Mass Effect 3

SketchPanic

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sry i think ur an imbesil and you need to go back and play ME1 again. all protheans are dead and only a few survived which eventually died anyways after making he beacons. any other protheans that the reapers took were created and "reprogrammed" to the collectors. sry but hate to burst your bubble

No need for name calling and I never remember them saying that ALL the Protheans died after making the beacons. If memory serves me right they were all under suspended animation on Ilos, to which 3/4 of them were killed off to insure there was enough life support left to keep the most important and brightest ones alive for quite a while.

No need for name calling and I never remember them saying that ALL the Protheans died after making the beacons. If memory serves me right they were all under suspended animation on Ilos, to which 3/4 of them were killed off to insure there was enough life support left to keep the most important and brightest ones alive for quite a while.
u really need to play ME1 again the VI says that they didnt live long after making the beacons becuz it took so long for life to repopulate itself.

u really need to play ME1 again the VI says that they didnt live long after making the beacons becuz it took so long for life to repopulate itself.

We're talking about fiction here, so everything is possible.

In both games we get very little information about the Protheans and all the information we get is from old Prothean artifacts.

If a race want to hide from extinction, they'll probably not leaving a roadmap where you can find them ;)

Do you have any idea how big space is? It's too big for human understanding. The best way I ever heard it explained is to count every grain of sand on earth and imagine that these are stars in space.

When a species want to hide in space, till they know how to defeat their nemesis, they will find a good place to hide.

And about you continues remarks, that people really should play Mass Effect again; I played it 4 times, but I'll probably play it once again, just to see how different choices affect my ME:2 experience, not for any reasons about the story you come up with in this thread.

Spoilers Galore: Don't hate me for it, it is an ME3 thread after all.

Surprised nobody referenced the derelict reaper. Being "killed" by a race that was systematically wiped out. Possibly something like that.

Not even a mention of the Collector base choice to either destroy/keep it

I'm really hoping they give a lot of back story to the Reapers. Like why they eradicate races, who made them. Plus, we should be seeing different style Reapers given the way they are "born." Wouldn't doubt it if we had to fight, you guessed it, more Husks but wait...Batarian, Turian, and Asari husks! Oh joy!

Hopefully no plot holes. IE: GARDIAN turrets on Horizon were able to damage the Collector's vessel and the Turian's now have the Thanix cannon which will likely go into Mass-Production.

And like Sovereign said, they used the Mass Relays to "control evolution" as in all races would develop tech based on them, so the Reapers would have an edge. So it's likely they'll find some technology stowed away by one of the exterminated races that will help them.

OH! I just got a thought! Sovereign commented "We are Legion." On Virmire...So there might be multiple beings within a Reaper just like Legion! So there's definitely going to be something on that.

OH! I just got a thought! Sovereign commented "We are Legion." On Virmire...So there might be multiple beings within a Reaper just like Legion! So there's definitely going to be something on that.

yes i was thinking about keep/destroy the collector base since...

if you destroy it, seberus doesn't supourt you anymore and maybe in mass effect 3 you won't have all that cool collector technology (i mean c'mon isn't the collector pulse rifle the best heavy weapon in the game)

if you keep it, maybe the collectors will take it back over and just continued where they left of? and i almost forget to mention the "indoctronation" what if the collector base has the same kind of indoctornation technology like sovereign and the reapers?

or you will get all sorts of cool technology...

BTW; what did you do? i destroyed it, maybe ill keep it next playtrough:P?

and what if legion is still an evil geth or is somehow connected to sovereign?

since they are legion:P? (yes i am aware of the fact that EDI picked the name for him).

I know it's a little early to be talking about Mass Effect 3 but I was wondering what the X360A Community thought about how the next installment will pan out...

-Will you only be facing the Reaper Menace?

-What role will the Illusive Man play in ME3?

-What happens to your party from ME1 & ME2?

-Will they stick to the more 3rd Person Shooter style game play, or yet again try something new?

-How would they start ME3 if your Shepard died at the end?

-Will [insert ME1 Romance Character] and [insert ME2 Romance Character] get into a cat/man fight over Fem/Male Shepard with Joker as Special Guest Referee?

how about we start talking about mass effect 8

and if you are a male character and you "made love" with ashley...

on horizon she tells you she doesn't want to join you cause you're a Ceberus agent now.

but if you destroy the Collector base, cerberus is quite happy and than shepperd is like well F U... so you arent quite ceberus anymore and maybe ashley will rejoin?

Some years later,

The Illusive Man will be contacted by Sovreign and a deal will be struck. Sovreign will spare Humanity if the other sentient races are betrayed to the Reapers. Simple.

So our Hero will spend the whole game gathering allies and fleets to fight the Reaper Invasion. These fleets will gather at a place where they will be destroyed in one huge space battle and render the rest of the galaxy defenseless. The reapers will exterminate all sentient life and Humanity will be enslaved to fill the spot left by the Protheans/Collectors.

See you in 50,000 years. Game Over!

And they would have gotten away with it if only Shepard hadn't seen right through the Illusive Man's B.S.

Shepard has to die at the end.

The Illusive Man will be contacted by Sovereign...

...who's talking from the grave, apparently. Do you mean Harbinger?

I'm pretty sure we can agree one thing will happen: saying "I told you so!" to the council, regardless of their reaction. I'm really looking forward to that.

