Power Gamer

Black Barney

Hey I'm level 51 or 54 (I can't remember) and am working on getting to level 60. Should I just be doing Missions or should I do Assignments too? I can't remember if Assignments are a ton of XP or if it would be faster just to do the missions (if they give that much more XP).

if i remember well, you'll need to do at least one more playthrough to reach level 60.

it is hard to give you a proper answer to a bad question. which level are you at? 51 OR 54? which part of the game are you at? the beginning OR the end?

do you have any XP bonuses unlocked? do you have dlcs to get more XP?

what i can tell you for sure, the last couple of levels need an awful lot of xp, so to be on the safe side, do every side mission, as it would suck to get stuck between level 59 and 60 at the end of the game.

i reached level 60 somewhere after the middle of my 3rd playthrough, doing as many side missions as possible.

sorry for the bad question. I'm level 51 or 52 I think. I'm at the beginning (on citadel). I have all XP bonuses unlocked, I have all DLC.

I don't care if I have to do one or two more playthroughs, I just want to reach 60 as fast a possible so my question was more about what gives more XP per minute, missions or assignments? If assignments barely give any XP compared to missions, I'll just keep doing missions till level 60. But if assignments are worth it, I'll do that.

That was more my question, sorry about being unclear.

Its hard to say which gives more XP, since some assignments are quick, easy, and fairly rewarding. It took me 2 & 1/2 playthroughs to get to 60, but the first 2 playthroughs I did everything except for the collection missions. As always, keep killing things outside of the mako until you get there.

Missions will always give you more, but I dont think you can get from 52 to 60 on just mission XP. As dumb as it sounds, just keep grinding. I didnt have my ally cheevo's so I just used those as a reason to keep doing sidequests.

sorry for the bad question. I'm level 51 or 52 I think. I'm at the beginning (on citadel). I have all XP bonuses unlocked, I have all DLC.

I don't care if I have to do one or two more playthroughs, I just want to reach 60 as fast a possible so my question was more about what gives more XP per minute, missions or assignments? If assignments barely give any XP compared to missions, I'll just keep doing missions till level 60. But if assignments are worth it, I'll do that.

That was more my question, sorry about being unclear.

Now much clearer. :) Just do everything you can, this way you repeat less, and even side mission offer a lots of killing - XP as well. It looks like an average 2,5 playthrough needed for level 60, being very throughout in the first 2 playthrough.

If you just want to reach level 60, you should do everything in your 2nd playthrough, and in the 3rd as well. I would say better to reach level 60 in mid-game than not reaching it and starting a 4th run.

Also, as said before, you can skip the collection missions.