Sold out what the fuck?

Hoborg

Is the collective business world run by a bunch of retards? How the fuck could they not stock enough for launch day? It's a fucking open-world zombie-rpg with co-op. That description right there screams popularity. It's what left-4-dead should have been like and it's the future of Resident Evil (Yes 6 will definitely be open-world 4 player co-op).

I'm just fucking pissed. I could have gotten it that morning but I didn't think it would sell out. Got to Kmart at noon and it was gone. Now I can only find in PS3 but seriously, who plays multiplat games on the PS3?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a PS3. I'd rather play the game when I buy it rather then install it lol

You should have pre-ordered it. Everyone was giving away great pre order bonuses in Australia. Controllers, headsets, DLC... I was so surprised we only got 9 pre orders at work and we've had about 40 people ask for it since we sold out. I don't get how people don't see the benefit of pre-ordering. If you change your mind, you get your money back, and it ensures you a copy + whatever freebies that come with.

Techland do not have the same kind of funds that Activision, Microsoft, EA and EPIC have. They would have decided on a certain amount of discs manufactured, hoping that it would be enough to cover initial demand. They can only do what they can afford.

I imagine that they are as shocked as you are as I doubt they expected a huge amount of sales.

Also, there are more stores around, and this massive thing called the 'Internet', where people have been able to buy games for years that they can't find locally. I'm sure you'll be able to find the game for the same price in many other places.

Is the collective business world run by a bunch of retards? How the fuck could they not stock enough for launch day?

0% of goods unsold is pretty much what any business aims for. Whilst they undoubtedly could have sold more there was no way for them to sure.

Bottom line is you chose not to pre-order and are angry because of this, and the store is the most accessible entity to vent at.

NB: Pre-order everything you want, even if it's likely never to sell out. Covers all bases.

Glad to see people ignoring the bad press this is a gem of a game. Edge reviewing this at 3/10 is pathetic, it's blatantly immature and any respect for anything they say had gone out the window now.

3 out of 10 ? No idea what edge is, but id rate them 3 out of 10 then.-

Games is worth more and actually a pretty badass game.

Is the collective business world run by a bunch of retards? How the fuck could they not stock enough for launch day? It's a fucking open-world zombie-rpg with co-op. That description right there screams popularity. It's what left-4-dead should have been like and it's the future of Resident Evil (Yes 6 will definitely be open-world 4 player co-op).

I'm just fucking pissed. I could have gotten it that morning but I didn't think it would sell out. Got to Kmart at noon and it was gone. Now I can only find in PS3 but seriously, who plays multiplat games on the PS3?

That's why you should of pre-ordered it. You don't realize how many games are kept in the shelf bc there overstocked with it.

Yeah you seriously need to pre-order games.

From roughly now on until the end of the year, with maybe the exception of COD/BF3/ACR you should definitely pre-order any game you're wanting. As most stores will only really get in pre-order stock on day of release until say a god maybe 5 days later.

I've got roughly 24 pre-orders down :o

Yeah, I'm with SXC, you should have just pre-ordered it. I mean, shit, amazon.com has no tax and $.99 release day shipping...you can't go wrong.

I'd just like to say the no tax isn't true. There was a time like a year or so ago when I would order from Amazon with no tax, but then all of a sudden starting getting charged. I even inquired about it, and they said they had always done it, but I'm like "No, you guys didn't" but arguing with a rep gets you no where so I let it go. Btw I live in Washington state.

You should have pre-ordered it. Everyone was giving away great pre order bonuses in Australia. Controllers, headsets, DLC... I was so surprised we only got 9 pre orders at work and we've had about 40 people ask for it since we sold out. I don't get how people don't see the benefit of pre-ordering. If you change your mind, you get your money back, and it ensures you a copy + whatever freebies that come with.

In any event, you should have preordered it, if you wanted it. Only person to blame is yourself. However, on the preorder bonus issue, why in the hell did you guys get all the cool stuff? Are you saying that you actually got Controllers, headsets and DLC as incentives for Dead Island, or you're just using them as examples. I know the only thing the offered via Amazon was some shitty digital art book, or guide. Basically nothing worth preordering.

i work in retail, and let me tell you guys, you have no clue what you are talking about, it is run by mostly unmotivated, lazy, mildly retarded, bozos. they have no clue what they are doing and how anything gets done is BEYOND me. you are lucky they had any copies of the game.

eventually someone will open up a good store and run all these retarded stores out of business...you should help out the process and just never shop at that particular store ever again.

Ya Im very happy I bought this day 1 it was worth it (minus the glitches lol) but either way ive had fun with the game and cant wait for the arena and the ryder dlc since I get the arena for free I will definetly buy the ryder dlc day one of it being put on the marketplace ! Now you had the chance to avoid this and pre order like I did lol but instead you wanted to wait for the review ? I mean it seems like a smart thing to do but really live a little and go with your gut and say screw the reviews Ill see for my self if its good or not. And wow 3/10 thats cold at the least I would rate this game at a 6/10 because the glitches and a little slack in the story but really this game is a good 8/10 and is definetly worth picking up when you can actually find it.

Also Its awesome to see this game sell the developers should be proud exspecially them releasing it so close to gears way to go !!!!:rock

Just have to say pre-ordering doesn't always solve the problem -_- I pre-ordered from Amazon (in Uk). Chose the fastest shipping method meaning it should arrive day after release. Day after release I got an e-mail basically saying ''Oh lol despite guarnteeing delivery by today we actually have no stock! Expect delivery by the 5th of October'' No joke, despite pre-ordering they were saying I should expect to wait around a month. So then had to check through other online stores quite a few of which were sold out since they didn't tell me till day after release. Finally found it and should now have the game by tomorrow. Never going to order games from Amazon again, the customer service response was ''Sometimes things go out of stock, either cancel your order or wait the month for it to restock''

So unfortunately, no pre-ordering doesn't always guarntee you get the game -_-

Yup... everybody is saying pre-order.... i'm going to say that too.

Dude, don't really see why you're complaining, it's your fault you weren't able to secure a copy. You said that it's evident that a lot of people would be buying it..... so why are you surprised that they're sold out?

Lesson learned.... pre-order.

I am not pre-ordering because I have coupons for Kmart. The game was suppose to come with a 20 dollar coupon and I was going to use my pre-existing one on that.

You guys actually pay full price for launch titles? Huhuhuhuhu oh please. Cheapassgamer.com.

That's the risk you take so you have even less reason to moan about it.

We might have paid more but we're actually playing the game already.