Grim Reaper achievement: Golem strategy Nightmare

Ackter

Step 1. Set all your regular team to heal themselves with strongest possible potion after dropping past 25% health

Step 2. Take control of the Golem

Step 3. Assign Group heal to X

Step 4. Assign Revive to Y

Step 5. Hit the Harvester once to get everyone targetting him

Step 6. Go and stand next to the switch and press D-Pad Up to hit it when available

Step 7. Group heal whenever possible

Step 8. Revive when needed (you shouldn't need it)

Step 9. Flawless Victory :cool:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ackter the Golem strategy work like a dream the only thing I had to change is that I had to walk around a bit because the skeletons that spawned near the switch ganged up and went for me which wasn’t a big deal oh and on my first try I forgot about friendly fire and kill my teams with the rock throw (my bad) other than that no problems.

Thanks for this. I was having a hard time getting past the 1st part of this boss fight. During the second phase I got targeted by skeletons so I swapped over to my rogue character and put on endure hardship and kept sucking down stamina potions :) Again thank you.

Thanks Ackter the Golem strategy work like a dream the only thing I had to change is that I had to walk around a bit because the skeletons that spawned near the switch ganged up and went for me which wasn’t a big deal oh and on my first try I forgot about friendly fire and kill my teams with the rock throw (my bad) other than that no problems.

If you have the Dwarf Warrior specced up with the "look at me" talents then none of the skeletons will even look at the Golem. If your main character is a Warrior as well then even better.

I'd suggest two Champion Reavers with the Warden being a dual wielder as the best set up (though make sure to turn off the Reaver buffs from their tactics or their health will drop in seconds - its the passive Reaver skills that are important).

I make it through the first part fine but some how get over whelmed by the skels in the second part... No clue why either.

Have a look at my last post as the best way around this. Also make sure to never miss hitting a switch or it'll be much more difficult.

Not such a flawless victory. Works a treat for the first three quarters of the first fight, but once the skeletons start respawning straight after you flick the switch they all chase my golem and he's dead within a few hits. I very rarely make it to where you're just fighting the head and if I do, Golem is never alive.

Not such a flawless victory. Works a treat for the first three quarters of the first fight, but once the skeletons start respawning straight after you flick the switch they all chase my golem and he's dead within a few hits. I very rarely make it to where you're just fighting the head and if I do, Golem is never alive.

Then you're doing something wrong - read my reply to someone a few posts up as the best way to avoid this from happening.

Though to note, first time I did this I used two rogues and a warrior so it's easily possible without the double warrior thing.

• 1 month later...

I tried this and it worked perfectly. I did it with my level 30 rogue from Awakenings. I respecced the warrior so he'd have taunt (for some reason he didn't), set the tactics for everyone to self-heal at 75%, and that's about it. During the fight, no one came to close to dying. I used the switch everytime it popped (it's up on the dpad and "A", btw, not just up) and used group heal everytime it came up, even though I didn't really need to each time.

Thanks for posting the strategy; I was being helplessly owned over and over, and this strategy worked perfectly. I only wish I tried it first and saved myself a load of time.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finally did this, thanks to the help in this thread. For me the key was following the OP's method, while setting the 75% threshold on healing mentioned by the 2nd poster, using the golem's flame weapon ability, and making sure I got all my guys interested in attacking the second form (every other time I tried everyone kept getting tangled up in the skeletons and ignored the Harvester after he changed.) Thanks to everyone!

Great strategy, and it worked perfectly. I too set my party to use the least powerful potions if their health dipped below 75%, though this seemed to negate the use of the most powerful potions if their health dipped below 25%. The rogue dwarf was popping potions like it was water.

• 2 weeks later...