Unachievable Achievements

EOU Findub

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord Of The Rings: Conquest now has at least 10 unachievable achievements (i'm not sure about 2)

They are:

Blademaster 20G

Marksman 20G

Assassin 20G

A Storm is Coming 20G

Storm and the Lightning 50G

A Red Sun Rises 50G

Rings of Power 50G

Ride to Ruin 50G

I Will Take It 15G

Lord of the Nine Riders 15G

and maybe:

You Have My Axe 15G

You Have My Bow 15G

This is because EA shutdown the servers in february (unfortunately i got it about 2 weeks ago without knowing, yay)

Other people have gotten the achievement so there for it is Achieveable, does not belong in this thread, sorry.

Not to seem too negative, but this seems to be a fairly common response on this thread. Perhaps it is time to create a stickied thread for "glitchy achievements." Could include things like Grease Monkey in Dark Void, Scientific Pursuits in Fallout 3, Realistic Difficulty, that sort of thing. I would be willing to help with it, if you like.

There are dozens of achievements that would fall into that category, some are well known, others are not. It might be a good idea to have one resource that you can check before passing the point of no return on a game or write a solution as well. Also save the time of copying and pasting the "others have it" response.

Not to seem too negative, but this seems to be a fairly common response on this thread. Perhaps it is time to create a stickied thread for "glitchy achievements." Could include things like Grease Monkey in Dark Void, Scientific Pursuits in Fallout 3, Realistic Difficulty, that sort of thing. I would be willing to help with it, if you like.

There are dozens of achievements that would fall into that category, some are well known, others are not. It might be a good idea to have one resource that you can check before passing the point of no return on a game or write a solution as well. Also save the time of copying and pasting the "others have it" response.

glitchy achievements should be mentioned in the roadmap for any game, along with any solutions that people have found. i think a list with glitchy achievements would be unnecessary and confusing.

The sheer amount of 'glitchy' achievements would make the list a bit of a nightmare to keep up-to-date. If this relatively easy 'unachieveable' thread (and 'quick' threads) can go months without an update, a 'glitchy' one would be even harder to do on a regular basis.

glitchy achievements should be mentioned in the roadmap for any game, along with any solutions that people have found. i think a list with glitchy achievements would be unnecessary and confusing.

I think they already are for most of them, or at least they are for every one that I write. I see them in most of them, but some of them are written before the glitch is known. In cases where they are right in the road map, it could be just a link from the thread to the roadmap to make it easier.

I never understand this. If you're going to make a game with online features, why stop supporting the game? Sure, next to no one might play the game, but there will always be someone who wants to play online

Simple, cost of operation. Also from a business stand point you want to focus on the product that is going to garner the highest profits, Tiger Woods 07 isn't going to be as big of a money maker as Tiger Woods 10.

Ghostbusters

Maximum: 980/1000

Achievements:

-Payday (10G)

-No Job Too Big (10G)

Reason: Just glitched...no real rhyme or reason to these being glitched.

Resolve: Well, the game just came out so seeing a patch isn't unreasonable. Time will tell though. ***Thanks to Mightymango for this***

The Loans Paid Off achievement is glitched for many people too. I got the one for earning 2.5 million, but this one for earning 100k never triggered.