Treasure Hunt 490G in 90 mins GUARANTEED !

steve36ty

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT - 5 Nov

-------------

Methods tested are as follows -

Guitar - FC any difficulty - fully working

Bass - FC any difficulty - * working (may need the odd reply on Guitar)

Drums - Untested

Vocals - FC any difficulty inc. using fan trick (majority vote)

Is it possible to leave the fan running with the mic in front and still play the song on guitar / bass expert? I.e. - will it work, even if I miss some notes on guitar / bass because the singing will still be "perfect"? (might have to sign in the mic with my "main" gamertag, uh?)

Is it possible to leave the fan running with the mic in front and still play the song on guitar / bass expert? I.e. - will it work, even if I miss some notes on guitar / bass because the singing will still be "perfect"? (might have to sign in the mic with my "main" gamertag, uh?)

That also raises another question, can these be done in Co-op too? Say I was playing the game with a friend and I FC'ed the songs in question, would he also get the Secret Notes achievements?

That also raises another question, can these be done in Co-op too? Say I was playing the game with a friend and I FC'ed the songs in question, would he also get the Secret Notes achievements?

Hi Callum, we've met before, how are you?

Just as in GH5, two or more people counts as a band

So band scoring applies and your performances and scores combine

If you get an FC and your mate 99% or less you both recieve the band average score, star rating and performance percentage

This works against you both, because your FC does not count for you or your mate (you've been rounded down to the band average)

So not only would he not get your note achieve, you won't get it either

As a band all players need an FC for the band to score 100%

Then each member will get their note achieve

You can still pass and leach bonus stars like in GH5

I suggest doing it alone, otherwise you both need to do beginner fans, which is no fun

Hope this helps

The fan emits a regular noise and vibration which the game detects as a kind of 'flatline' passing through the middle of the note runway

You are therfore playing with a fixed pitch and tone

Only notes or parts of them that intersect that line will be picked up by the game

Usually the pickup ratio is about 1 in 10

So the singing won't be "Perfect" it will actually be far far from it

With 'No Fail' activated you would score about 10% at the end of the song

As 'No Fail' disables achievements this is not an option

With 'No Fail' [Off] even on Easy you will start to fail and would be lucky to finish the song

There's no chance of fan glitching any song on Medium or higher

(Except where the song has no pitch or tone - Beastie Boys for eg.)

Plus, the whole point of getting the FC is -

100% notes hit = 100% secret notes hit

Miss too many notes, you will miss a secret one, then no achieve

So - play beginner vocals only on the fan for this to work

The fan emits a regular noise and vibration which the game detects as a kind of 'flatline' passing through the middle of the note runway

You are therfore playing with a fixed pitch and tone

Only notes or parts of them that intersect that line will be picked up by the game

Usually the pickup ratio is about 1 in 10

So the singing won't be "Perfect" it will actually be far far from it

With 'No Fail' activated you would score about 10% at the end of the song

As 'No Fail' disables achievements this is not an option

With 'No Fail' [Off] even on Easy you will start to fail and would be lucky to finish the song

There's no chance of fan glitching any song on Medium or higher

(Except where the song has no pitch or tone - Beastie Boys for eg.)

Plus, the whole point of getting the FC is -

100% notes hit = 100% secret notes hit

Miss too many notes, you will miss a secret one, then no achieve

So - play beginner vocals only on the fan for this to work

At least some music to chill out after a week in the office - cheers mate. :)

I have updated the main post to say mic works

i will also confirm that if you do use the mic on easy and just hum into it, the game picks up the humming and registers it as perfect, i did the last 3 songs (Janet Jackson, Rolling Stones, AY & Aj) and nailed it, got all achievements and the 490g one too...

so from my experience you CAN use the mic on easy and just hum in to it, that seemed to go pretty well for me....just make sure you perfect the song.....

A N Y . . . O R D E R !

A N Y . . . D I F F I C U L T Y !

C A R E E R . . . O R . . . Q U I C K P L A Y

(or BOTH mixed)

Other band members can piggyback the individual note achievements

If 1 player gets a FC all band members get that note achievement

My order was -

8 18 9 17 13 4 16 6 11 5 3 1 14 19 7 2 10 12 15+Treasure Hunt together

This wasn't working for me. I played a few songs in quick play and some in the carreer. Got all the note achievements but the 490g didn't unlock. Now replaying the songs but still not have the achievement.

