Off Suit Samurai - Guide

LanEvo

There is information regarding this achievement scattered through the forum, but i couldn't find a objective straightforward post, so i decided to make this, inspired by the great suicide queen post made by Molloy2006. It's way easier than Suicide Queens because the samurais are big and stay still when you parry them, so it's just a matter of aiming up, middle and low to get the body parts.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9156/afrosamuraioffsuitsamur.jpg

Off Suit Samurai

Complete a Samurai Straight Flush. (25G)

What you need for this achievement is to get a straight flush samurai, which means that you have to first enable the poker body parts minigame and then cut a hand, a leg and a head of three different samurais before the time run out. They are the red armored enemies, taller than the average enemy, very distinct appearance.

Note: i did it two times in a different order and it didn't unlock, so if you feel that you did it and didn't get the achievement try doing it in this particular order: 1. Hand 2. Leg 3. Head.

If you don't get it right or the time runs out, jump over any side of the bridge to kill yourself and restart at the checkpoint just before.

Follow these steps to get the achievement:

1. Start the Doppelganger level, preferably on normal

2. Proceed until the bridge fight against the "Wild Five". It's a little after the first doppelganger fight, there will be a checkpoint just before, and there is a cutscene with a samurai saying: "Your story is over. We are the wild five. Cut him down!"

3. Fight them, try to wear them down equally without killing any of them. When you feel all of them are weakened, kill two of them.

4. When there is only three weakened samurai left go to the far side of the bridge where the poker ninja is to activate the minigame

5. Now you stay close to any of the three samurais and wait for a chance to parry. You know the samurai is ready for cutting when you parry him and he stay still both hands down. If you parry and that doesn't happen, hit him and wait for a chance to parry again.

6. The first chance you get a samurai hands down after parry aim a perfect focus X slice just a little above the waist. That will get you the hands

7. Now you parry the second samurai, and when he stays there with hands down, aim all the way down a perfect X slice to get legs

8. The third and last samurai, you parry and aim all way up a perfect focus X slice, that should give you the head and the achievement.

When i say a "perfect focus X slice" i mean you have to hold LT, press X and release it when the shine is at the tip of the blade.

I found this video in youtube that shows the battle part of my guide. It's not mine, i don't take any credit for it, but it shows how you should do the slices perfectly:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-M6YiwEhss]YouTube- The Samurai Straight Flush[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...

For the life of me I could not get this working. I was always getting beat down by one of the samurai jumping in from off screen. Despite that, I couldn't get them to drop their arms when they were parried. I'd keep on hitting them, checking with a parry, and repeating, and they'd eventually just stab themselves. After trying for so long and not feeling so sure about nailing the actual body parts, I went a different route with it.

I started off running into the group and attacking everyone for a bit, tagging each of them with a focus attack to their feet since they can't block those. Activated the poker game and stay at the low end of the bridge by ninja ninja so that the samurai were higher up than me. Then I started throwing max height X focus attacks repeatedly. They don't die right away, but the process would usually get me the hand or the head. It took a few tries to get both, but once I had both, I just had to start hitting one of them with repeated low X focus attacks and since they don't dodge or block low, getting the leg is incredibly easy.

I don't know if that would work for everyone, but it was a much faster process for me. Something to point out is that it's important to have enough focus to throw consecutive focus attacks since the first one is usually blocked, but then their swords are knocked back for the head/hand chop.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a easier method to this, track back when you get to the wild five make sure you die so you can reset the bears. Grab the bear by the elevator then track a little bit more back you'll find another bear. So now you should have Over Focus,go crazy on the wild five. try using X attack you should be able to get the legs&Head and then try your best to get arms keep Focusing till you get them arms.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I will give this a try, but when I focus slice with X for the head, I seem to slice the upper chest area with it too, and Ninja Ninja say it doesn't count :(

Feet has to be the easiest to get if you ask me, Hands...not so much...

But will try again!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I found a easier method to this, track back when you get to the wild five make sure you die so you can reset the bears. Grab the bear by the elevator then track a little bit more back you'll find another bear. So now you should have Over Focus,go crazy on the wild five. try using X attack you should be able to get the legs&Head and then try your best to get arms keep Focusing till you get them arms.

This ^ is awesome. Got it first try after reading this.