This happen to anyone else?

Aquaman6686

I was pig-headedly attempting to clear a gang of Super Mutants out of a settlement, who were WAY too strong for me. Their leader was named Hammer and he had a skull next to his name, so I knew I was screwed, but went ahead anyway. After a few failed attempts (including putting a grenade in his pocket - as a side question, does putting a grenade in someone's pocket not activate it anymore? It said the placement was successful, but he didn't blow up, so I guess I just GAVE him a grenade. It was probably the one he lobbed at my head to kill me with), I decided "screw this, I'm going to get my Power Armor". So I went back to the settlement that had my strongest Power Armor, and loaded up with my best weapons. I fast-traveled back to the gang of Super Mutants...just in time to watch from a hilltop as they were SLAUGHTERED by the Brotherhood of Steel, who rained down on them from their airship for no apparent reason and proceeded to annihilate the entire Super Mutant gang in about 10 seconds while I stood there and did nothing.

Ah, thanks. Grenade fail aside, the rest of what happened was pretty awesome. I have no idea why the Brotherhood of Steel decided that those Super Mutants needed to die, but I wish they'd shown up before I went to the trouble of going to get my Power Armor.

Haha, once you get into their questline a little, you'll understand their stance on Super Mutants. I wish stuff like this would happen in my game! Only thing noteworthy for me so far was a nuke going off in the distance. I wanted to hold a thumb up, but couldn't see the explosion ;)

I had a similar thing happen, but with a Deathclaw, whom I ran into while collecting the Eddie Winter evidence tape from the western side of the map (Place called 'Nattick' or something). I was trying to sneak away, while my trusty companion Nick kept aggroing the damned beast so that it refused to lose interest.

Suddenly the cavalry arrives in the form of a Vertibird and some power-armored cannon fodder to distract and damage the Deathclaw enough for me to finish it off.

This kinda stuff happened to me earlier and seemed more frequent the further into BOS missions i got. It's pretty cool to see a Vertibird circling/shooting and dropping soldiers off. Although that could have been part of the mission/s i was on, but it's still cool

Had similar happen but to absolutely horrid results. Was about to do the water refinement quest for the White Mr. Handy settlement. I was on the wrong side of the river so was swimming over when I notice a bird circling the water plant attacking the super-mutants outside. I hadn't done any missions with the BoS so I wasn't sure if they were hostile or not so I swim across and go into sneak. I just get across the river when BOOOOOM, the vertibird explodes, sending the tail over my head as it was trying to land. I'm assuming a suicide mutant carried a nuke into it. No survivors so Piper and I had to clear what was left of the mutants.