Filling out every 'room' to get 200.6%!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have searched and searched for my remaining 0.3% however I seem to not find them. I know 0.1% is for the room that Shaft and Dracula reside, but what about the other 0.2%? :(

Here are my maps so hopefully someone can find out the answer:

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/dnt_blnk86/IMG-20110403-00062-1.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/dnt_blnk86/IMG-20110403-00061-1.jpg

I have searched and searched for my remaining 0.3% however I seem to not find them. I know 0.1% is for the room that Shaft and Dracula reside, but what about the other 0.2%? :(

Here are my maps so hopefully someone can find out the answer:

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/dnt_blnk86/IMG-20110403-00062-1.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/dnt_blnk86/IMG-20110403-00061-1.jpg

You seem to be missing two save rooms in the Inverted castle- you didn't mention your total room count, so if those three rooms don't come to 0.3% just let me know and I'll have another look for you: http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z81/didi_mau/Ushoraninvertedmissingrooms.jpg

I'm stuck at 200,5%. I've already teleported out the room where you fight Shaft and Dracula. Spent several house comparing maps and can't find the last room.

Any help would be great!

Normal Castle:

http://i54.tinypic.com/28arvid.jpg

Inverted Castle:

http://i53.tinypic.com/fa4kdd.jpg

I'm stuck at 200,5%. I've already teleported out the room where you fight Shaft and Dracula. Spent several house comparing maps and can't find the last room.

Any help would be great!

It's in the inverted castle, you can see the entrance to it on your map: http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z81/didi_mau/JenEwainvertedmissingrooms.jpg

Well im stuck at 1887 rooms. I can't for the life of me find the last 3. Here are my maps. Hope someone can spot them!

Normal:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Jayandsb1089/2d821abe.jpg

Inverted: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Jayandsb1089/ab083aba.jpg

Firstly, apologies for what is probably a complete noob question but I'm new to Castlevanias, so this is probably gonna be the first of many in this thread. In the normal castle (uninverted) in the room with the big clock with the two angel statues,how do you get the right hand statue to move to access the room behind it? I done the left hand one which seems to just move anyway but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the right hand one to move, I'm 788 rooms into the castle and being playing for a while so it's not that I have just started, I'm presuming I've missed something?

Firstly, apologies for what is probably a complete noob question but I'm new to Castlevanias, so this is probably gonna be the first of many in this thread. In the normal castle (uninverted) in the room with the big clock with the two angel statues,how do you get the right hand statue to move to access the room behind it? I done the left hand one which seems to just move anyway but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the right hand one to move, I'm 788 rooms into the castle and being playing for a while so it's not that I have just started, I'm presuming I've missed something?

It's a bit of a cryptic puzzle, you need to use the stopwatch subweapon that briefly freezes enemy movements to move the right-hand statue (the left-hand statue opens and shuts every real-life minute that passes I believe, if you ever need to go up there again).

Off the top of my head, the main rooms that might trip you up are:

[spoiler=Didi Rooms]-Any rooms hidden behind breakable walls; the maps linked on the first page of this thread will show you their locations.

-In the Castle Keep (where Bloodlines takes place at the very start of the game), there's a hidden switch after the broken stairway hiding in an overhanging wall. Whip it and a staircase will descend out of the ceiling, leading to a couple pieces of equipment.

-The hidden room by the mermen that requires the wolf and bat transformations; you've already got this, but there's a mirror equivalent of it in the Inverted Castle that is unlocked in the same way.

-The locked room at the top section of the Clock Tower, where all the gears are; There are four yellow gears/switches jutting out of the sides of the walls in this area (they're not all in the same "column" of the map), if you hit them enough times you'll notice the sound effect of the hit changes to a click. Hit all four gears/switches until they make their clicking sound (if you overhit on one of the gears just keep hitting it until it makes the noise again) and a room will open at the bottom of the left "column" where there was previously a gate.

-The switch in the wall of the Abandoned Mines (possibly the Catacombs, I'm horrendous with the area names :p); a few rooms north of the map's southernmost warp point is a ceiling that has a small switch built into the top right of it, you need your Demon familiar activated so that he's flying around with you, and then he'll notice the switch and press it to reveal a new path.

-Finally, if you're having difficulty making any of the ceilings of the Inverted Castle's Reverse Caverns fill in on the map, try jumping through the water and then transform into wolf form near the top. Hold/mash the Y button and the wolf will begin to swim through the water, hug the edges of the ceiling and travel horizontally across until the room is filled in.

For the most part there's not too much out-of-the-box thinking going on, you've come across two of the main offenders now and then it's almost entirely smooth sailing haha. Give me a shout if you need anything and I'll see if I know it! :)

It's a bit of a cryptic puzzle, you need to use the stopwatch subweapon that briefly freezes enemy movements to move the right-hand statue (the left-hand statue opens and shuts every real-life minute that passes I believe, if you ever need to go up there again).

Off the top of my head, the main rooms that might trip you up are:

[spoiler=Didi Rooms]-Any rooms hidden behind breakable walls; the maps linked on the first page of this thread will show you their locations.

-In the Castle Keep (where Bloodlines takes place at the very start of the game), there's a hidden switch after the broken stairway hiding in an overhanging wall. Whip it and a staircase will descend out of the ceiling, leading to a couple pieces of equipment.

-The hidden room by the mermen that requires the wolf and bat transformations; you've already got this, but there's a mirror equivalent of it in the Inverted Castle that is unlocked in the same way.

