Seriously what is it with the online community?

To begin with, I'm not brilliant at fighting games, in fact I pretty much suck, I mean I have a 5 win 11 lose record. But I managed to scrape a win (just) by pure luck in my opinion.Then the guy who lost to me had the nerve to send me an inbox message saying "nice spam", when in fact it was the best match I have had. People spam me but I don't inbox them moaning.Anyone else had similar problems?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To begin with, I'm not brilliant at fighting games, in fact I pretty much suck, I mean I have a 5 win 11 lose record. But I managed to scrape a win (just) by pure luck in my opinion.Then the guy who lost to me had the nerve to send me an inbox message saying "nice spam", when in fact it was the best match I have had. People spam me but I don't inbox them moaning.Anyone else had similar problems?

I've had people like this in Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 and Soul Calibur IV. This guy quit on me just as I was about to destroy him in my Awakened form in UNS2 and then he messages me like I'm the one who pp'd. In SCIV I had this game where the connection was so bad that we were fighting in slow motion, afterwards the guy called me a bunch of very mean things and said that he could beat me if I wasn't cheating. I pointed out that I was moving in slow motion too and never heard from him again.

Honestly I think that there are worse examples of online communities. DOTA, LOL and HON have the worst players in history in terms of acceptance of new people, and Gears of War always has whining morons that say you're cheating all the time. Maybe if Epic actually knew how to make shotguns the slightest bit consistent they wouldn't have those problems, but what do i know?

Never let sore losers get to you on X-Box Live.

We've all received these messages one time or another so don't take it personally. That's what the block button is for!

To Foxhound300: Yeah I had the same problem on Naruto UNS2, I won a match and the guy quit on me at last second, it really angered me but I didn't send him any hate mail, as much as I felt like it.

Yeah I agree, I sometimes just let it get to me because I want to have fun on this game but idiots like that won't let me.Sure my record maybe 15 loses now but its gonna be alot more than that in time to come lol. I just had a match now where a guy just spammed Taskmaster and Dr.Doom's beam attacks all the way through, I almost beat him but he used Dr.Doom's hyper attack and beat me.

If you ask me CoD is the biggest culprit of crap like this. A friend was telling me they recently took to calling people hard scopers because they actually take the time to aim rather than shooting from the hip or using the systems auto aim system. Not to mention whenever I'd play if it wasn't with a bunch of friends messages and trash talking was coming from all directions. That's why I stopped playing games online really....

Anyways back on topic, don't let it bother you. It's obvious the guy was mad that he lost and had to come up with some excuse to blow off some steam. I won't lie I am a spammer to an extent (I tend to spam 14 hit combos instead though and use them only when the opportunity presents itself) and I haven't gotten messages like that though. In fact I've gotten quite the opposite. I got a message from the guy congratulating me on the fight and commenting on how close it was. After a small conversation he sent me a friend request.

Normally from my experience in the past that is generally how the fighting community is. Ranked matches can be a different story though.

Agree with the guy above me, CoD is the worst for this kind of stuff. Anyway if they get all butt hurt about losing ,why even play in the first place. It just goes to show too much people think thier the best at everything nowadays. It's like real life fights even the biggest guy can lost to the smallest, all it take is "one".

Edited by TuMaBlAcK

I wish they'd just let you shut off messages from people who aren't on your friend's list. . . but its either messages by everyone or no messages at all.

I get it in every game. . . acusations of rushing, camping, cheating, modding, boosting. The list goes on and on but normally I send them some sarcastic message back and then block communications. . . I dont have time for this grammer school BS lemme play my game in peace.

something i notice during playing ninja storm 2 i had it for the ps3 and no i played every quite .. my friends say they barley see rage quiters on fighting games for the ps3 .. but soul calibur servers were pretty bad in my opinion ..

