a bot, all I get is a red circle. Is this intentional, or another glitch? Is anyone else having this problem?

I've only played single player so far. Some of the resource locations would respawn when I backtracked during my first playthrough, so I was kinda surprised that they are completely gone on my new game plus 2nd playthrough.

Although I have more than enough to get by, I was planning on using the extra ration seals to stock back up on resources to build extra circuits and whatnot.

I noticed this as well.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason behind it...

Some have mentioned that they don't get the sound, but when they go a spot where they know resources are bountiful, and aim a bot at it, they still get the blue pulsating rings.

I noticed another glitch... In the game when you returning to the rosetta labs (you'll get the "there's a ship searching for me!" "Oh no! Don't get caught!"-dialogue)

Between you and the bench at the rosetta labs there are three resource spots.

Pck them all up, go to the bench, wait, pick up the resources... Then save&quit.

Get back in the game, and you'll be back before the ship dialogue, and the resource spots will be back too.

I noticed another glitch... In the game when you returning to the rosetta labs (you'll get the "there's a ship searching for me!" "Oh no! Don't get caught!"-dialogue)

Between you and the bench at the rosetta labs there are three resource spots.

Pck them all up, go to the bench, wait, pick up the resources... Then save&quit.

Get back in the game, and you'll be back before the ship dialogue, and the resource spots will be back too.

Not really a glitch, just how the save system works. Progress and inventory are saved separately.

• 1 month later...