MP stats save on server or gamesave?

Gunstar Chaos

its both , first it saves to xbox and then when you connect to server it updates your info on start menu

so if you have clean harddrive when you connect to game it downloads your last upload stats

that why if your get a error and that puts back to rank 1 you goto dashboard and delete files off xbox then reconnect for last stats you played with because if you connect with rank 1 or lower level stat file it writes over your high level

hope that makes sense lol

All stats toward medals are saved on your storage device and can be lost/ become corrupt.

Yep, that is the major issue... also why people should use cloud/usb backup every time they have played more than a few hours! (I alternate between each daily so that I am never far behind in the event of another reset!)

• 3 weeks later...
SO there is no way of getting your rank bank if you haven't backed up?

Nope. I recommend returning to the title screen before switching games or getting offline to avoid being reset. That's what I've been doing and it's been working thus far. Also, if your Xbox 360 ever freezes during a game, return to the dashboard and make sure your Player Data save file isn't corrupted before re-booting the game. If it is, delete it and select the backup file from your other storage device.