Quickest Way to 7500 Item Drops??

D4B0MB1N4T10N

Dude, if you find out, you've got to let me know, too. I only have a few achievements left and two of them are that 7,500 item drops and the 1,000 runes. Just how long does that take?!?! And why isn't there some kind of counter that tells you how many drops you've had? It keeps track of a lot of other info so why not that?

Dude, if you find out, you've got to let me know, too. I only have a few achievements left and two of them are that 7,500 item drops and the 1,000 runes. Just how long does that take?!?! And why isn't there some kind of counter that tells you how many drops you've had? It keeps track of a lot of other info so why not that?

if you go to the leaderboards, and change it to item drops, you can see how many you've got, and can sort by week, month, or all time.

btw, i simply dont feel like playing thru it again for hours, i just want this and then im done with the game, FOREVER!!!!

and then i can also add it to my sig! :p

I got my last thousand drops to 7,500 by buying items in the shop. Confirmed-

ok, so do u have to get rid of any updates to do that? i tried it, but it only said 3 drops for the week, which were when i loaded the game and killed a couple guys before going back to to city.

bought a bunch of those color modules and it didnt apply them to my total.

I dont think buying stuff counts towards the item drop achievement, but I have been wrong before.

Buying the colour module does count towards the runes achievement though.

My opinion is play the game, it will come with time whilst you are getting your elite set.

Does buying stuff count drop towards the 'item drop' and '1000 runes' achievements? I would've been doing that since the beginning if I'd known that...so why didn't they just put 'collect 7500 items/1000 runes'?

• 3 weeks later...
ok, so do u have to get rid of any updates to do that? i tried it, but it only said 3 drops for the week, which were when i loaded the game and killed a couple guys before going back to to city.

bought a bunch of those color modules and it didnt apply them to my total.

No, I never deleted any updates. Sometimes it takes a while for the leaderboards to updates. I highly doubt it matters which store you go to, but I personally went to the one in the weapon shop near the central hub. I just bought the same colored item repeatedly until my inventory was full, then sold them all-

I just repeated this process until the chiev popped while watching something on my other TV. It took about 2 hours, but it was my last chiev so I already some accumulated naturally-

It doesn't have to be done in 1 sitting. You can save and turn your X Box off and continue later. I did so to help a friend with another game so I know this to also be true-

I'd like to note though that in my original post I stated that I got my last 1,000 runes using this method, but I'm pretty sure it was more like my last few thousand, hence the amount of time it took me to grind out my last items in the shop-

• 2 months later...

I had (according to the leaderboards) 60 items to go. Went out and did some killing and I got around 20 items. Then I went to the shop and bought 10 runes, then my achievement popped. So I got a feeling that bounty and health drops also count towards your "items picked up".

• 3 weeks later...

confirmed yesterday 29/03/11 buying items at the store (60 colour runes at a time) counts towards the 7500. I bought my remaining 1500 items there to get the achievement. After each 60 bought I would walk away from the desk to force the game to save and then go into equipment and salvage the 60 runes which then forces another save. Rinse & repeat as much as you need to.

edit: and thats my 100% for Too Human :D

Edited by Brutus Prime
extra text

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
confirmed yesterday 29/03/11 buying items at the store (60 colour runes at a time) counts towards the 7500. I bought my remaining 1500 items there to get the achievement. After each 60 bought I would walk away from the desk to force the game to save and then go into equipment and salvage the 60 runes which then forces another save. Rinse & repeat as much as you need to.

edit: and thats my 100% for Too Human :D

confirmed method, 7/20/2011 :D I didn't walk away to save, was in the shop menu the entire time when it popped

Good luck if anyone still needs this achievement!

• 2 weeks later...