Pathetic Review...

from OXM.

http://www.oxmonline.com/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-generations-review

Two paragraphs and one line? This is what passes for a professional review? Mind you this doesn't affect my view on the game, I already bought Saturday. Not only is this review super short and lacking detail and depth but just wrong

" Generations lacks depth: bouts often devolve into who can escape and button-mash to counter first"

First Generations doesn't lack depth, anyone who takes the time to understand the game can see there a many ways to go about your battles. As for fights turning into escaping and button mashing to counter first, that all comes down to the type of players who play that way. Who either don't know how to do anything else or who just rely on playing this way because they rather not take risk. Just like the Street Fighter players who only rely on Hadokens and Shoryukens spamming to get easy wins.

"Meanwhile, the online-versus options are bare-bones, with the only frill being a replay-recording feature."

Really bare-bones? This game allows you to choose between Ranked Matches, Player Matches, Custom Ranked Matches which allow you to wager your battle points, Tournament mode, the ability to customize you ninja tools loadouts, the replay function as well as the equipping Ninja Cards which offer different boosts to your ninja's attributes.

This review is really pathetic. Nothing is stated about the quality of the sound in the game, how online runs in terms of lag, how the story mode fairs, nothing about the stages or voice acting. It feels like this reviewer hardly played the game, or hardly cared for the series before getting the game for review.

Thoughts?

Edited by Bajan Elite

Why do people even read reviews? I just watch Youtube gameplay to see what kind of a game it is. E.g. I picked up Soul Caliber IV once thinking it was going to be like a N3 Ninety Nine Nights game. It ended up being a Marvel vs Capcom type game. Ever since, I look at what kind of a game it is on youtube, but other than that, I just go and pick it up.

Seriously, if a guy gets excited from looking at unclothed male monkies, and then goes on the internet to write a review about it, a REALLY GOOD REVIEW, like, "OH MY GOD! You know how super hawt those male monkies look? Like, gorgeous, uh" would you really go buy yourself a monkey? On the other hand, if you looked at a youtube video, and really thought, " "OH MY GOD! You know how super hawt those male monkies look? Like, gorgeous, uh" to yourself, then you SHOULD probably go buy yourself a monkey (or maybe not...male monkey, I am scared for your safety).