Focused, Obsessive & Committed. [Updated]

So with the pesky 'Remember Sept '44' achievement out the way i finally decided to slug my way through the story mode and finally finish this game off.

That was until i read the Achievement Guide as well as multiple other guides on the internet about the quickest way to earn these achievements, only to find out that they were all out of date and been rendered unreliable. So i decided to make my own mini-guide for these devil spawn achievements.

Achievements That Will Be Earned

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/331/UPnyc1g=.jpg Focused 25:gsicon:

While Connected to Xbox LIVE, Play the Game Once A Day For 7 Days

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/331/UPgSi8s=.jpgCommitted 50:gsicon:

While Connected to Xbox LIVE, Play the Game Once A Week for Three Months

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/331/UPxQmKE=.jpgObsessive 100:gsicon:

While Connected to Xbox LIVE, Play the Game Once A Day For 100 Days

The quickest and easiest way to unlock these achievements is to change the time zone settings on your Xbox 360 to trick the game into thinking you are alternating between days. It can be done on any day at any time and you do not need to be connected to Xbox LIVE to do it.

However, the best time to do this is on a Sunday evening. This is the best time because the game's goes into it's next week on Sunday's at 12AM (Night Time). Doing it at this time will unlock all the above achievements.

So here is what you actually need to do:

1. Go to 'System Settings' on your 360's dashboard.
  2. Go to 'Console Settings' & then Go to Clock.
  3. Change the time zone so it goes to GMT+14.
  4. Load up BIA:HH and then at the main screen press :start:
  5. Now hit the guide button and then press :ybut: to go the dashboard.
  6. Repeat ''Step 1 & Step 2''. But change your time zone to GMT-12.
  7. Now repeat ''Step 4''.

Once you have done all of that it will be recorded as one day. Now repeat this process 7 more times and you will unlock 'Focused' achievement.

If you are doing this on a Sunday afternoon/evening then after 12 times you will unlock the 'Committed' achievement.

Repeating all 7 steps 100 times will unlock you the 'Obsessive' achievement.

Tips/Troubleshooting

On the 'Clock' menu it will show you the current date, after you have chosen the GMT-12 choice the date should be correct. After you have changed the time zone to GMT+14 then it should show an incorrect date. (The next day).

So for example i was doing this on 28th Sept.- When i changed to GMT-12 the date was still 28th Sept. - When i changed the date to GMT+14 it showed 29th Sept.

I've done my best to explain everything clearly and thoughroughly, if you are still unsure about these achievements the don't hesitate to PM/Leave a visitor message/Post in this thread.

Also, please leave any feedback and comments.

Edited by Agent Aero

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

6th july 2013 @ 0700 gmt I did the time zone switching and got 'Focused' after 7 goes.Done it over 12 times but no 'Committed' so will carry on trying for 'Obsessive'.

'Obesessive' unlocked also using this method.I will try Sun pm for 'Committed' and will post the results to clarify what day is counted as the end/start of the week.

Edited by Mc1ovin11
updated

I tried this on Sunday Night going into Monday and Monday going into Tuesday neither day worked for me for the three month achievement. However, this CANNOT be done offline. I tried disconnected from live and change the time zones but the date does not automatically change and it does not work at all.

I'm going to try every day this week just to be sure what day of the week it is here in 2013, since some are reporting Saturday into Sunday doesn't work for them.

Edit after a week. I have tried it every day this week and the weekly change for the Committed is to be done on a Saturday going into a Sunday. The time of day does not matter as long as the week changes. Saturdays going into a Sunday are the way to get this achievement. Just make sure the time zone change does not push you back into Friday.

Today is the 13th. I changed my clock to +14 and it made my time zone Sunday the 14th. I would launch the game, press start, and then dashboard out. I would then change my time zone to -12 and it would make it the 13th again which is a Saturday this year. Launch the game press start so the man turns his head and then dashboard out. Rinse and repeat till the achievements pop.

Hope this helps.

Edited by jkbd33

Woah, just got OBSESSIVE today, but no COMMITTED! For the past 3 days I have done the time zone switch around 20-30 times and just got OBSESSIVE!

I tried to make sure to not miss a day, say you are at 23:59 and new timezone makes it go to 0:00 but a full day later, I tried to not let that happen, if that makes sense.

I don't know. I just stayed persistent with it..

• 2 weeks later...

From GMT+8 region. I managed to get Committed on a Sunday after about 12 switches.

Had no problems with switching the 100 days over three days. Did 30, 40 and 30. Achievement unlocked.

The only problem I had was to try to do this legit, and did not even get a single achievement after loading and playing the game 10 days in a row. Not even the 7-day.

• 2 weeks later...

Committed achievement gained on Sunday 4th August 2013 around 6.45 pm.

Used the same methods as previous, swapping from +14 Kiribati and then to -12 Tokelau.

Tried many different days myself, but this particular date unlocked the achievement.

Edited by Sk1ppy73

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...