Can you unlock Back to Your Roots and Itchy Feet in the same season?

ian333333

No you can't to them in one season unfortunately.

It says "five different teams" and as you already said - you can only change 4 times :S

Caterham - Lotus - Ferarri - McLaren - Red Bull (for example)

For Back to your roots you have to do 4 races again (since season challenge stops after 10 races and you have to start from scratch)...

Caterham - Lotus - Caterham

Could also work the Loyalty cheev in too. 10 race season, right? Race first 6 for same team. Copy that save onto a memory card. Change team for 7th race. After race, turn off autosave and change back to original team. Cheev unlocked. Reload save, turn autosave back on and race the last 3 races for 3 different teams making sure not to duplicate. Cheev unlocked. Not reload the memory card save and play out the season for that team for the last cheev.

Could also work the Loyalty cheev in too. 10 race season, right? Race first 6 for same team. Copy that save onto a memory card. Change team for 7th race. After race, turn off autosave and change back to original team. Cheev unlocked. Reload save, turn autosave back on and race the last 3 races for 3 different teams making sure not to duplicate. Cheev unlocked. Not reload the memory card save and play out the season for that team for the last cheev.

Is it possible to change your team every race? When I did it on hard difficulty I had to beat each opponent on two different races, thus making five different teams the maximum. Save game transferring is helpful for speeding up Back to Your Roots, but I thought you would at least have to play another entire season, either for Itchy Feet or for Staying Loyal.

You can do this is one season without save tricks. There are 10 races in Season Challenge and you can change after 2 races up to race 8 so I did it like this.

Started with Caterham, 2 races then to Williams, 2 races then to Lotus, 2 races then to McLaren, 2 races then to Ferrari.

How does that get you ' Back to Your Roots'?

You are not really saving any time by disabling saves, and going back to an old save, as you are basically doing the same amount of races in the end regardless.

If you do all achievements in seperate seasons you will end up with 22 races.

8 races + qualifying for race 9 to get Itchy Feet.

10 races for Staying Loval.

4 races (+ qualifying?) for Back to Your Roots.

Let's say you start Season Challenge for Caterham and choose Bruno Senna as your rival. Then you finish the first 2 races and beat him so you will be offered a contract to drive for Williams. At this point, if you copy your save, there are three options to continue.

1. Accept the offer and go for Itchy Feet. You will have to do another 6 races and the qualifying for race 9.

2. Deny the offer and go for Staying Loyal. You will have to do another 8 races.

3. Accept the offer but choose Petrov or Kovalainen as rival. You won't be able to get Itchy Feet following this path, but it should net you Back to Your Roots after 2 additional races.

So basically you avoid 2 races per each achievement other than the one you're orginally going for and will end up with 18 races instead of 22.

I need to admit that I don't know when exactly Back to Your Roots or Staying Loyal pops, but it shouldn't make a difference concerning the matter.

Edited by NeoYggdrasill

You basically only need 14 races imho.

1 complete season for Hard, Win every race and Itchy Feet.

For Staying loyal it is enough to just drive in the pits in Q and drive in the opposite direction in the race to get DQed. Do this 10 times and you proved your loyalty. ;)

And then again 4 races to get back to your first team in season 3.

Season challenge done!