OMG Jeff Jarrett Prick

coldman1

what i figured after an hour is to do high risk manouvers, like off the turnbuckles or jumping off the ropes, they give ya 250 style points and does 2x the damge to him

so do that and when you have a finiher just whack him with it and then wait till he turns red and pin him, i wa sliterally pissed off with the match its ridicoluous how hard he is, he would literally do 4 moves to me and im done lol

I think this has been posted already, but this is the strategy I used starting with LAX and all the way to JJ:

Set your Toward + Y grapple to Neckbreaker, set Grab (Y by itself) move to Neckbreaker. Spam the Neckbreaker grapple with the Armdrag (Away + Y). It will take a few minutes to win, but if you stay on top of your opponent, it works. If your opponent starts to beat you down, get out of the ring and when they follow, go back in and grab them as soon as they stand up. After 3 finishers and generous use of the 2 aforementioned grapple moves, victory was mine.

Yes, it's time consuming. Yes, if the rhythm of your moves gets broken, it gets annoying. But, hey, it worked for me.

a had the same problem. reversed 80/90% of all my moves. eventually figured out how to beat him. simply keep punching him, just keep wackin 'X', he doesnt reverse a punch. wait till is red then hit a powerful move, easy!

This worked for me 1st time, don't jam the x button pace yourself to 1 press per second.

He will reverse a few times but just get up and start with the x again.

Man, it took me ages to beat Jarrett. I tried all sorts until I finally made him submit via a reverse chin lock (God bless "the greatest wrestling game availible"). The first 3 chinlocks went OK, then his head turned orange and he started to reverse them. He punches me two or three times and his special fills up and I'm all red. I roll out the ring and run away until his special is gone (knowing full well, if he reverses the next move his special will go right back up (!?) and I will be certain to lose - again! BUT, hit a suplex (what else?) and hooked in the chinlock and he submitted. It was glorious.

sorry for second post but u can also change settings to backyard

Backyard -Easy

Indie - Medium (default)

Pro - Hard

change it on the story mode settings after modify character

Damn. See, being all smart-ass I concluded that 'Indie' was the easy setting. Obviously reading it now - it's kinda obvious that Backyard is the lowest of the low. Dammit!

I've just been attempting the Shark Boy cheesement and stuck it on Backyard - why yes, that is easier.