-The locked room at the top section of the Clock Tower, where all the gears are; There are four yellow gears/switches jutting out of the sides of the walls in this area (they're not all in the same "column" of the map), if you hit them enough times you'll notice the sound effect of the hit changes to a click. Hit all four gears/switches until they make their clicking sound (if you overhit on one of the gears just keep hitting it until it makes the noise again) and a room will open at the bottom of the left "column" where there was previously a gate.

-The switch in the wall of the Abandoned Mines (possibly the Catacombs, I'm horrendous with the area names :p); a few rooms north of the map's southernmost warp point is a ceiling that has a small switch built into the top right of it, you need your Demon familiar activated so that he's flying around with you, and then he'll notice the switch and press it to reveal a new path.

-Finally, if you're having difficulty making any of the ceilings of the Inverted Castle's Reverse Caverns fill in on the map, try jumping through the water and then transform into wolf form near the top. Hold/mash the Y button and the wolf will begin to swim through the water, hug the edges of the ceiling and travel horizontally across until the room is filled in.

For the most part there's not too much out-of-the-box thinking going on, you've come across two of the main offenders now and then it's almost entirely smooth sailing haha. Give me a shout if you need anything and I'll see if I know it! :)

Thanks again, your knowledge of this game is immense, you must be a Belmont knowing the castle this well. Thanks for the tips, I got the switch in the wall with the demon completely by fluke while standing having a minutes break, but seeing him activate it made me see how tricky some of these rooms are going to be to find, I'll stick at it, first Castlevania I played since Simons Quest on the NES and have to say I'm loving it, even if I do suck at it at the moment, thanks again, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again soon.

Another couple of questions. I just unlocked the inverted castle, I found 941 rooms in the 1st castle, is it right that there are 942? Can anyone confirm that I am missing 1? Another thing, once I worked thru the inverted castle and presumably come to another end boss, I'm guessing his rooms will count towards the overall total, will I be locked in there like other bosses and be forced to fight him and complete the game or can I teleport back to the library in the 1st castle and look for any rooms if I missed some and the achievement don't unlock, I'm guessing these have been covered in other threads, but after a while searching, I realised most threads like those have samey thread titles and it was taking me ages without finding an answer. Thanks.

EDIT: I found the 1 room I was missing in the 1st castle, wasn't even a room, was a small area in the lowest part of the map of a room I'd been in but hadn't covered while in there, didn't realise some parts were not shaded grey when you had been in the room but not walked thru that area, this one was still black, handy to know for future reference.

Edited by draven667

Another couple of questions. I just unlocked the inverted castle, I found 941 rooms in the 1st castle, is it right that there are 942? Can anyone confirm that I am missing 1? Another thing, once I worked thru the inverted castle and presumably come to another end boss, I'm guessing his rooms will count towards the overall total, will I be locked in there like other bosses and be forced to fight him and complete the game.

That's right, there's 942 rooms with a mirror equivalent in each castle and then an additional six squares in the Inverted castle which is caused from how the water caverns changed (or rather, stayed the same where the water floats above). You've got all the Normal castle's rooms now, so no need to worry there :p

As long as you have a library card in your inventory you can escape from the Dracula fight, that room doesn't have to be your 1890th- if you beat Shaft in that room, wait for Dracula to appear and attack, and then use the library card, you will also have both those characters filled in on your monster list in the Long Library.

Is the map of the inverted castle on the post a few above me ( where the guy needed the 3 room corridor in the 1st castle) a full map with all rooms on it, or has anyone got one to post up, I'm stuck on 1888 rooms, I got the full 942 in the 1st castle, so I know there in the inverted, but I scoured that map as well as walked my game for a couple of hours and just can't find them, I beat shaft and warped out of the Dracula fight so I'm presuming that would have registered there rooms, unfortunately at the moment I'm away from home and only have my iPad with me so can't upload my map yet, so basically in short I guess I'm asking for a 100% accurate map of the inverted castle if anyone has one I would be eternally thankful.

Jayandsb1089's Inverted photo has all 948 rooms, and it's a clearer pic than the poor quality one I normally use so I'd go with that one :p Two rooms that are missed very often in my experience are the save room closest to the castle teleporter leading back to the Normal castle (the closest one north-east of there) and the second save room south of the most north-eastern teleport room; these two save rooms have some marginal use in the Normal castle but not so much in the Inverted, where you're already a higher level than the enemies walking around.

Finally got it, my bad, it turned out it was in the normal castle after all, which is strange considering I didn't leave until I got 942 rooms as I didn't want to have to come back once I got to the inverted, it was the very northern most point of the map, I can only guess that I must have mixed up a save and loaded the wrong one then went about my game thinking I already had them, still, not to worry, glad to finally have this achievement, just the Belmonts Revenge to go now.

A big thanks to Didi Mau, cheers for the help, couldn't have asked for any better (speedy) advice in this thread and others. :bow:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know a lot of people have done it before, but this community rocks and has helped them out and now I come to you.

I've gone through several guides as well as most if not all of the previous posts and I just can't find them. I think I just need a couple more sets of eyes. Help is appreciated ^_^

200.0%. 1884 Rooms. Pictures below. (Sorry for the quality. My regular castle is a little bright...if needed I can certainly retake them)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5068/5738734525_fcb1b2048f_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2356/5738734589_4ab58aeaba_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Since you've all been so nice to help out everyone else, I thought I'd try my luck as well.

I have 200.5%, but the last room is evading me. I've tried pouring over maps and comparing them to what I have but I can't see what I've missed. If someone would take the time to have a look and see if they can spot it, I'd be grateful.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/Luciuskain/Photo0066.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/Luciuskain/Photo0065.jpg

Hopefully the images aren't too poor. Thanks in advance to anyone who even glances at them.