I would just like the chance to punch Udina in the face, myself this time, regardless of whether it will cost me potential paragon points or not. The guy is a pompous ass. While I'm at it, I wouldn't mind punching the Turian councilman in the face either. His anti-human attitude was getting on my nerves. lol

I would just like the chance to punch Udina in the face, myself this time, regardless of whether it will cost me potential paragon points or not. The guy is a pompous ass. While I'm at it, I wouldn't mind punching the Turian councilman in the face either. His anti-human attitude was getting on my nerves. lol

And THAT is why I destroyed the Council. ;)

Spoilers Galore: Don't hate me for it, it is an ME3 thread after all.

Surprised nobody referenced the derelict reaper. Being "killed" by a race that was systematically wiped out. Possibly something like that.

I'm really hoping they give a lot of back story to the Reapers. Like why they eradicate races, who made them. Plus, we should be seeing different style Reapers given the way they are "born." Wouldn't doubt it if we had to fight, you guessed it, more Husks but wait...Batarian, Turian, and Asari husks! Oh joy!

Hopefully no plot holes. IE: GARDIAN turrets on Horizon were able to damage the Collector's vessel and the Turian's now have the Thanix cannon which will likely go into Mass-Production.

And like Sovereign said, they used the Mass Relays to "control evolution" as in all races would develop tech based on them, so the Reapers would have an edge. So it's likely they'll find some technology stowed away by one of the exterminated races that will help them.

How old was that derelict Reaper anyways? Did the Protheans take it out? As far as the Collector base choice, I think it just effects whether you have Cerberus support from the beginning of ME3 or not. I can't see anything good coming from keeping the base though.

A lot of back story to the Reaper menace would be much appreciated. I understand that little is known about their existence, but hopefully you find out more about them throughout the course of ME3.

Fighting multiple Reapers throughout the main story seems unlikely. Chances are your Legion theory will be the key to destroying the Reapers. You'll probably have to kill Harbinger, unless he wasn't the head Reaper, and it will cause the other Reapers to go haywire or even just die.

Finding advanced tech also sound like a scenario that would make sense, maybe finding once piece of a blueprint and then traveling from place to place to find the others to make the ultimate weapon.

The derelict was 37million years old (as estimated by Cerberus) and the Protheans were wiped out 50,000 years ago. So I'm sure the Reapers learned from their mistake. Looks like they don't exactly have a feeling of comradeship as they just left their "buddy" there. Prolly viewed him as a failure and weakling.

!

What if Legion or somebody else made a more powerful version of the virus used to rewrite the Geth to be used on the Reapers? But again, that'd probably require another trip into a Reaper.

The derelict was 37million years old (as estimated by Cerberus) and the Protheans were wiped out 50,000 years ago. So I'm sure the Reapers learned from their mistake. Looks like they don't exactly have a feeling of comradeship as they just left their "buddy" there. Prolly viewed him as a failure and weakling.

!

What if Legion or somebody else made a more powerful version of the virus used to rewrite the Geth to be used on the Reapers? But again, that'd probably require another trip into a Reaper.

Maybe, but I'm sure we all can agree such dangerously powerful beings are better off being destroyed rather than being rewritten. The Geth at least can dealt with if they ever go rogue again. Thousands of Reapers, on the other hand, would be more than even just Shepard could handle without a moments notice.

Oh man, you thought Bear Cavalry was insane... Just imagine the Geth riding around on Rachni. Now THAT would be a sight to behold. If only someone could shop such an image... Hm...

They really should be allies if you spared them, otherwise I would feel that such decisions were made in vain. That doesn't sound like something Bioware would do... Would it? D':

Also, by the end of the game, you will find out both [insert ME1 romance here] and [insert ME2 romance here] are both carrying your child if you went Male Shepard. You find out that Liara (if you chose her) is carrying your child, and/or you are with Kaiden or [insert ME2 romance here] child. The latter resulting in a Muary style maternaity test. :o

Edited by SketchPanic

Upon reflection (and reading some ideas on the bioware social network page), i have faith that Bioware will provide the ultimate experience and finale to the trilogy.

Mass Effect 3 will have most (if not all) of your ME2 survivors will return, more than cameos. ME2 was about building a team and getting to know them, with story at a minimum, now it would seem stupid to bin them all in ME3 just cuz' some people (whether out of choice/ignoranceetc) didnt let their characters survive.

Now i can understand that it'll take a phenomenal amount of voice acting when some people's 'universes' dont feature that content, but BioWare are out to please the fans, so i truly have faith that we'll get our squadmates back.

"But all my characters died" i hear you say, well maybe the 'canon'/default Shepards story mean everyone survives. (and how could you let them die in the first place?!?)

Take Thane as an example, he'll be back in ME3, because BioWare themselves love him, they wanted a new alien race that could be a love interest for a FemShep so they designed Thane first and the whole drell race around him.

Mass Effect 3 may be like Dragon Age:Origins in which you unite the galaxy's factions in order to stop the reapers, but the fans aren't going to want to spend the duration of the game recruiting again, that'd be too similar and would completely render the events of ME2 pointless, why build this team's loyalty (i know its so the suicide mission is a success), but why spend a whole game growing to care for these characters, if in the end they'll get mini cameos, because "they could have died (but for the majority of us didnt)".

I have complete faith that bioware will not let us down. *sighs* rant over, who wants cake?