This wasn't working for me. I played a few songs in quick play and some in the carreer. Got all the note achievements but the 490g didn't unlock. Now replaying the songs but still not have the achievement.

There are two achievements where the achivement pictures look similar, like this -

[15]

One is Secret Notes 15

the other is

15 Minutes Of Fame

check you have the right one bud

Other than that, it has been confirmed you can start a new save on another storage device

Just do all 19 again in Quickplay and it will unlock

Only takes another 90 mins of course

good luck

Hi Callum, we've met before, how are you?

Just as in GH5, two or more people counts as a band

So band scoring applies and your performances and scores combine

If you get an FC and your mate 99% or less you both recieve the band average score, star rating and performance percentage

This works against you both, because your FC does not count for you or your mate (you've been rounded down to the band average)

So not only would he not get your note achieve, you won't get it either

As a band all players need an FC for the band to score 100%

Then each member will get their note achieve

You can still pass and leach bonus stars like in GH5

I suggest doing it alone, otherwise you both need to do beginner fans, which is no fun

Hope this helps

Ah right, thanks. I did them all alone, but now I know not to attempt to help people with getting theirs. That kind of sucks though. :(

I must be the only person thinking why 490G for one achievement XD

Maybe Activision/Neversoft/whoever were trying their own spin on Halo 3's IWHBYD skull

"Something new and inventive, a mystery and puzzle the likes of which the gaming community has never experienced before" type of bull cr#p

When the 19th and final note is 'finally' discovered your rewards for musical greatness shall be 1 for 490G

OR

To mask the smell of the setlist and that they're milking everyone by releasing the same game twice,

is the 490G merely more rental income from score wh#res (like me) ? lol

I say grab the points then run to the hills naked

I didn't get the Treasure Hunt achievement either, and I have both Secret Notes 15 and 15 Minutes of Fame, so I'm sure I got them all. My question is whether or not I can get the achievement if I earn the achievement in competitive modes. I figure that it works fine if you earn some secret note achievements in band quickplay or band career, but I earned one or two playing pro-faceoff. So I wonder if that messed something up. I will say that it is extremely disappointing to not have the achievement right now, especially since you have to play a lot of songs that are (IMO) not very fun to play. Oh well.

I didn't get the Treasure Hunt achievement either, and I have both Secret Notes 15 and 15 Minutes of Fame, so I'm sure I got them all. My question is whether or not I can get the achievement if I earn the achievement in competitive modes. I figure that it works fine if you earn some secret note achievements in band quickplay or band career, but I earned one or two playing pro-faceoff. So I wonder if that messed something up. I will say that it is extremely disappointing to not have the achievement right now, especially since you have to play a lot of songs that are (IMO) not very fun to play. Oh well.

You're the third person to report that here

Lets hope a trend isn't developing

The first guy this happened to replayed all 19 on a new save on a different storage device which then unglitched it

Hope you get it, if not plz report back here and I'll start a glitch post and try get it stickied

For the record, I started in career and got about 4 or 5 secret achieves there before switching to Quickplay, where I got the rest including 'Treasure Hunt'

So mixing modes worked for me on my main gold account

Then I tested the method I posted here on a silver account and also a local profile

My sucess rate for Treasure Hunt is 3 out of 3

You're the third person to report that here

Lets hope a trend isn't developing

The first guy this happened to replayed all 19 on a new save on a different storage device which then unglitched it

Hope you get it, if not plz report back here and I'll start a glitch post and try get it stickied

For the record, I started in career and got about 4 or 5 secret achieves there before switching to Quickplay, where I got the rest including 'Treasure Hunt'

So mixing modes worked for me on my main gold account

Then I tested the method I posted here on a silver account and also a local profile

My sucess rate for Treasure Hunt is 3 out of 3

but even if the other different storage will work. Isn't it still glichty ? There will be more people like me who don't have a second storage, I think it should unlock when you get al the secret notes. I have play them all again in career and still don't have the achievement. :(

EDIT! Finally I got it. after I did all the 19 songs 3 times.

Edited by missiloon

Ah right, thanks. I did them all alone, but now I know not to attempt to help people with getting theirs. That kind of sucks though. :(

You can do it in co-op, but I haven't tried it with another person signed into his or her account. For example, I have got all my secret notes while playing with my girlfriend. I played on guitar and she played on microphone. Sometimes she would get 75-90% and I would still get the secret note achievement.