Achievement Discussion

hoochli

It seems that I am the only member here that has the game already so I'm having a monologue ;)

It seems that the kills with certain amounts have to be done in the same playthrough.

Tonight I will begin a new game and I count the parry kills I make.

The "Death Rain" achievement can easily be done on the ship during the fight with the squid. As long as you don't kill the squid there will always be new enemies. And I think the dismemberment and the grapple achievements can also be done during this fight.

I'm not quite sure if there are spikes on the ship but if there are you can also do the impale achievement

Yh ive just got the game. I have a few question tho...

How do you perform a Parry Kill?

Do you have to throw someone from a curtain height to be a death fall?

Coz i throw three people of the rope bridge on the second level and only got the achivment for the last one i threw off.

Also how do you impale some one, do you just throw them into the spike?

- Vorbag

I did the parry kills with two swords.

In the moment they attack just before they hit you have to press the left trigger. A button shows up on the screen and when you hit it in time you will perform a parry kill.. you know it because it is very very bloddy ;)

Yesterday I began a new game and I killed almost everybody with a parry attack and I got the 100 kills achievement way before the bone crusher.. and also the one for 500 dismemberments.

To impale enemies you just have to press B once so you lift them up and throw them into the direction you look.. and yes, just into the spikes.

For the throwing achievement you can wait until you fight the giant squid on the ship. As long as you don't kill the squid there will always be new enemies so you can throw them over the rail next to the squid.

I dont think this game is going to be released in North America until the end of Oct.

The gameplay video looks great and I am looking forward to playing as Arnold!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/wsj3/image.jpg

Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

Can you tell me if you need to do the kills without dying or can you for example, kill 10 guys, die, reload a checkpoint, kill the same 10 guys again and get the achievement this way?

Dying is no problem. But as far as I discovered you have to do the kills in one single playthrough. The stats are not accumulated.

Example (imo): You save with 54 kills, kill another 25 enemies and load the game again: You have 54 kills.

I only see some problems with the 100 impales and the 100 throwing thingy.. the rest ist pretty straight forward.

Ah ok :)

There's a rumour that Ron Perlman has voiced Conan but I don't know if that is true.

For the few lines he says throughout the game the voice acting is acceptable..

Ron does a ton of VO work...Halo 3 being the latest game that I recognized his voice.

I know that he will reprise his role as Hellboy in the upcoming 360 game.

I'll be getting this game when it comes out in the US. I was always hoping someone would make a game about this. The movies were somewhat retarded in terms of acting and such, but the action and swordplay was pretty cool.

Achievements look pretty attainable too which are always nice.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Interview with AHHNOULD:

:uzi:((FOR NO REASON SHOOTING HIS GUNS ENTERING THE BUILDING))

Conan iz nut a guurlie gurl gaem. Eye ken sae eats en owstending gaem. GIT DOUN!!:eek:

Oh,surrie Eye taught ie wuz een da termeanatur muvy set. Tek eat frum da guveanatur! Eef u wan tu leave (live) bye dis gaem, NOUW!! GIT DOUN!!

Eyell paes aye law tu maek peepel bye dis gaem

:p:):p:)

Well been playing the game for an hour now and it seems pretty good.

I been trying for the parry achievements and i have noticed that instead of hitting block at the right moment and hope i get the right timing for it.

What i have been doing is hold block and the moment you see the enemy start his motion to swing, just quickly let go of block and quickly press it again and keep held so you can press the appropriate button without having to have lighting reflexes to get right timing down.I just find it much easier this way.

I have done it on every single nemy thus far and got a parry on every single one.

(well considering im only on stage 2 and excluding the stone fighters.)

Just thought I'd share.....:)

Dying is no problem. But as far as I discovered you have to do the kills in one single playthrough. The stats are not accumulated.

Example (imo): You save with 54 kills, kill another 25 enemies and load the game again: You have 54 kills.

I only see some problems with the 100 impales and the 100 throwing thingy.. the rest ist pretty straight forward.

That's total ick if the stats don't accumulate. We'll have to play through multiple times just to get the various achievements. Some companies just don't know how to make achievements fun to get.