Upcoming Mutations (Spoilers kinda)

rickr304

If you don't know, modders have already uncovered (and made playable) a lot of the upcoming mutations planned by Valve.

If you don't know the list, and want to stay surprised, stop reading now.

Otherwise, here they are:

-

-

Chainsaws (coop) - Everyone starts with a Chainsaw (unlimited fuel) and a pistol (unlimited ammo), there aren't any other kinds of weapons spawning, so it's just what you have at the beginning.

Four Swordsmen (coop) - Kinda like Chainsaws, except you start with katanas and no pistols, and there are only S.I., no Commons.

Hardcore (coop) -If everyone dies, you have to restart the campaign, so no restarting maps, you have to restart the whole thing!

Headshot Only (coop) - Self descriptive, commons only die with headshots.

Last Man On Earth (singleplayer) - It's you... against the S.I. (extremely scary)

M60s (coop) - Survivors start with only M60s (limited ammo) and a Desert Eagle, once you run out of ammo, you're screwed.

Max Specials (survival) - It's survival, with 8 S.I. at any given time!

Bleed Out/Temp Health (coop) - Everyone starts with 100 decaying health (pills-like), there are no medkits, only pills and adrenaline.

Protect the VIP aka Gnome (coop, versus) -There is a gnome next to you at the beginning, carry it through the campaign, person carrying the gnome can't use weapons and the gnome attracts infected!

Realism Versus (versus) - You already know what this is, versus with realism modifications.

Linear Scavenge (scavenge) - 2 Cans spawn, get those 2 in and 2 more spawn, proceed...

No Health Versus (versus) - No medkits, no pills, no adrenaline.

Versus Survival (survival) - Self Descriptive, it's a lot of fun.

-

So what do you guys think of these? What are your favorites/least favorites? Which ones do you think have great potential and which ones look awful?

Personally, I feel like headshots only will be awesome. And Protect the VIP could be very cool, among a few others.

But there are also some I think look awful. Last man on earth single player??? Those games will last five seconds before a smoker grabs you from a rooftop before you even knew he was there. Hardcore seems especially frustrating, getting all the way to the finale, then having to restart. And Max Specials? 8 SI at once in survival? You whole team can get jockeyed/huntered/smoked/charged at once! With four other SI left over!

Personally, I'm a little disappointed because it looks like Realism Versus is the best one. And we got that one first. I was hoping mutations would only get BETTER, not worse.

What do you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...