I've had people like this in Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 and Soul Calibur IV. This guy quit on me just as I was about to destroy him in my Awakened form in UNS2 and then he messages me like I'm the one who pp'd. In SCIV I had this game where the connection was so bad that we were fighting in slow motion, afterwards the guy called me a bunch of very mean things and said that he could beat me if I wasn't cheating. I pointed out that I was moving in slow motion too and never heard from him again.

Honestly I think that there are worse examples of online communities. DOTA, LOL and HON have the worst players in history in terms of acceptance of new people, and Gears of War always has whining morons that say you're cheating all the time. Maybe if Epic actually knew how to make shotguns the slightest bit consistent they wouldn't have those problems, but what do i know?

he's now an avoided player. That's really all you can do in those situations. Just say they lack skill and hopefully you will never be paired with them again.

I played a few more matches before I went to bed, I played against a 9th Lord who was a spammer but I managed to beat him, without spamming, I managed to time my jumping just right to get over his beam attacks, I didn't get no nasty messages and I was pretty happy because I discovered he was just over a 1000 in World Rank. Then I faced another 9th Lord, he too was a spammer who liked to use Dante, Storm and Sentinel, I couldn't get near the guy, everytime I tried to get near him, he ran away and wouldn't let me near him. So I lost and was tempted to message him saying "RUN AWAY!" but I didn't, I made him an avoided player, I then goes to play ranked match again and I end up fighting the guy I just unpreffered, he did the same thing and beat me. It saddens me to know that most of the highest ranking people on the leader boards are spammers, it just takes away all the fun, I have an hard time getting into playing online multiplayer as it is and this just makes it worse.

I think the funniest thing about mvc3 at the moment is people getting angrypants'd when there spamming tactic fails monumentally and they blame you for out-spamming them.

Or you trade their projectile spamming for constant physical licks that they just cant seem to run away from..

Either way, you will never please anyone no matter how you win, so only please yourself.

I just get frustrated with spammers because I'm so terrible pretty much anyone can beat me. I do however give props to people who just melt my face with an awesome combo. I'm tempted just to sit in lobbies and play away from ranked so far those have been friendlier. My only complaint is I can't watch the fight going on.

I know what you mean, My lose ratio is bad and when someone faces me and sees that they must think their in for an easy match which in fact they are xD I must admit I've had many close matches where they have got the first hit in to beat me and I understand that but when its just spamming missiles and beams and stuff I ain't interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the worst community I have ever had to deal with on Xbox Live is the racist, idiotic, douchebags, over at GTA4 online. Seriously all I hear on that game is N-word this N-word that and 8 yr old children threatening to kill everyone in lobbies and what not. Also i never seen a game where the host of a match gets treated so badly. If you don't choose the slightest game mode or rules. The entire lobby bitches at you and kicks you out of your own room. Then someone else becomes the host and the process just repeats itself inti'll no one is left in the lobby anymore. Terrible online community and a terrible way for Rockstar to handle the online mode in general. Thank god Red Dead Redemption is better though, so at least Rockstar is learning from their mistakes.

Edited by OtakuSlave
typo

My record is now 13 wins 28 loses xD it just gets worse, am gonna give the online a break for awahile and practice I think.

haha I am 50 and like 148,

ragequit on my end =0

spam on my end=0

fan mail sent by me =0

Not being a turd on-line = PRICELESS

Its not that bad, people like to have to reason for their loss, thats all... I still remember my first win in ranked SSFIV. I had Dahlsim against a Zangief player, I keep zoning him with fireballs and limbs, scraped out the win, then i got this msg "you suck noob! quit camping :-(" thats when you send back "GG" and keep on truckin...

Well, me personally as soon as someone starts spamming I stop playing and use the time to give them a negative review. My record is 4 and 150+ at this point, if that gives any indication of how many spammers I run into lol. I just don't want to get stuck with all the ragequitters. I do love it though when they message me and say "Why don't u play?" My simple response is that spammers aren't worth the energy to pick up the controller. Usually makes them VERY mad :)