Disc Unreadable when loading a save from Skyrim

LushisBobby

Ok, I went to try in load a Save from skyrim in I get Disc unreadable but it has no scratches, so I went to move the skyrim save to a Usb to see if my hard drive was the issue but it not letting me it said "There was a problem performing that action"

I also have it installed to the hard drive

Ok, I went to try in load a Save from skyrim in I get Disc unreadable but it has no scratches, so I went to move the skyrim save to a Usb to see if my hard drive was the issue but it not letting me it said "There was a problem performing that action"

I also have it installed to the hard drive

You can't put files on a USB without the data transfer kit.

Also, try uninstalling the game from your HDD (and then re-installing if you really want to) and loading it up again see if this helps.

Wow that really wierd my disc has no scratches at all and I have been using the same disc ever since a month ago in when I tried to Re-install its saying "Can't read this disc. It may be scratched or dirty.

I'm not sure if its the Hard drive or it's a sign the xbox is dying or I need to get an air can in blow the dust out of the xbox.

Wow that really wierd my disc has no scratches at all and I have been using the same disc ever since a month ago in when I tried to Re-install its saying "Can't read this disc. It may be scratched or dirty.

I'm not sure if its the Hard drive or it's a sign the xbox is dying or I need to get an air can in blow the dust out of the xbox.

That is strange, the 'disc unreadable' error happened to me a few times (but not with skyrim). i just uninstalled everything related for the game in question and redownloaded/installed everything, wotked like a charm. not sure if it'll work for skyrim though.

how old is your xbox? and how many hours have you played on it?

an air can may work but let it sit for an hour after spraying, turning it on too soon will do more harm than good.

Its about 3 years old I got it in May of 2009. Usually all day I play on it

I just tried to put Halo 4 to see if my disc drive was the issue in I got an update for Halo 4 in it got halfway in it said "Can't download xbox live update, To test your connection, open System Settings and select Network Settings, Test Xbox Live Connection.

Last night I tried playing Gears 1 last night in my profile some how got corrupted when loading up gears 1 (I believe it needed the update but didn't do the update correctly but the update never showed on the screen) so I went to recover it is giving me "Sorry,Xbox live profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later." So I tried using the Usb instead of the Hard drive as the storage device for the profile in it went through.

I'd suggest using a vacuum instead of an air can to suck any dust out, rather than risk blowing dust further in. I use a vacuum on mine and it always works.

Also, the "Disc unreadable" error won't be related to any hard drive issues.

Someone over on Gamefaqs told me that Hard drives are Disc and when I was searching google about the Profile corruption someone had the similar issue in he said that his Hard drive was dying, Thats why I thought it might be the hard drive.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/64922536

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/p/384474/1964955.aspx#1964955

This is a hard drive issue for sure.

I'd say your Xbox is on it's way out buddy. To be fair, if it's 3 years old and you play it to death every day I think it's had a good run. Not an awful lot you can do about it other than fork out some cash and get another one :(

Probably is a hard drive issue, make sure all the autosaves are deleted off skyrim, transfer the saves to the 'Cloud'. Delete all the system cache and also re install DLC, and re install Skyrim to the Hard Drive.

I would strongly recommend getting another hard drive, just because over time the data does get destroyed in the process of the Hard Drive dying. Maybe just pick one up on Ebay for $50 dollars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I had the same issues a couple times, in my case deleting all three autosaves worked. Apparently they got corrupted and prevented the game from working properly.

I had a hunch this was the problem. I accidentally ejected the disc just after a zone and I am guessing that corrupted the save before it was finished. Just deleted the last autosave file and viola! Worked immediately! Thanks for the help! :woop: