Official word on servers. Will be back up soon!

markyshizzle

Dear Mark,

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support.

We are currently upgrading Def Jam Rapstar's online infrastructure. During this process, you may experience difficulties reaching the community and store. We apologize for any inconvenience. We'll be back online soon. Thank you for your patience.

For more information please contact [email protected].

Best Regards,

Max

Konami Customer Support

Monday - Friday

8:30am PST - 5pm PST

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still nothing happening with the servers. I emailed their support a few days ago with a polite email but heard nada back, not even an auto response.

I've actually quite enjoyed playing the game so it would be nice to get the achievements but it's looking unlikely now.

It's only just been a year since release as well!

sorry guys but the word I got from the former Community Manager is that it is dead. A number of people, myself included, have been attempting to get some word for roughly three months. 2 days ago I received a msg that started w/ "im sorry what happened, it affected everyone that was here too.." so it looks like a great alternative to the other music/rhythm games has bit the dust. I'll be sure to post if I see or hear any news. Peace.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anybody get an official word on this yet? I`ve heard that it`s down for good, but this thread gave me some hope.

Sorry man, but this game is dead. They have removed their website, their FB page, and DLC off the marketplace. Everyone was fired, most still haven't found jobs again in the VG industry and probably won't. Why?? Because the morons decided to spend more money on parties and video buses than making sure the licensing all was in order on the songs they released. Hence they have been sued by EMI for using at least 40 songs that EMI has "rights" to on the game.

What a shitty ending to what could have been a great party game, but hey I guess the lesson is don't hire 4 or 5 people and staff the rest of your "office" with interns.